A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

Love the update and the first few photopass pics! I was sad you decided to head back to the hotel, but I certainly could understand. We were DONE ourselves when we got back to the room. And there was lots more fun to come! :thumbsup2

Love the spooky headless horseman pic! You managed to score a nice amount of candy. Room view worked out nicely for the fireworks.

I like your friends costume, but especially love Fran's hat! Looks like you had a good time even if you ended it a little early.

I was curious what your experience was with the Trick or Treat stations. We found that the lines for Trick or Treating were sort of ridiculous. One took us maybe ten minutes to get 3-4 candies. Most of the other ones were maybe 5 minute waits, which is in my mind still way too long. We did probably 6-8 candy stations, but didn't get nearly as much candy as you seem to have gotten. I am still working on my candy though, but I think the kids ate theirs up right away.

z18FC0824MHP20.jpg
This is a great picture! The only time I've been to the Halloween party it rained so they couldn't have the headless horseman ride.

I think this is the best way to watch the fireworks. You're away from all the crowds and as soon as its over you can head right into your room.

Not very. It did completely drain our savings. That was the first time. Been a few times after that, as well, but luckily we have more crap of value than the average person and could spend the rest of our lives selling stuff on eBay.

So you're saying you have an out.

I had sort of already reached that conclusion.

::yes::

I think it's all the proliferation of specialty coffee places. Perhaps they don't sell enough to make it profitable.

Those places are everywhere.

Everywhere.

Maybe she may even make other appearances (aka Marvin).

Good!

The sensor on the laundry room door is faulty, or I guess I could say the laundry room is faulty. The AC intake is in that room, but I keep the door closed to keep the cats out. When the AC starts up it creates a vacuum in the room, and evidently opened the door triggering the alarm. My phone told me that was the door that had gone off, and really who would jump my fence in broad daylight, and go in the laundry room door? For some Disney figures and paintings? :confused3

Thank you for letting me know how to successfully break into your house! :laughing:

I promise I won't.

I don't relish being made someone's... beyotch in jail.

Besides there are much better equipped houses in that neighborhood than our own. We don't even have a stereo system hooked up that works properly.

Who needs stereo. You get serenaded by your cats. :)

I thought of you and Kay several times while we were driving. Boy was that a boring drive! I thought about her and car sickness and there were not many places to stop for many miles. You did good by flying.

Very good point. She was much happier flying, I'm sure.

Perhaps to trumpet players....

Perhaps. ;)

I wouldn't think they could make a sound!

Yeah!

It was originally "America" but when bands from Vancouver, Sydney, and Melbourne had become members, they changed it to Association.

Ah

Myself and Mark both suffered for you.

And the rest of us thank you.

Well first of all, I'm a huge Cannelloni fan. I make my own, but I usually stuff it with beef and Italian sausage and serve it in a red sauce.

Ooohhhh…. that sounds good.
I'm not a cannelloni fan, but that really sounds good.

This one was filled with Chicken and Prosciutto and the combination of Bechamel and red sauce was so heavenly. I love this combination but I can't make a really good Bechamel like this one was.

Hmmm.... it's not sounding as good as yours... but I'd give it a shot.

I think that's a universal given.

Nope. Ruby isn't a fan.

And then we played another 5ish hours the next day between the rehearsals and the concert.

:faint:

I guess they know what they would offer would pale in comparison to people's expectations.

Hmmm... Then up your game.
"We know this restaurant with great coffee..."

I imagine just me, since everyone (well I remember one guy from KC) were all new friends.

::yes::

Actually the schnitzels were all served with the spuds even the Jager schnitzel, I asked for spaetzle instead.

Ah! Then I'm in.

What doesn't she collect? Yes, we have quite a bit of cash wrapped up in turquoise, but even an intruder in our house wouldn't know where to find it. Our house is so much worse cluttered than when you visited.

Plus.... the cats would defend the homestead.
(I like to think so, anyways.)

That was the average temperature all weekend while we were there. That Saturday night party it was still like 90° at 9:30PM.

Good grief. The sun's gone! Cool down!

I have a couple similar to that which she has given me. I hope we get more leisure time where I can dress up and wear my pretty jewelry.

:)

Okay... I'm thinking I might not like this. But... you never know. I'll try just about anything.

Thanks! I'm hoping to get it on the market really soon!

Good luck! Hope it goes in a hurry.

She designed it, pretty cool!

I believe you told me that (and I forgot. :sad2:). I like it a lot.

I use Tide Free in my laundry and can't wear perfume either, so yeah.

Ah. So... yeah.

I know, but they got you, no other place to go.

Except... you did. :)

We wanted to get to the MNSSHP earlier than everyone else so Fran could buy the special merchandise.

Good plan. It sells out, doesn't it?
I remember the last time I went. I wanted ... think it was a mug... anyways, waited too long.

eventually we figured out that they were Hei, Hei and Tamatoa from Moana.

Oh! :laughing:

Great costumes!

She's back!

Love Fran's ears. :)

Oops we tilted a little bit!

Did you fall over?

Not a fan of tater tots. This looks like it would help, though.

Needs fixin's. lots.

and a chocolate fried twinkie.

!!

I never knew this but for whatever reason they can't have motors in the ride. She could have transferred to a manual chair and someone could have pushed her, but she wasn't having it.

What? I wonder why not?

We took a selfie when we got into the boat, but it was too dark for me to post, you really can’t see anyone.

Oooohhh… So you're like ghosts! scary boo.

They had live actors at various points in the ride and queue which was special for the party and we yelled back and forth at one of them in the city scene.

That sounds like fun!

she could meet me back at the hotel cause she was getting tired. I was slowing down and even if we didn't get cut off, I couldn't keep up with the pace of the rest of the group.

You know how I feel about this.

:(

It was suggested that Fran and I watch from there and everyone else would find another spot, but this sounded just like the last party I attended where everyone abandoned the two of us while we watched the parade and fireworks, so we just decided to go back to the hotel.

Oh.

I'm so sorry. That's just not right at all.

Love these shots! But...

… this one is just terrific! :laughing:

there was just enough that I could park myself in a chair with a glass of wine and watch the fireworks from the comfort of my own room.

Awww... good. :)

All caught up, your pics of the Halloween party are making want to go sometime. It's been a while since we've attended. Jill's Edna Mode outfit was great too.

On the Monorail when we got to the Poly we saw some really bizarre costumes, but eventually we figured out that they were Hei, Hei and Tamatoa from Moana.

Allrighty then. I'd need a lot of money to show up dressed in a chicken costume. :rotfl2:

and a chocolate fried twinkie.

All of the major food groups! Excellent work!:thumbsup2

I never knew this but for whatever reason they can't have motors in the ride.

Huh. I wonder why. Are the motorized scooters too wide to fit down the corridors?:confused3

They had live actors at various points in the ride and queue which was special for the party and we yelled back and forth at one of them in the city scene.

That sounds really fun!

It was suggested that Fran and I watch from there and everyone else would find another spot, but this sounded just like the last party I attended where everyone abandoned the two of us while we watched the parade and fireworks, so we just decided to go back to the hotel.

:sad1:

I asked Jill how many steps she did that day, and since I had walked with her most of the day, it was close to how many that I had walked as well. She said 13,000 and that was way too many for me!

Impressive! And exhausting.

We had a lake view room, technically, but it also had a limited view of the MK, but there was just enough that I could park myself in a chair with a glass of wine and watch the fireworks from the comfort of my own room.

Wow! That view doesn't look limited at all to me.

That'll be fun. :)

I've already started making them....look for them in upcoming updates....

I think you've been around on my thread since then?? :confused3

Maybe, maybe not. I am so far behind it's crazy.

Super clever! Love it!

Yes it was! It took us a while to figure it out. The daughter chose the costumes.

OH, Thanks for the reminder!!!

I need to remind Fran, evidently they go for $$$ on eBay.

Edna Mode!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!:lovestruc

Her costume was awesome!

Huh? :confused3 I'd not heard that either. Dang!

Yeah, weird. I like the DL thing where you can go in through the end.

Okay, this. THIS is very cool and and I had no idea. Super stoked for this ride now!!

There was one in the queue and I forgot where the second one was, but the third one was in the burning scene and that was the one we yelled at.

:sad1: This should never, ever happen. I'm so sorry Alison that you were ditched- seems very thoughtless. :( And that it left a bad enough memory on you that you left again.

Well these folks did not abandon us, that was back in 2013. Everyone went their own ways to put stuff in lockers and do other stuff and it ended up Fran and I were left with a guy we didn't know well watching the parade. We didn't leave this year because of the bad memory, or because of these friends, I was just too tired to to go on and once Jill told me that I had walked 13,000 steps, I was done. Fran was asking me when we left the last treat station if she could go back to the room and I really didn't want to hang out without her. When I found out the step count, I knew I was done.

I need this shot! (It's the only way I'm ever going to get a decent shot of this guy. LOL!)

I had no idea when we were leaving that was what they were going to give us! I think it was so cool!

Love the pictures! Love Jill's Edna Mode too. So much fun! :woohoo: Nice candy score too. We are still eating ours from Mickey's Halloween Party last week.

Love the update and the first few photopass pics! I was sad you decided to head back to the hotel, but I certainly could understand. We were DONE ourselves when we got back to the room. And there was lots more fun to come! :thumbsup2

Thanks, I wished that I could have stayed for longer, but when we were walking from Adventureland to the Hub, I was dragging. Fran was already asking if she could leave me and go back to the hotel, I wasn't terribly interested in seeing the parade and walking any further was quickly becoming something I didn't want to do.

Love the spooky headless horseman pic! You managed to score a nice amount of candy. Room view worked out nicely for the fireworks.

Yes, everything did work out in the end.

I like your friends costume, but especially love Fran's hat! Looks like you had a good time even if you ended it a little early.

She found that hat that day at the GF, I forgot to mention that she was adamant about purchasing it.

I was curious what your experience was with the Trick or Treat stations. We found that the lines for Trick or Treating were sort of ridiculous. One took us maybe ten minutes to get 3-4 candies. Most of the other ones were maybe 5 minute waits, which is in my mind still way too long. We did probably 6-8 candy stations, but didn't get nearly as much candy as you seem to have gotten. I am still working on my candy though, but I think the kids ate theirs up right away.

We only had one long wait and that was at Mickey's Philharmagic. They had you walk through the entire queue of the ride, no shortcuts, but since Fran had the scooter we had to go down the ramp with all the people with strollers. They should have had more doors open or something to ease the line cause it moved so slowly.

However, the CMs were dumping handfuls of candy into everyone's bags, like scooping it up with two hands and dropping it in. Also that bag was mine and Fran's candy combined. Sad to say it's all gone now.

This is a great picture! The only time I've been to the Halloween party it rained so they couldn't have the headless horseman ride.

I've heard that's the case when it rains. Not sure if he rode that night cause it was raining, but I really like that shot!

I think this is the best way to watch the fireworks. You're away from all the crowds and as soon as its over you can head right into your room.

I do have to admit I kind of enjoyed it a bit. Glass of wine, feet up, and I went and took a jacuzzi tub afterwards!

So you're saying you have an out.

I used to freak out every time I thought we had no money left, but I can't even count how many times it's happened and every time she has found a way to bring us back from the brink.

Those places are everywhere.

Everywhere.

I know. There is a Starbucks on every corner. Not to mention all the other coffee places.

I've already made one picture, I'll let you all know when I post it.

Thank you for letting me know how to successfully break into your house! :laughing:

I promise I won't.

I don't relish being made someone's... beyotch in jail.

I can understand that, besides you said Ruby doesn't like excess crap around the house, that's all we have that's worth ripping off. It's not like we have priceless jewels or expensive stereo equipment. Everything we have is average, and mostly only of interest to Disney fanatics.

Who needs stereo. You get serenaded by your cats. :)

And our TVs

Very good point. She was much happier flying, I'm sure.

I get that. We actually like road trips, but then again it seems you do too.

And the rest of us thank you.

Yeah why should the rest of you suffer sub par burgers if we have told you they are.

Ooohhhh…. that sounds good.
I'm not a cannelloni fan, but that really sounds good.

I think that my recipe is quite good! This is an old picture, now I make it in a special dish that you might get at a restaurant perfectly sized for the thing, but you can kind of see it here.

This is what I put in the pasta.

And then this is what I put in the sauce. Plus a bunch of extra herbs like basil, oregano, and marjoram.

Hmmm.... it's not sounding as good as yours... but I'd give it a shot.

I tend to love dishes that combine a lovely Alfredo and and a Bolognese. I love being able to take a bite of the Bechamel/Alfredo sauce and then temper it with a bit of Bolognese, just yummy.

Nope. Ruby isn't a fan.

Wow, there are some things about her that make me really go :confused3 as to why you married her. :laughing:

Hmmm... Then up your game.
"We know this restaurant with great coffee..."

You would think, but then again the place we went to at least the second was just a simple sandwich shop. The first was in an airport, so I can guess why they didn't deal in coffee, especially since there was a Dunkin Donuts right next door and evidently there was a Starbucks somewhere.

Plus.... the cats would defend the homestead.
(I like to think so, anyways.)

I think that if they weren't hiding, they would be showing anyone where the valuables were located. I mean they're cats.

Good grief. The sun's gone! Cool down!

I know! It's like that in Palm Springs too, but not quite as bad.

Okay... I'm thinking I might not like this. But... you never know. I'll try just about anything.

From what you say about not liking beans, I think this isn't a dish you would like. I think it's great, but I like beans and such.

Good luck! Hope it goes in a hurry.

Me too. My Mom convinced us to price it high and hope it goes quickly. If not reduce the price.

I believe you told me that (and I forgot. :sad2:). I like it a lot.

I hope that it's a good renting feature. Lots of nice storage!

I really like these decorations!!

Jill's costume is great and Fran's hat is a lot of fun, but I do really like your understated Minnie Mouse costume! That would have totally been my style!

How were these? They look tasty! Are there seats at the Friar's Nook?

I am not sure how you would be able to top that picture! It's perfect!! What an amazing Magic shot!

I barely made it up the hill to the Monorail and we slowly made our way back to the room. We had a lake view room, technically, but it also had a limited view of the MK, but there was just enough that I could park myself in a chair with a glass of wine and watch the fireworks from the comfort of my own room.

This sounds just great! I have found that not overdoing things at Disney parks makes for an all around more pleasant experience.

Here is the candy we got, I've been eating it slowly since we got back, a piece or two a day. Its It's almost gone.

The Edna Mode costume was fun but the wig was HOT!!!!!! I had to ditch it soon after.

The tater tots were delicious but the fried Twinkie wasn't that great. There is a lot of seating at Friar's Nook under cover which is nice.

It was incredibly hot and humid...I'm glad Fran and Alison were able to make it as long as they could. I was done by the parade and the fireworks and the walk back to BLT was LONG! :)

The Headless Horseman was able to ride before the parade!

Jill in CO

Good plan. It sells out, doesn't it?
I remember the last time I went. I wanted ... think it was a mug... anyways, waited too long.

I don't know if it sells out, but we were at one of the first parties of the year so they probably had a good back stock of everything.

Great costumes!

Thanks, except I wasn't wearing one! :laughing:

Love Fran's ears. :)

That seems to be the consensus.

Did you fall over?

No, I wasn't drinking.

Not a fan of tater tots. This looks like it would help, though.

:eek: Not a fan of Tater Tots?????? How can that be?

Needs fixin's. lots.

Just some mustard for me.

What? I wonder why not?

I have no idea.

Oooohhh… So you're like ghosts! scary boo.

:laughing:

That sounds like fun!

It was an interesting change.

You know how I feel about this.

:(

I don't think they were doing it on purpose, they were just all chatting and didn't notice when someone jumped in front of Fran and we got separated. I also could not walk as fast as the rest of the group. Pam did notice we were missing and came back to find us.

Oh.

I'm so sorry. That's just not right at all.

They were trying to be nice, they thought that we wanted to watch the parade. They had room for two people there but not nine. I really was done anyways and if I wanted to have any energy the next day it was good for me to go back to the room.

Love these shots! But...

… this one is just terrific! :laughing:

I had no idea that the first one was going to be a magic shot, but the second one did come out pretty nicely.

Awww... good. :)

I think I enjoyed the fireworks more that way anyways.

All caught up, your pics of the Halloween party are making want to go sometime. It's been a while since we've attended. Jill's Edna Mode outfit was great too.

I really want to go next year now and just concentrate on magic shots. I told Fran she could even stay in the room if she wants.
Allrighty then. I'd need a lot of money to show up dressed in a chicken costume. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

All of the major food groups! Excellent work!:thumbsup2

I thought you would appreciate our cuisine of choice!

Huh. I wonder why. Are the motorized scooters too wide to fit down the corridors?:confused3

I don't think so. Hers is smaller than most, I got the idea that it was the motorized part that was the problem.

That sounds really fun!

It was an interesting twist.

Impressive! And exhausting.

Yeah, I don't have a step counter anymore, but anything over 10,000 is a killer for me.

Wow! That view doesn't look limited at all to me.

The fact that I had to look out the side of the window classifies it as a "lake view". But my lake view rooms have all had a better view than when I paid the points for a theme park view.

Now this is the way to watch fireworks.

Loved your MAgic shots w/ the Headless horseman

I agree, and it was such a nice surprise to get that last magic shot.

I think it might be the moving walkway at the exit that is an issue for the scooters on Pirates. Because of that you can’t load at the exit because it’s a one way exit. The wheel chair might just be sent in the boat?

I really like these decorations!!

They do a nice job, and MK is different than DL.

Jill's costume is great and Fran's hat is a lot of fun, but I do really like your understated Minnie Mouse costume! That would have totally been my style!

I'm not sure it's a costume. I would just wear it as a dress.

How were these? They look tasty! Are there seats at the Friar's Nook?

There is covered outdoor seating, but I think Jill already told you that.

I am not sure how you would be able to top that picture! It's perfect!! What an amazing Magic shot!

Thank you! :flower3:

This sounds just great! I have found that not overdoing things at Disney parks makes for an all around more pleasant experience.

Usually, that's how I do it, but I think we were still very tired from flying.

The Edna Mode costume was fun but the wig was HOT!!!!!! I had to ditch it soon after.

I know, you were rather uncomfortable. :laughing:

The tater tots were delicious but the fried Twinkie wasn't that great. There is a lot of seating at Friar's Nook under cover which is nice.

Yeah after you cut it into thirds, I made the mistake of popping the whole thing in my mouth. I wished I'd been smart like you and just taken one little bite.

It was incredibly hot and humid...I'm glad Fran and Alison were able to make it as long as they could.

The humidity was brutal. Especially after the rain.

I was done by the parade and the fireworks and the walk back to BLT was LONG! :)

You walked back???? :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

The Headless Horseman was able to ride before the parade!

That's good!

I think it might be the moving walkway at the exit that is an issue for the scooters on Pirates. Because of that you can’t load at the exit because it’s a one way exit. The wheel chair might just be sent in the boat?

Could be, but you would think they could fix that and make it accessible in some sort of refurb.

I’m sorry if I haven’t gotten around to your TRs! I’ve been trying to keep up, but it’s useless. We have so much to do. Imagine having a three car garage filled from top to bottom with cra, er precious items that need to be relocated. Then imagine that you have a two car garage at home in the same condition. Luckily we had a tenant decide to give up her garage in a different building, so we’ve been relocating a lot of stuff to there. We’ve taken quite a few trips to the thrift store, and we’ve been listing a bunch of stuff on Craigslist. When we moved into our house four years ago, we had remodeled the Master Bath, we took out a vanity and put in a walk in tub. Well that vanity was still in the garage, along with a mirror, a toilet (we replaced that too) and about 50 empty cardboard boxes. Those went to the recycle place. Plus we have paint cans sitting around in every garage from all the remodels that we have done in the past 10 years. We have 11 units, and by the end of this year, all of them will have undergone, basic total rehabs since 2009. So that’s a few trips to the hazardous waste disposal center.

But by clearing all this stuff out of our garage, we’ll have more room to get the stuff out of the De Soto garages, and then we can rent them out to the tenants. We still have a long way to go!

Fran is hoping to get the apartment on the market this weekend, but we have a ways to go there too! We started the cleaning process last week, and discovered some little things that the contractor missed. In addition we have a bunch of stuff in the patio that we need to find homes for. We have already signed up for a special pickup from the city to get rid of my old recliner, some chairs a tenant left when moving out, and the dead dishwasher. But we also have one of those white plastic tables (it’s gray now, it’s so old) and chairs to move out. Once those things are gone, I can start showing the place.

On the “fun stuff” front, even though we’re broke and are having to sell some of our Disney stock to finance this whole remodel, you’ll learn in the course of this TR that we booked a “dummy” cruise on this past vacation. On October 1st Platinum Castaway Club members could book the next block of cruises that Disney is releasing. I decided to go with a travel agent this time around and use my dummy cruise towards a 7 Day Mexican Riviera Cruise in April of 2020. You’ll see in this next update why I don’t trust myself to book these cruises any longer. I’m hoping that a year from now, when the Pay in Full date rolls around that I’ll be able to afford the cruise without having to sell any more Disney Stock!

Day 3- Saturday - Bay Lake Tower

I woke up at 5:45AM and we had planned on getting up at 7, so I tried my best to go back to sleep for one last hour, but at 6:45 Fran whapped me with her right arm and if I was asleep, I wasn't anymore! Not sure if it was an involuntary movement or on purpose!

I got up and started packing immediately and it wasn't long before we were in the lobby and ready to go. Jill picked me up coffee when she got some breakfast and I think I ate the rest of my Babybel cheeses. Not sure what Fran had, but she ate something for breakfast, albeit small. The trip to the terminal was quick and we were there in no time, well it was a good hour and a half but we were yapping the whole way and seemed like it was quick.

z18FC0825ED01.jpg

It was organized chaos at the port. We were there before it technically opened so there was a long line, but at 10:30 it started moving right along. There was a sign saying only one bag and a purse or briefcase, but they didn't enforce it. I was glad because between the case of water on Frans floorboards and the bottles of wine and Mtn Dew in bags hanging from her tiller, we had way more than one bag and carry on.

We made it through security quickly and soon had our lanyards and were waiting to board. We took a picture with Minnie, and flat Jenny.

z18FC0825ED02.jpg

z18FC0825ED03.jpg

z18FC0825ED04.jpg

z18FC0825ED05.jpg

z18FC0825ED06.jpg

We were in boarding group #2, so we found a little spot near the boarding area where Jill and I sat on the floor and we all perused our Navigators. They had changed things since my last cruise. They no longer printed the four page part of the Navigator daily, only for the first day.

z18FC0825ED07.jpg

z18FC0825ED08.jpg

z18FC0825ED09.jpg

z18FC0825ED10.jpg

It was only these two pages that they printed daily.

z18FC0825ED11.jpg

z18FC0825ED12.jpg

When our group was called, other than having to fight our way through all the people in the later boarding groups to get to the boarding queue, we had an easy time. There was a zig zag queue and the way we had Fran loaded up with all the water, wine and Mtn. Dew in bags on her basket, she couldn't steer very well and the lady in the front of the line took her up to the front to wait for Jill and I to get through the zigging and zagging.

We took our embarkation photo and were on the ship by 11:40AM.

z18FC0825ED13.jpg

z18FC0825ED14.jpg

Animator's Palate was serving a lunch ordered off a menu, and we all agreed that was far superior to the buffet.

z18FC0825ED15.jpg

I would have showed you a picture of the menu, but it came out blurry. I think that somehow the camera got turned on manual focus and I noticed partway through the meal. But if you’re curious, you can find it here.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/embarkation-lunch-menu/

I would have ordered the sirloin, but I knew I was having Prime Rib for dinner that night, and I'm weird about having the same thing for two meals or two dinners in a row.

Jill got the Beef Empanada with Red Chimichurri

z18FC0825ED19.jpg

Fran and I each ordered the soups and shared them. The Gumbo was pretty spicy but still good.

z18FC0825ED17.jpg

I also enjoyed the Leek and potato soup but it was very subtle.

z18FC0825ED18.jpg

I had a garden salad, but forgot to take a picture.
Jill and I ran out at this point to the place where they were taking reservations for Remy and Palo. Everyone in our party (nine total of us) had made separate reservations and Jill and I wanted to ensure that in the cases where we were all dining (some were not eating at Remy at all, some only did Palo Brunch, etc) that we would all be seated at the same table when we were at the specialty restaurants. On our way out of the restaurant we bumped into Karin, Tom, Pam and JJ and told them where we were seated so that they could be seated at a table nearby.

When we got to the Palo/Remy and change dining options location there were huge lines, but they moved quickly and soon we were at the front of the line. Mission accomplished, we headed back to lunch.

I got the kids Mac n cheese, and the serving size was perfect.

z18FC0825ED20.jpg

And what are steak fries without ketchup.

z18FC0825ED21.jpg

Fran got the Salmon Salad, Grilled Salmon Filet on tossed Iceberg, Citrus Marinated Cous Cous, Spinach, Artichokes, Tomatoes and Cucumbers. She said it was very good, but they gave her a huge piece of Salmon.

z18FC0825ED22.jpg

Jill ordered the Pennete Pasta with Tomato Basil Provencal Sauce, Goat Cheese and a Spinach Pesto.

z18FC0825ED23.jpg

For dessert I had the no sugar option, it was like a chocolate mousse, nothing special.

z18FC0825ED24.jpg

Fran couldn’t choose between the Sundae and the Carrot Cake, so Jill said she would order the Carrot Cake and let Fran have some. This worked out to be a good compromise.

z18FC0825ED25.jpg

z18FC0825ED26.jpg

By this time our rooms were ready and we went upstairs to get settled.

I was devastated to find that I had completely spaced out when I booked the room and I had no verandah. It was an oceanview room, with only a porthole. I decided if I could be that stupid, I'd better use a travel agent in the future.

z18FC0825ED27.jpg

I figured I might as well make the best of it. There was pretty much nothing I could do about it and Fran pointed out that it was probably for the best since we already really couldn't afford to be taking this cruise, and with this room we saved some money. Besides, it turned out to be way too humid for my taste, and sitting outside wasn't all that pleasant for me. I thought I was smiling when Fran took this picture!

z18FC0825ED32.jpg

Here’s the rest of the room.

z18FC0825ED28.jpg

z18FC0825ED29.jpg

z18FC0825ED30.jpg

z18FC0825ED31.jpg

We left Fran in the room to sleep while Jill and I went up to the spa. She booked a few more treatments beyond the one she and I had scheduled and I redeemed my Rainforest Room coupon for daily visits to the Rainforest room.

We stopped at the Cove bar for a drink and then went back to our respective rooms. I had my Belvedere Martini with a twist of lemon since they didn’t have cocktail onions.

z18FC0825ED33.jpg

Jill had a Bon Voyage which was a mix of a Pina Colada and a Strawberry Daiquiri. She gave it a solid “meh”.

z18FC0825ED34.jpg

Upon arriving back at the cabin, two of my suitcases had been delivered. When I packed at home I had intended for two of the four suitcases to be opened at WDW and the other two were only to be opened on the cruise. It was the latter two that had arrived outside the door. This was actually good because these two suitcases had all the clothes that I wanted to send out for pressing. I started to unpack, but found that we didn't have a bag for sending clothes to the laundry. By the time I got around to realizing this it was time for the muster drill.

The procedure for the drill was a mess and half the families in our area talked so loud while they were going over the safety procedures we couldn't even hear what was being said. Good thing this was our 10th time doing this!

As always they let Fran go early and I ran to the elevator to get us out of there before everyone else descended upon it.

Next up: Sailaway party, on Jill's Verandah!

Last edited:
Sounds like you are making progress with getting rid of stuff and getting the apartment ready to rent!

Shockingly, Alison and Fran were up before I was!!!! Of course, I came back from MNSSHP a couple of hours after they did. :) We rented a van from Mears and he was right on time. Luckily, it was just the 3 of us because we took up all the space with luggage and the scooter! It was a very uneventful drive to the port and the first glimpse of the Fantasy was amazing!

Jill in CO

:faint: No verandah? I'm glad you had a window!!

Cute pictures ladies. Thank you for bringing a much less bloated version of myself. :lmao:

Lunch looks divine. Nothing better than a Disney Sundae on a Disney Cruise.

Room pics @jedijill :hyper:

We'll make a dent in the paint on Saturday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter