A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

No, I just won't wake up early at home. :laughing:

Smart move.

But haven't you read enough of my TRs to know this?

Well... yes and no.
I figured it depended on when the ship docked. It was early so wasn't sure if it was always served.

Wheels aren't enough, needs spinners.

Who was that brilliant person who finally said "Dang this valise is heavy. If only it had spinners on it!"

Yeah, they're a chain. We used to have one in Hollywood where we would have the band banquet, cause it was cheap. I think you got bread, a salad and choice of two kinds of pasta for a paltry sum. They may have even had a scoop of sherbert or vanilla ice cream for dessert. I think that was what she wanted to avoid.

That's the place. It's cheap. It's not great (well... the bread and garlic butter is), but it's fine.

Not sure about ml, but 8 oz ramekins are good for "one egg" versions. I use one that is 12-16oz for the two egg versions.

Thanks, Alison. :)

It's a different mindset when you live 25 minutes away... :rolleyes1

:laughing: You think so???

It's rock salt. That is all the rage right now.

Ah!
and... it is?

x18DL1124TR01.jpg

Are you sure you fell asleep? Wasn't the G forces knocking you out?

I got outvoted and we ended up on It's a Small World Holiday.

Yeah... I'd be voting with you on that one.

We did take a selfie on our boat before we began our voyage.

But that does look like a fun boat! :)

Fran and I split the Chicken Dinner at the Plaza Inn.

Yes please! I'd love to have that again!

Because it was the Christmas Season they had a Yule Log on the menu, it was really good.

mmmm…. Yule Log.
Please, may I have some?

I finally rose above Beaverdom….

Good for you!
(Studiously says no more.)

And got Best in Vehicle, maybe for the first time!

Way to go! :)

Next we rode the Incredicoaster, I think I was shielding myself from the Paparazzi that were chasing me!

:laughing: It certainly looks that way. Not quite ready for your close-up?

We went on Radiator Springs Racers next and I think Space Aliens were descending on us while we raced, but only Leonard and I saw them.

:laughing:

On our way to our next stop, we went by one of the Festival of Holidays booths for the Holiday Egg Nog, it had Brandy, Whiskey, and Bourbon mixed in with the nice warm Egg Nog.

Hmmm.... I would definitely try this... and then probably find it too strong. But I'd try it.

We stopped for a light dinner, I had some Rigatoni with Bolognese.

Drool....

What a shame you got so tired that you fell asleep on the ride. :woohoo:

And an alien attack :scared1: - thank god the cars are fast and you escaped. ;)

Love the food pics. That chicken dinner looks good and I would love the yule log too. That last dessert looked somewhat familiar - hope it was as yummy as the one I remember. :cheer2:

I think I'd love the Holiday overlay at Small World. Someday....

Mmm, Plaza Chicken! Yummy.

That cup of eggnog looks TINY!!

I have always loved every single one of your trip reports. I'm not on Facebook so I love reading them here. I love the way you write, the pictures and the fun of living vicariously through you and your many journeys, hobbies, houses, construction, cars, kitties (that's a big one as I love kitties). On this trip, I even fell in love with the white 2-layer Mickey & Minnie blouse you wore.

Aww....you're so sweet!

Just a silly FYI...I have a very large Recipe Binder with many dividers. I was looking for a recipe recently and realized I actually have a tab for "franandaj". I still cut & paste your recipes to a Word doc and print out because they always sound so darn good. And not difficult. Please keep them up. Both the recipes and the trip reports.

Wow! I'm flattered! I'll have to remember to throw in a couple recipes or two. Not sure which ones I've already posted, :scratchin I'll have to try not to duplicate them. Most of the "keepers" are the easier ones. I have a few that take a little extra work, but they're worth it. Mostly though I try to keep to easy things since we're always so busy and I never get to making dinner until late.

Well... yes and no.
I figured it depended on when the ship docked. It was early so wasn't sure if it was always served.

From my experiences, ships at Port Canaveral all seem to dock in the 6AMish hour and then people are usually getting off by around 9AM. I've only done Disney, but all the other ships in port seem to have similar schedules. They need to turn over the rooms, and dining rooms for the next batch of passengers who start boarding anywhere after noon (at least for Disney). Staterooms are usually all finished and reopened up by 1:30 or 2PM.

Even the American Queen (Mississippi River Boat) fed us breakfast before dumping us off in NOLA, but I think it was more of a continental breakfast instead of a fully cooked to order one like the other days.

Who was that brilliant person who finally said "Dang this valise is heavy. If only it had spinners on it!"

Probably and enterprising young person who wasn't rich enough to afford servants!

That's the place. It's cheap. It's not great (well... the bread and garlic butter is), but it's fine.

Yeah, it was OK. It served it's purpose for us.

Ah!
and... it is?

Well I've had several fancy restaurants serving food on a bed of salt. Mind you I haven't been eating at as many fancy places as I used to.

Are you sure you fell asleep? Wasn't the G forces knocking you out?

could have been that too.

Yeah... I'd be voting with you on that one.

::yes:: I knew you would.

But that does look like a fun boat! :)

It's a fun group of people, we like to go with them. The only friends I have locally who go, when pick up the tickets that is!

Yes please! I'd love to have that again!

So would I! That was the last time that I had it, I think!

mmmm…. Yule Log.
Please, may I have some?

Sure, Fran and I couldn't finish it all!

Good for you!
(Studiously says no more.)

I didn't tell you the animal that I achieved!

:laughing: It certainly looks that way. Not quite ready for your close-up?

Not in the least.

Hmmm.... I would definitely try this... and then probably find it too strong. But I'd try it.

And then you could give it to me. :teeth:

Great pics!!!! And Leonard!!! Love his cutie face.

I recognize those water glasses. :cloud9:

He is such a sweetheart! You will see him tomorrow!

What a shame you got so tired that you fell asleep on the ride. :woohoo:

I know, it's been happening a lot! :laughing:

And an alien attack :scared1: - thank god the cars are fast and you escaped. ;)

Phew! I just barely made it! :rotfl2:

Love the food pics. That chicken dinner looks good and I would love the yule log too. That last dessert looked somewhat familiar - hope it was as yummy as the one I remember. :cheer2:

Everything I ate that day was quite yummy!

Probably and enterprising young person who wasn't rich enough to afford servants!

So you're saying necessity is the mother of invention?

Yeah, it was OK. It served it's purpose for us.

Yep.

Well I've had several fancy restaurants serving food on a bed of salt. Mind you I haven't been eating at as many fancy places as I used to.

Keep me posted on the great salt caper of '19.

Wait... is a bed of capers a thing too?

It's a fun group of people, we like to go with them. The only friends I have locally who go, when pick up the tickets that is!

:)

So would I! That was the last time that I had it, I think!

Then we're both due!

Sure, Fran and I couldn't finish it all!

Yay! You get my alcohol, I get your cake!

I didn't tell you the animal that I achieved!

tigress?

And then you could give it to me. :teeth:

:lmao:

::yes::
(I read this before I mentioned it up there.)

I think I'd love the Holiday overlay at Small World. Someday....

How about this November? :rolleyes1

Mmm, Plaza Chicken! Yummy.

Very much so! I hope that I get to have it again before November! But since I have three different groups of friends coming in before then, chances are good.

That cup of eggnog looks TINY!!

But it packs quite a PUNCH!

So you're saying necessity is the mother of invention?

No, I think that's what you're saying! :laughing:

Keep me posted on the great salt caper of '19.

Unfortunately fancy dining is not in the cards for now. Until we sell a crap ton of stuff on eBay, we're relegated to fast food and average restaurants.

Wait... is a bed of capers a thing too?

No, that would be gross.

Then we're both due!

So when are you coming? :confused3

Yay! You get my alcohol, I get your cake!

Perfect! :thumbsup2

I think I'll let this discussion end here. Family board.....

Festival of the Holidays

Ever since Disney started with the booths like Epcot has at their Food & Wine Festival they have tried to get extra mileage out of the booths, by bringing them out several times a year. I have yet to make it to the Lunar New Year festival booths, but this was my second time visiting the Festival of the Holidays booths.

On our way into DCA we walked through the lobby of the Grand. The
Gingerbread house was up.

x18DL1207FOH01.jpg

When we finally got to DCA the Winter Sliderland was the first booth we visited.

x18DL1207FOH03.jpg

x18DL1207FOH02.jpg

They were out of the Turkey sliders so we got the Holiday stuffing Mac N Cheese. It was really rich and creamy.

x18DL1207FOH04.jpg

And the Milk Chocolate Candy Cane Pot of Creme. I also got the Frosty Frose because I'm a sucker for blue drinks.

x18DL1207FOH05.jpg

x18DL1207FOH06.jpg

Next we went to Blissfully Braised.

x18DL1207FOH07.jpg

Where we got the Braised Pork Belly Adobo with Garlic Fried Rice and Crispy Chicharrón. This one was really good!

x18DL1207FOH08.jpg

Next we went to Brews and Bites because we wanted their Chorizo Queso Fundido.

x18DL1207FOH10.jpg

x18DL1207FOH09.jpg

Fran and I could not eat this one, it was way too spicy for either of us, but Margaret finished it off.

It was finally time for dessert, so we headed over to Visions of Sugar Plums.

x18DL1207FOH11.jpg

Where we got the Egg Nog Wreath Eclair. This was OK.

x18DL1207FOH12.jpg

But this was my favorite! I had never had Sticky Toffee Pudding until this festival last year, and I fell in love with it. I forgot all about it until this past year when I tried it again. I ended up coming up with a really tasty and not too difficult recipe for it which I’ve now made like three or four times since then. And it’s not just for holidays!

x18DL1207FOH13.jpg

At this point we were full and couldn’t eat any more, so we decided to go on TSMM.

x18DL1207FOH14.jpg

Still a beaver.

x18DL1207FOH15.jpg

Then we stopped to get my favorite Egg Nog Beverage. Fran and I split this.

x18DL1207FOH16.jpg

I think Margaret grabbed a chocolate stout from the Beers and Brews booth, but she couldn’t finish it. We were all tired and full and it was getting dark and cold, so we decided to hit the road and head home.

No, I think that's what you're saying! :laughing:

I did? Oh! I did! It's just up there! ^^

Unfortunately fancy dining is not in the cards for now. Until we sell a crap ton of stuff on eBay, we're relegated to fast food and average restaurants.

I'd love to see a McDonalds cheeseburger on a bed of salt.

No, that would be gross.

I'm learning so much about you! No cilantro. No capers.

So when are you coming? :confused3

Not this year, alas. Maybe next year?

I think I'll let this discussion end here. Family board.....

Booooring!

Ever since Disney started with the booths like Epcot has at their Food & Wine Festival they have tried to get extra mileage out of the booths, by bringing them out several times a year.

So they're into recycling...

Cute! :)

Winter Sliderland was the first booth we visited.

I suspect the term Winter Sliderland means something different than from up here. Ours would involve toboggans.

They were out of the Turkey sliders

Well, shoot. That caught my eye and was wondering... ah well.

so we got the Holiday stuffing Mac N Cheese. It was really rich and creamy.

But was it good?

I also got the Frosty Frose because I'm a sucker for blue drinks.

:laughing: But of course!

Where we got the Braised Pork Belly Adobo with Garlic Fried Rice and Crispy Chicharrón. This one was really good!

Sounds (and looks!) really good, too!

Fran and I could not eat this one, it was way too spicy for either of us, but Margaret finished it off.

Looks deceptively mild.

Visions of Sugar Plums.

Cute name. :)

Where we got the Egg Nog Wreath Eclair. This was OK.

And... that's what it looks like, tbh.

But this was my favorite! I had never had Sticky Toffee Pudding until this festival last year, and I fell in love with it. I forgot all about it until this past year when I tried it again. I ended up coming up with a really tasty and not too difficult recipe for it which I’ve now made like three or four times since then. And it’s not just for holidays!

Good for you for finding (and more importantly, doing) that.

Still a beaver.

Refraining...

Fran looks good! Big smile, too. :)
And wow that egg nog looks amazing! What's sprinkled on top?

I'd love to see a McDonalds cheeseburger on a bed of salt.

While it won't be on a bed of salt, in a future update, you may be seeing a McDonalds cheeseburger. :rolleyes1

I'm learning so much about you! No cilantro. No capers.

Actually I'm fine with capers, just not serving something on a bed of them. They would make whatever was served on them either soggy or too salty. Strangely enough the bed of salt does not impart the saltiness on the food that is served on it.

Not this year, alas. Maybe next year?

Just yesterday FB showed me the memory of our Bloody Caesar meet up last year.

So they're into recycling...

I spose so.

I suspect the term Winter Sliderland means something different than from up here. Ours would involve toboggans.

It would mean sliders as in burgers. Last year they had a beef one and the Turkey one. Turns out I never got the Turkey one they were always out of it.

Well, shoot. That caught my eye and was wondering... ah well.

It was OK last year. I was looking forward to trying it without the cranberry sauce this year.

But was it good?

I would like if they made their macs cheesier, it more creamy than cheesy.

:laughing: But of course!

Sounds (and looks!) really good, too!

It was! You'll see it again!

Looks deceptively mild.

It does and it took a couple bites to catch up to me with the heat.

Cute name. :)

I think you liked the booth names last year too.

And... that's what it looks like, tbh.

I let Fran finish that one.

Good for you for finding (and more importantly, doing

I think I need to make it again....

Refraining...

:laughing:

I've said it on FB before!

Fran looks good! Big smile, too. :)
And wow that egg nog looks amazing! What's sprinkled on top?

Its soooooo good. That's nutmeg on top.

While it won't be on a bed of salt, in a future update, you may be seeing a McDonalds cheeseburger. :rolleyes1

No bed of salt? What kind of run-down McDonalds is this????

Actually I'm fine with capers, just not serving something on a bed of them. They would make whatever was served on them either soggy or too salty. Strangely enough the bed of salt does not impart the saltiness on the food that is served on it.

Interesting! I didn't think the salt would... but I'm surprised the capers would affect it that much.

So no capers. How about a bed of roses? That okay?

Just yesterday FB showed me the memory of our Bloody Caesar meet up last year.

:goodvibes
And... that makes sense... tomorrow is the Long Beach Grand Prix. Wish I was there again!

It would mean sliders as in burgers. Last year they had a beef one and the Turkey one. Turns out I never got the Turkey one they were always out of it.

Ah. That bites.

or... not.

It was OK last year. I was looking forward to trying it without the cranberry sauce this year.

Oddly enough, when I have turkey, I never have cranberry sauce with it. But on a sandwich, I always want it.

I would like if they made their macs cheesier, it more creamy than cheesy.

Too bad.

It was! You'll see it again!

Okay! :)

It does and it took a couple bites to catch up to me with the heat.

So...

"mmm... not bad... uh..."

I think you liked the booth names last year too.

I've said it on FB before!

:laughing: Bit more leeway, there.

Its soooooo good. That's nutmeg on top.

Ah! I was going to ask, but then didn't want to seem stupid. I should've known... but just couldn't think of it.

How about this November? :rolleyes1

OH ok, if I have to. ;) ;)

I wonder where @Flossbolna is these days. I haven't seen her for weeks, if not months on the boards. :(

Very much so! I hope that I get to have it again before November! But since I have three different groups of friends coming in before then, chances are good.

I'd chances then are QUITE high.

But it packs quite a PUNCH!

Was that an intended pun....ch?

They were out of the Turkey sliders so we got the Holiday stuffing Mac N Cheese. It was really rich and creamy.

x18DL1207FOH04.jpg

As a mac -n- cheese connoisseur, I wholeheartedly approve.

That look amazingly decadent!

I got outvoted and we ended up on It's a Small World Holiday. We did take a selfie on our boat before we began our voyage.

I’m errr with them....but I haven’t seen it sooo...

After all that togetherness we definitely needed sustenance. Fran and I split the Chicken Dinner at the Plaza Inn. Most everyone else also got the chicken dinner, not sure who split or got their own. Maybe someone got pasta, but I have no evidence as such…..

x18DL1124TR10.jpg

It’s just soooo good!

I finally rose above Beaverdom….

Hail! I don’t thunk I have

it had Brandy, Whiskey, and Bourbon mixed in with the nice warm Egg Nog.

x18DL1124TR16.jpg

Yes yes yes! Yummm
And I had this lovely Chocolate dessert, it was the perfect amount of food.

x18DL1124TR18.jpg

That looks great, chocolate weakness here tho :rolleyes1

I had never had Sticky Toffee Pudding until this festival last year, and I fell in love with it. I forgot all about it until this past year when I tried it again. I ended up coming up with a really tasty and not too difficult recipe for it which I’ve now made like three or four times since then.
Would you by chance be willing to share this recipe??????? Pretty Pleassssse.

No bed of salt? What kind of run-down McDonalds is this????

Not as bad as the one you are about to see in my next update on the other TR! :laughing:

Interesting! I didn't think the salt would... but I'm surprised the capers would affect it that much.

Well since they are moist, they are more likely to seep into the food placed on top of it. Unless that food has a shell like oysters or clams, but those are served on ice.

So no capers. How about a bed of roses? That okay?

I think they are poisonous.

:goodvibes
And... that makes sense... tomorrow is the Long Beach Grand Prix. Wish I was there again!

When I read that I was going to say, what do you mean tomorrow???? It's been going for two days already, but maybe there is only one actual race called the Grand Prix and all the others are just a lead up. To me (never having been) it's all "The Grand Prix" and I've forgotten how noisy it is. We were working on the vacant apartment last weekend. (Yes, we didnt even get one entire month of being fully rented.) And I could hear the cars at the old place.

Ah. That bites.

or... not.

:laughing: I see what you did there!

Oddly enough, when I have turkey, I never have cranberry sauce with it. But on a sandwich, I always want it.

I don't have cranberry on it. Ever. There are just some things that don't go together in my mind, or plate.

"mmm... not bad... uh..."

:laughing: Bit more leeway, there.

No moderators! :laughing:

Ah! I was going to ask, but then didn't want to seem stupid. I should've known... but just couldn't think of it.

I can't forget cause one year for Christmas Fran gave my Dad a nutmeg grinder so he could freshly grind nutmeg on his eggnog. Hard to find presents that my parents appreciate. They are fairly set in their ways and have everything they basically want. If not Mom is on Amazon stat, so we have to be creative with gifts, if we even do gifts.

OH ok, if I have to. ;) ;)

I wonder where @Flossbolna is these days. I haven't seen her for weeks, if not months on the boards. :(

She's in Salzburg for the weekend. Her hubby is in his German home currently and goes home early next week. She doesn't have lots of time for the boards when he is around. I'm FB friends with him so I hear all about their escapades. He is a prolific poster. She has a Twitter account where evidently she posts a lot, but I'm not on Twitter.

I'd chances then are QUITE high.

Hope so! We don't have a lot of plans to go out there in the coming months.

Was that an intended pun....ch?

Err.....no? :confused3 :laughing:

As a mac -n- cheese connoisseur, I wholeheartedly approve.

I would have liked it to be a little more cheddary.

That look amazingly decadent!

It is. And now I want to make it again!

Not as bad as the one you are about to see in my next update on the other TR! :laughing:

Standing by!

Well since they are moist, they are more likely to seep into the food placed on top of it. Unless that food has a shell like oysters or clams, but those are served on ice.

Huh. Learning stuff all the time. :)

I think they are poisonous.

You're not making this easy!

When I read that I was going to say, what do you mean tomorrow???? It's been going for two days already, but maybe there is only one actual race called the Grand Prix and all the others are just a lead up. To me (never having been) it's all "The Grand Prix" and I've forgotten how noisy it is. We were working on the vacant apartment last weekend. (Yes, we didnt even get one entire month of being fully rented.) And I could hear the cars at the old place.

Sorry to hear about the apartment!

It lasts all weekend. There's practice and qualifying (two rounds) and then the race on Sunday. There are also 2-3 other classes of cars that race too. I don't bother with those. No interest.

I don't have cranberry on it. Ever. There are just some things that don't go together in my mind, or plate.

So... turkey in a bowl with cranberries is fine.

I can't forget cause one year for Christmas Fran gave my Dad a nutmeg grinder so he could freshly grind nutmeg on his eggnog. Hard to find presents that my parents appreciate. They are fairly set in their ways and have everything they basically want. If not Mom is on Amazon stat, so we have to be creative with gifts, if we even do gifts.

Nutmeg grinder! That sounds so... decadent. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter