A much needed Disney weekend - Day 2, part 2

PrincessMira

Mouseketeer
Wow, I had no idea I would write so much, sorry about that. Hopefully you are reading this while counting down to your own Disney vacation and this helps to past the time a little faster.

DAY 2, part 2

And so it goes….

We head over to CA. Since it is a little before rope drop we head into Engine Ears Toys. Oh how we love this store! Of course we head straight to the Potato Head parts. Now I’m not really sure why I needed the parts for the Tinkerbell Potato Head…but I did. It’s one of those Disney things that you don’t really need but somehow in Disney it makes perfect sense to buy. Since Tink’s wings and shoes were so big, it was quickly decided that I could no longer share DS’s box of parts. So now I have my own – and of course it needs to be filled to capacity! Then as I wander around I come across the matchbox sized cars that are all in character colors. I have no idea what their proper name is. I should’ve known Disney would make all the characters. Of course DS needed a Goofy one to match the Buzz car from our last trip.

Now this is the first time either DH or myself has ever stayed at a Disney hotel. DH being from FL never needed to and I grew up in Seattle so even going to DLR or WDW was a big deal for us so it was always the ‘least expensive’ route. So we are all about the little perks of staying at DLH. DH decides even though there is room in the backpack and we are going back to the hotel relatively soon…he wants to have our Potato Head parts sent to the hotel for us to pick up. I think that process took longer than just ringing up the parts. :sad2: Oh well. DS and I played outside with the new Goofy car while we waited. Our parts were at the bell desk the next morning at 7:00 a.m. waiting for us. Perfect.

We head to the rope drop at Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Cruella is there entertaining everyone. The rope drops and it is a mad dash to Tower of Terror, for most people that is. There is a nice amount of us headed to Monsters Inc. I must say – I loved the theming as we flew by in the queue. But alas the BTMRR drama reared its ugly head and DS wouldn’t go on. Ok that’s it, only rides DS has been on before will do from now on. No sense in pushing him any further. Even though I just know he’d love that Monsters ride. We scoot out the exit (thankfully close by) and decide to dial it down to something DS cannot possible be afraid of, Flik’s Fun Fair.

First we do Flik’s Flyers, manage to get on the last open carton. Really cute ride. Nice and smooth for the little kids and DS at this point. Then onto the bumper cars. Which thank goodness there was another couple willing to bump with us or else it would’ve been mighty boring. But it was all about getting my normal happy DS back. Can’t pass up the 2 second ride of Heimlich's Chew Chew Train. I need to time that ride next time, it can’t possibly last longer than 30-45 seconds…the getting through the empty roped of line was longer. But I bet those toddlers that come to CA love it.

Finally the moment of truth, it is almost time for the 11:00 meeting of Lightning McQueen and Mater. So we are in search of the Golden State Amphitheater. Now for those of you that know CA well, you are thinking...duh, the Amphitheater couldn’t be easier. Well you’d be wrong. I never paid attention the last time we were here and while I can read a map – sometimes I’m challenged. Thank goodness for helpful CM’s that get asked lame questions by people like me all day. DS loves this movie and frankly, so does his mother. The tractor tipping gets me every time. DS made sure to wear his Lightning McQueen light up shoes and his new Lightning watch recently bought at the Disney Store in the mall…(side note: so glad I let him buy the watch before we left. It was only $7-8 in the mall and closer to $20 in the parks! :thumbsup2 ) Seems as if the CMs noticed as DS got comments from photographers, ticket takers and even Cinderella about his shoes and watch.

So we were early, big surprise. We hung out with about 3 or 4 other sets of parents/kids for 10 minutes or so. The kids all bonded over Lightning McQueen paraphernalia and the random Buzz Lightyear toy. 11:00 comes and goes with no cars in sight. The Pin Trader cart CM takes pity on us parents about 11:10 and calls to find out where Lightning is. :thanks: Another 5 minutes or so go by and then you can see them coming down the street. Wow – they look great. Every kid within 100 yards is on their way over. Not like normal character greetings where lines are formed… not going to happen. It was chaos. Good chaos. The kids were so excited to see and touch them. Ah I love good Disney(Pixar) Magic.

47b6d735b3127cce8c8dfc5adc1300000016108AbsmzZs5cst

Whew, now that we can’t possibly top that, we head to lunch. With my trusty Passporter, I had marked for which restaurants serve PB&J…we are headed to DTD to La Brea Bakery.

A much needed Disney weekend - Day 1
A much needed Disney weekend - Day 2, part 1
A much needed Disney weekend - Day 2, part 2
A much needed Disney weekend - Last part

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

MirandaPen said:
I really liked it, but my son thought it was weird.

I didn't try it....but it did look odd. I'm glad we went to BB, just don't think we'll do it again.

Enjoyed this update, looking forward to more

PrincessMira said:
Wow, I had no idea I would write so much, sorry about that. Hopefully you are reading this while counting down to your own Disney vacation and this helps to past the time a little faster.

We are heading to WDW in January and reading the reports pages are helping pass the time.

Goofster57 said:
Enjoyed this update, looking forward to more

We are heading to WDW in January and reading the reports pages are helping pass the time.

Read UtahMama's reports for WDW if you haven't already. She's pretty funny.

January seems like far away - but it will be here soon. pixiedust: Have a great time!

It has to be up there in the top ten reports I have read over the years

I'm really enjoying your report. You bring a lot of yourself in it without going over the top. Very good. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter