A New Day, A New Me! (Comments Welcome)

Kiren

Mouseketeer
-waves- Hello! I'm Kiren and I live in beautiful British Columbia, Canada! Welcome to my WISH journal! I'm starting this because I want to have some accountability for getting in shape and motivation for when I'm feeling discouraged. I'll be adding pictures when I get access to my computer at home (I'm at work right now!).

I'm 26 years old and currently weigh about 193 pounds. I should not weigh this much but I also carry it fairly well. I want to get back to where I was about 6 years ago when I graduated basic training at 135 pounds. I looked and felt great. Unfortunately life got in the way and with long work days, a four month deployment thrown in six months after I completed training and a diagnosis of low mood/mild depression things went south.

Then I met my husband. He is also in the military and makes me feel beautiful even when I don't think I am. He has supported me through all my injuries and struggles with mental health and I can happily say that I seem to be climbing out of my hole. After removing some of the major stresses in my life I've been feeling a lot better and while my motivation has been low (a diagnosis of a deficiency in vitamin B12 is changing that), I've already started taking steps to better myself in more ways than one. I've started using My Fitness Pal again (I'm Keireina on there if anyone wants to say hi!) and I have approval from work to start going to the gym for light workouts three times a week! I hope to update this at least once a week or at least on the days when I work out.

I do have a goal in mind and that's to look and feel better for my Disneymoon in May. I'm already married and honestly don't like how I look in my wedding dress. My arms are flabby and my face is puffy. But that will change when we go to WDW I think! I don't really have a weight goal before then but I need to lose about 45 lbs to be considered "healthy" for my height and body type. Let's do this!

Thanks again for joining in!

Well I honestly forgot about this! The Disneymoon came and went and now I'm still struggling with my weight and health but I want to start again! This time I have the support of my husband behind me and he is also getting on board! We have both started using My Fitness Pal again and are really working hard to get new habits to stick. Unfortunately I have gained some weight and with some major frustrations at work (VERY long story and one I don't want to get into) I've felt very unmotivated. Thanks for coming along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!