A Non-Character Non-Park Breakfast

momof2mancubs

Earning My Ears
If I need to post this on the food thread, just let me know, but I thought I'd start here.

We just got back from WDW last week. I have two boys: 2 and 4. It was the first trip where my 4 year old actually got it and remembered everything. He had a blast and loved everything...except the characters. I mean he hated them. Convulsions, crying, etc. He couldn't even enjoy himself if he knew they were around or close (we went to Chip and Dale's campfire and he kept begging me to leave because he knew they'd be coming out any minute).

We have a January trip planned and before this, I had made reservations at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. It is are only character meal. I told DS 4 about it and he freaked! "No mom. Mickey is going to be there and I don't want to see him. He's just too big". I'm beginning to think I need to cancel this reservation and change to another restaurant.

This is our down day, so I need a breakfast at a resort, that would not include characters and be relatively child friendly for the two boys. We will have our car so transportation isn't an issue. And princesses are out. I thought maybe face characters would be different so we tried to meet Mary Poppins and it didn't go too well either...

Any ideas are welcome!!

Kona Cafe and Boma would be my 2 picks.

I know you're not there yet, but the Garden Grill meal broke the ice for characters for ODD. If you get a U-shaped booth on the lower level, it's calmer and quieter, and you can put the kids inside the U between the grownups so they have a little distance. Lower pressure princess meals (Akershus) might also be a possibility. I know you said princesses are out but if the princesses just come by the table for a quick hello rather than the pressure of a meet and greet... We went with a family whose 4yo boy couldn't get enough of the beautiful princesses. His expressions were hilarious. Just a thought.

I will be there in Jan and am leaving about 12:30. I needed some place for breakfast before we leave. I picked Kona because we are staying there.

If I need to post this on the food thread, just let me know, but I thought I'd start here.

We just got back from WDW last week. I have two boys: 2 and 4. It was the first trip where my 4 year old actually got it and remembered everything. He had a blast and loved everything...except the characters. I mean he hated them. Convulsions, crying, etc. He couldn't even enjoy himself if he knew they were around or close (we went to Chip and Dale's campfire and he kept begging me to leave because he knew they'd be coming out any minute).

We have a January trip planned and before this, I had made reservations at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. It is are only character meal. I told DS 4 about it and he freaked! "No mom. Mickey is going to be there and I don't want to see him. He's just too big". I'm beginning to think I need to cancel this reservation and change to another restaurant.

This is our down day, so I need a breakfast at a resort, that would not include characters and be relatively child friendly for the two boys. We will have our car so transportation isn't an issue. And princesses are out. I thought maybe face characters would be different so we tried to meet Mary Poppins and it didn't go too well either...

Any ideas are welcome!!
We did Chef Mickey's and our almost 4 year old grandson HATED Donald Duck - maybe because he's a lot bigger in real life than he imagined? Now wondering whether we should attempt another character meal somewhere with our granddaughter who will be about the same age...

We did Chef Mickey's and our almost 4 year old grandson HATED Donald Duck - maybe because he's a lot bigger in real life than he imagined? Now wondering whether we should attempt another character meal somewhere with our granddaughter who will be about the same age...

It's so hard to tell what their reactions will be. I have friends whose children are younger than mine and LOVE the characters. She may love it!

Thanks so much everyone! We decided to go with Boma! My husband is an adventurous eater and I think he'll like a lot of the offerings, and we'll be able to explore AKL and hopefully see some animals. Plus it's a buffet and my 2 year old will be able to eat as much as he wants (which he will!) One day I'll get to Kona for breakfast and get those pancakes though ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter