A naive Aussie's highs & lows

zanzibar138

DIS Veteran
Well, I'm back from an amazing few weeks in Europe and Hong Kong, and thought I would follow tradition and add my highs and lows.

Highs
There are really far too many to mention, we had a great week, even Dad, and I was very sad to leave! But here's a few of the real standouts.

Spending time together - I don't get to see my parents much, living on opposite sides of the country, so the best part of my holiday was just spending time with them :goodvibes

Snow - The first day we arrived to see the park with a liberal covering of snow! Even Dad had to admit that it was especially magical pixiedust:

Walts - We had a beautiful lunch there, really loved the atmosphere up there and the food was great too!

Cast members - We didn't have any problems with any cast members, and got some very nice ones, including the lady who wrapped my snowglobe extra well so it would survive the journey (and asked if she could come too if she could fit in the box :rotfl:)

The castle - The castle is amazing, so pretty and detailed, and I love how you can walk through it and out on the balcony.

Space Mountain - Dad and I must have ridden this half a dozen times - we loved it!

Dreams - What can I say that hasn't already been said? A wonderful show that was well worth lining up in the cold to see (twice).

Hotel L'Elysee - Really nice hotel, very convenient location, plenty of space in the room, and great value!

Lows
These lows are really nit-picking and mainly not even Disney's fault.

Weather - Every day we were there for the whole week was cold and dreary. We were well prepared though and at least it wasn't actually raining. The first day was very bleak with heavy snow and early fog, but it was well worth it to see the park covered in snow.

Crowds and wait times - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were quite crowded with long wait times for most attractions - we made good use of fastpasses! Monday was a bit quieter because of the snow, and Friday was more the level of crowds I had been expecting, with most wait times around 15-20 minutes.

Skating rink at Hotel NY - Dad and I were disappointed to see that they didn't offer actual ice-skating, just roller-blading.

ETA - I forgot to say there will be a TR coming shortly for more details :-)

Great update from your trip. Loved reading the highs and lows. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Great highs there! :thumbsup2 Sorry the weather wasn't the best but glad you didn't let it spoil your enjoyment of being together as a family and that you found the park so pretty. Interesting about the ice rink, I've never tried it out so didn't realise.

Yay!! Glad you had a fantastic time! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

And yes, please do a trip report - I haven't had the time to read any lately but intend spending the Easter holidays catching up on them all. :goodvibes

Welcome back, sounds like you had an amazing adventure:)

Well, I'm back from an amazing few weeks in Europe and Hong Kong, and thought I would follow tradition and add my highs and lows.

Highs
There are really far too many to mention, we had a great week, even Dad, and I was very sad to leave! But here's a few of the real standouts.

Spending time together - I don't get to see my parents much, living on opposite sides of the country, so the best part of my holiday was just spending time with them :goodvibes

Snow - The first day we arrived to see the park with a liberal covering of snow! Even Dad had to admit that it was especially magical pixiedust:

Walts - We had a beautiful lunch there, really loved the atmosphere up there and the food was great too!

Cast members - We didn't have any problems with any cast members, and got some very nice ones, including the lady who wrapped my snowglobe extra well so it would survive the journey (and asked if she could come too if she could fit in the box :rotfl:)

The castle - The castle is amazing, so pretty and detailed, and I love how you can walk through it and out on the balcony.

Space Mountain - Dad and I must have ridden this half a dozen times - we loved it!

Dreams - What can I say that hasn't already been said? A wonderful show that was well worth lining up in the cold to see (twice).

Hotel L'Elysee - Really nice hotel, very convenient location, plenty of space in the room, and great value!

Lows
These lows are really nit-picking and mainly not even Disney's fault.

Weather - Every day we were there for the whole week was cold and dreary. We were well prepared though and at least it wasn't actually raining. The first day was very bleak with heavy snow and early fog, but it was well worth it to see the park covered in snow.

Crowds and wait times - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were quite crowded with long wait times for most attractions - we made good use of fastpasses! Monday was a bit quieter because of the snow, and Friday was more the level of crowds I had been expecting, with most wait times around 15-20 minutes.

Skating rink at Hotel NY - Dad and I were disappointed to see that they didn't offer actual ice-skating, just roller-blading.

ETA - I forgot to say there will be a TR coming shortly for more details :-)

You must have been at the HNY the same day as us judging by your comment on the weather. We were there 24th Feb - 1st March

TR is well under way, though I haven't gotten to DLP yet - Austria and Switzerland are up first :thumbsup2

Well all had such an amazing time, even my parents it seems, who have decided to book the last week of their stay at the Adagio Val d'Europe, and plan to spend another day at Disneyland! And here was I wondering if they'd even like it :lmao:

You must have been at the HNY the same day as us judging by your comment on the weather. We were there 24th Feb - 1st March

We arrived on the 25th :thumbsup2 We didn't really go to HNY though, just kind of exited Disney Village, looked at the skating rink, went 'oh bummer', and went back to Disney Village :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter