a new twist

elisha

Earning My Ears
My favorite new cookie for the Holidays is SOOO good. I copied it from Einstein Bro's Bakery in Atlanta. Basically, find any gingersnap recipe and add White Choc. chunks or chips and chopped almond slivers. I dip the balls in green or red colored sugar (just the tops) and bake as directed. This gives you an updated version and have been a huge hit at all my parties.

Speaking of...it is 12:17 in the morning and I am baking right now. I am hosting my 13th annual cookie exchange in the morning. Right now, a German Chocolate Bundt cake is in the oven. I think the recipe came from Good Morning America. Just take 1 box German Choc. Cake mix, 3 large eggs, 1/3 cup vege. oil, 1 cup water and, yes...1 can of German Choc. (caramel pecan) icing. Blend all for 1 min. Scrape down sides, Beat for 2 more minutes and pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 30-35 min. on 350@. Wrap in foil and keep at room temp. for 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months! I hope it is as good as it smells.

Merry Christmas and to all of you fellow believers out there...

Remember the Reason for the Season!

Welcome to the DIS - especially the Recipes & Scrapbooks board! :D :D :D

Thanks for sharing your recipe. I just made Lemon Snaps yesterday - well, I guess it wasn't yesterday any more. (It's almost 5AM here . . . I'm up because my blood sugar was WAY too low - 29 - and now I'm wide awake! :()

Anyway, the recipe was new to me & is definitely a keeper! :bounce: :bounce: So lemony - I love lemon! :D :D I'll bet they would be even better with the white chocolate & almonds, though. Mmmmm . . . . .

I hope the cookie exchange goes well for you!

Deb

And yes, He is the Reason for the Season!

Welcome!! Glad to have you here!! Hope your party was a huge success. Come back and share often!! Thanks for sharing the recipes I think I might have to try the ginger snap recipe!
That sounds good.

Glad to see another Atlantan on the boards! I lived there for 35 years and am, as usual this time of year, homesick!!

Melissa :D :D

Thanks for your notes. The exchange just ended and I saw your notes. It is always sad when it is over. I had about 20 ladies show up and, believe it or not, 20 different varieties of cookies. Even a raspberry cheesecake bar that was delicious. My Southern Living (recipe winner for the holidays) Pumpkin Praline Torte was a hit. The German Choc. cake was so moist and everyone loved it too.

I love lemon square too. I have found a favorite recipe by the Barefoot Contessa. Her things are the best. I have never gone wrong with any of her ideas.

Well...off to get carpool...

by the way, didn't mention this but we leave on a surprise :bounce: trip to Disney in 2 days. My mom is taking all of the family (20 of us!) for Christmas. Only the adults know so wish me luck that I can keep it a secret for 48 more hours!

Yea!

Twenty different types of cookies. Wow!! Cookies are my weakness. With enough will power I can pass up just about anything, but if I see a cookie lying on a plate... My arm shoots out on impulse. Were recipes included with the cookies? If you have time could you post a few.

What a wonderful surprise for your mother to provide. Disney World for Christmas. We are kicking around the idea of having our annual family vacation in Disney next year. It should be a wonderful time. Let us know how it went.,

Chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter