A non theme park day

eellis88

DD from Buffalo
Just wondering if this could be done all in one day. We are thinking of taking a Sunday (middle of our trip) off from the theme parks. We were thinking of going to visit Fort Wilderness (petting zoo, etc.) and WL in the morning. Then going to visit Downtown Disney and RainForest for lunch/dinner in the afternoon. Then over to the monorail loop to see the resorts (going at X-Mas !) and finishing at Poly on the beach for fireworks and Water Electric parade.
Is this too much for one day with teen DD and toddler DS and 2 sets of grandparents ?

Thanks in advance :p :cool:

Hmmm....Sounds like a lot of fun. It probably can be done, but if it was my trip, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't do everything. There is so much to do at Fort Wilderness, you could probably spend a full day there, and the same at Downtown Disney (if your wallet can afford it). And, going at Christmas, resort hopping is a must for our schedule as well. We have a day kinda like that planned out for this year (will be there November 30th to December 6th or 7th) for that Saturday - when the crowds will be at their biggest (for that time) at the parks. Please don't misunderstand that last sentance, this is the quietest time of the year to go - but I hate lines of any kind. I like being able to just walk on to Tower of Terror. Anyway, enjoy your trip.

I think that vacation can't always be run, run, run, from dawn till dusk. I would have a loose plan and choose the things you would most enjoy. If you are going at Christmas you will want to visit the resorts to see the decorations for sure. I might be tired of shopping so you may only want to spend a short amount of time at DtD. Fort Wilderness is a place that is an activity in and of it self. You might want to do the campfire singalong one night there though. The fireworks from the beach at the Poly are wonderful and I think you should try to do that for sure. You can grab a swing and a few beachchairs and have dessert while you enjoy the show. Have a great trip.

Downtown Disney is a ZOO at Christmastime. Actually it's a zoo all the time, but is REALLY bad at Christmas. I'd ditch that part.

Anne

Does your toddler take naps? You might need to schedule an afternoon rest period back at your hotel.

Resort hopping is definetly fun though. We stayed at WL in November and then hopped one morning to CR, Poly & GF. We ate lunch at GF. That took all morning and we had a toddler also so we went back to WL for a nap. After we freshened up we headed to DD for the evening. Shopped and ate at the Rainforest Cafe and then headed back to WL. That was enough for our toddler.

With a toddler we found we had an idea of what we wanted to do each day, but took things at a slow pace.

Have fun planning

Depending on what day it is, the adults might need naps as well! Also, you might want to consider doing the Epcot Resorts for decorations as well.

If I had to leave out one thing it would be Downtown Disney. I'd much rather Resort hop. Plus I've discovered over the years that each resort has items in their shops that you might not be able to find anywhere else - so if you want to shop it's a great alternative. I'd spend part of the day at Ft Wilderness and then resort hop after you've finished there.

Pat

Downtown Disney is a ZOO at Christmastime. Actually it's a zoo all the time, but is REALLY bad at Christmas. I'd ditch that part.

Anne
I agree! Skip Disney Springs and go to a resort restaurant on the monorail loop. You can see the decorations and eat dinner.

I agree! Skip Disney Springs and go to a resort restaurant on the monorail loop. You can see the decorations and eat dinner.
Another thumb on the scale for this. The monorail resorts are idyllic and DS will be mobbed.

We're partial to both Artist Point and Roaring Fork over at WL. Roaring Fork is only QS, but the location is pristine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts