A Most Epic Fantasy DISmeet Cruise-The bitter end 3/21, Bonus Feature, Completed Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 6/20

My Dad is always coming up with new ways to have his coffee, last time I was up he had just started to use the French Press, now he hand grinds his beans. It does make for a pretty good cup of coffee!
If he loves coffee, consider getting him a roaster. I bought DH one on a lark a few years ago, thinking he would use it a few months then relegate it to the basement. He’s on his second roaster and has been roasting his own beans over 10years. He buys green coffee beans online and has them shipped to us.
And I had made up some bacon wrapped dates that we enjoyed before our lasagne.
One of my most favorite foods ever. And I made a similar baked French toast for Christmas breakfast.

We both did, and we bit the bullet and got them the other day. After the next update I plan on setting it up.

YAY!!! But $$$

I'm not sure that they are even now. There were a lot of empty stores in there.

Yikes. :(

They let me taste it before trying. It was kind of like a very grapey juice, pretty sweet.

Very interesting! I'd never heard of it.

Well a couple weeks ago we decided to start selling all of our breakable Christmas ornaments on eBay. We haven't been able to have a tree for many years because of the cats (they chew on the fake branches and they would break any ornaments that aren't plush). They have been selling like hot cakes. Plus we are selling Christmas music from our old sheet music store, and because we are also selling it at bargain basement prices, I've been a shipping machine! I've been packing up at least 8-10 items every day. Then when you take into account we went to see two evening shows, a Christmas party and the Poppins move at the studio, well that also cut into my DIS time! Hopefully I can stay caught up for now!

You have been busy!! Lots of both business AND fun stuff in there.

Oh yeah, not to mention we watched an Opera composed by a 12 year old (on DVD), both Wreck it Ralph movies and tomorrow Poppins again.

Was it by that English music prodigy girl? I have read about her and if it's the same one, she is mind-blowing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma_Deutscher

Wasn't Poppins simply delightful?!

It was all very good, tonight is Beef Stroganoff from the leftover prime rib.

Hmm, this gives me an idea for.... right now! I have some left over meat and might make some stroganoff!

Well, my parents are rather stuck in their routines, so during the day they are usually doing their own solitary things. Thus giving me time to catch up here! :thumbsup2

YAY!!!

Sooooo much delicious food you posted, Girlie! WHOA!!!

Dinner at Palo looked amazing as usual and I had to chuckle at the "You'll be out in an hour" comment. I don't even get out of an Applebees in an hour. :rolleyes2 But glad it worked out! Maybe someday, I'll get to go on a cruise and try that soufle you always rave about...

You had quite a lot of deliciousness over Christmas! So much cooking! The masala looked especially yummy. :goodvibes I would actually LOVE the recipe for the blueberry french toast casserole dish. MMM!

All the food is making me hungry! Great update and good pics from your parents! How much longer are you staying?

Was there meat in the blueberry french toast casserole? It looked like ham but could have been the lighting? It looks delicious! I would like the recipe ti give to Chloe. Please. :flower3:

Your Palo meal looks wonderful! Sorry Fran wasn’t feeling well and had to miss out on that wonderful meal. Watching the fireworks without the crowds is lovely. There is no way a group of 6 could be out in an hour!

At this point in the cruise it was still a mystery as to why she was feeling so ill, but eventually we learned that it was one of the side effects of her new drugs, but I'll have more on that later.

Is that a chorus of angels I hear???

It must be!

Darn. One less reason to come down...

:rotfl2: Sorry! No public nudity here!

I miss lots on facebook. I'm okay with that.

I am too, but I still check it out often.

One does not normally see a skunk at first... :rolleyes:

Well we see them often enough, I don't actually smell them much in my neighborhood in fact

Closest we get is when icicles fall onto cars.

So what does that sound like? :confused3

I'll eat it... especially dipped in chocolate or something. But... prefer real ice cream any day.

Yeah, I'll occasionally get a cone at McD's when nothing else is available, but....

I didn't believe you. I had scrolled up from my last comment and... it looked like one update, not two.

So do you believe me now?

:( Sorry to hear that.

At this point it was a total mystery as to what was going on, but we learned later that her meds that she was prescribed in July slow your digestion and thus cause you to eat less. Because she was eating at a normal cruise pace, she was feeling really sick from too much food. Now she eats like a bird, but the good result is that she has lost a ton of weight. And in actuality that was the goal of her going on the medicine.

That looks good! I looked up the ingredients and... I'd definitely try that. :)

I can't remember what was in it, but I knew that I liked it from the Martini tasting class.

Oh dear. Did you know him over? Or did you bounce off him?

I bounced him back against the wall. Did you ever see the movie Peter Rabbit? Kind of like the people bounced against the walls from the electrified door knob.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I get that from time to time and it is not a lot of fun.

Well now that we know what was causing it, she can more easily avoid it. However when we go on another vacation, she is going to taper off the drug so that she can enjoy herself and eat.

:sad2:
Oh brother. That'd be the day that I'd say anything about that. If they're not old enough to stay up past 10pm... then too bad. Maybe next time. Or... let them stay up for once. Sheesh.

That's how I see it, but there is a reason that I'm not a parent. :rolleyes1

Maybe she's a realllly fast eater!

Even the kitchen can't necessarily turn the food out that fast!

But... I thought you'd miss the fireworks still, so wouldn't help you...

Oh no, Diogo was definitely going to "hook us up".

Huh! Not something I'd order (spinach and I… well, I'd be where Fran was that night) but it sure sounds good.

But would you have tried the ones I had the other night which were not made with spinach?

Which is... awesome. A nice meal with fireworks in the middle? Are you kidding me? It doesn't get much nicer than that!

Pretty much! :teeth:

Mmmm… been a long time since I've had it... and I love it.

You know, me too. I think I will make some when we get home.

But you gotta try, right? :)

Totally!

:eek: That looks nothing like mine! Yours looks much better!
Hmmm... I don't think my chicken was breaded... which would make a massive difference.... May have to do this again. Dang it looks delicious.

Here is my recipe that I made that night. It was for four and had plenty of leftovers.

2 halves boneless chicken breasts pounded thin and trimmed into medallions
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp ground thyme
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbl butter
1 tbl oil
1/2 cup shallots chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 lb mushrooms sliced
3/4 cup Marsala Wine
2 cups beef broth

In a shallow dish beat the egg. In another similar dish mix flour, thyme and pepper.

Dredge chicken medallions in flour, then egg and then back in the flour. Melt oil and butter over medium heat, and add chicken making sure not to crowd the pan. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Do not discard pan juices.

Add shallots and garlic and saute 3-4 minutes until tender. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in Marsala and Beef Broth and return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil and simmer until liquid reduces by one third. Serve immediately.

While I don't drink it, myself, I appreciate the artistry and skill that is required for an excellent cuppa.

The coffee comes out really good, but I do not have the time to deal with that much work. My Keurig is just fine for me.

Your lasagna looks so gooood. You put more sauce on top! I always have cheese as the top layer. I like the way you do it.

Actually I don't normally do that, but Mom thawed some of her sauce to make this and we had leftover. It worked out good, cause this first one got a little overdone, so the sauce made it not so dry.

Who made the Yorkshire pudding?

I did! :teeth:

mmmm… love almost anything with lemon...

I'm a big fan of lemon stuff too.

How was it?

It was Okay. It had it's "laugh out loud" moments, and there was a lot of clever stuff going on, but it didn't have that factor that made me end up crying and being invested in the character.

Huh! Never heard of that. Interesting. I'd try that for sure.

That one is really easy.

Bacon
Dates (pits removed)

You need 1 slice of bacon for every three dates. Place bacon on a microwave safe plate and cook for 1 minute on full power. Cut bacon slices into three pieces. Wrap each piece of bacon around the date and secure with toothpicks.

Preheat oven to 425 (not sure what temp in Celsius) and cook for 10-15 minutes. I think it took about 20 minutes for us. Bacon should be crispy. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.

If he loves coffee, consider getting him a roaster. I bought DH one on a lark a few years ago, thinking he would use it a few months then relegate it to the basement. He’s on his second roaster and has been roasting his own beans over 10years. He buys green coffee beans online and has them shipped to us.

Interesting concept....I'm not sure if my Dad would get that into it, but I'll take it into consideration.

One of my most favorite foods ever. And I made a similar baked French toast for Christmas breakfast.

I was surprised that my Mom came up with this one. She's never been big on eggs and stuff, but it came out really good.

YAY!!! But $$$

Yeah, but we really needed them. Our old ones were just so dang slow. And we have until February to come up with the money to pay for them!

Very interesting! I'd never heard of it.

I hadn't either, but I wanted to buy something to support the local economy since we were the first ship back.

You have been busy!! Lots of both business AND fun stuff in there.

Yup. I'm hoping things slow down a little in the New Year.

Was it by that English music prodigy girl? I have read about her and if it's the same one, she is mind-blowing.

Wasn't Poppins simply delightful?!

Yes! We are going in about an hour to see it again!

Yes, that's her. In the DVD she played both violin and piano (not at the same time). During the softer parts of the opera the orchestra cut out and some of the more sensitive dialogue was just accompanied by the piano.

Hmm, this gives me an idea for.... right now! I have some left over meat and might make some stroganoff!

Go for it!

Sooooo much delicious food you posted, Girlie! WHOA!!!

We have been eating up a storm. Tonight is our last night and it's leftover night.

Dinner at Palo looked amazing as usual and I had to chuckle at the "You'll be out in an hour" comment. I don't even get out of an Applebees in an hour. :rolleyes2 But glad it worked out! Maybe someday, I'll get to go on a cruise and try that soufle you always rave about...

I know! Right? :confused3

You had quite a lot of deliciousness over Christmas! So much cooking! The masala looked especially yummy. :goodvibes I would actually LOVE the recipe for the blueberry french toast casserole dish. MMM!

Was there meat in the blueberry french toast casserole? It looked like ham but could have been the lighting? It looks delicious! I would like the recipe ti give to Chloe. Please. :flower3:

Here you go ladies!

Overnight Blueberry French Toast
full-star-2015.svg
full-star-2015.svg
full-star-2015.svg
full-star-2015.svg
half-star-2015.svg

• Prep 15 m
  • Cook 1 h 15 m
  • Ready In 10 h
Ingredients
  • 12 slices day-old bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 12 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1 tablespoon butter
Directions
  1. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange half the bread cubes in the dish, and top with cream cheese cubes. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries over the cream cheese, and top with remaining bread cubes.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and syrup. Pour over the bread cubes. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
  3. Remove the bread cube mixture from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  4. Cover, and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and surface is lightly browned.
  5. In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, cook 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in the remaining 1 cup blueberries. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, until the blueberries burst. Stir in the butter, and pour over the baked French toast
We actually reserved the Blueberry sauce from #5 and poured it over at the table and then as we reheated in the days later.

All the food is making me hungry! Great update and good pics from your parents! How much longer are you staying?

We drive back home tomorrow. It will be good to be back home, even if I won't have my weekend wake up buddy anymore. :(

:rotfl2: Sorry! No public nudity here!

Booooooring!

Well we see them often enough, I don't actually smell them much in my neighborhood in fact

Try hitting one with your car. You'll smell it for a month.

Voice of experience here.

So what does that sound like? :confused3

Like this!
z18FC0828T24.jpg

Yeah, I'll occasionally get a cone at McD's when nothing else is available, but....

Yup

So do you believe me now?

I do!

At this point it was a total mystery as to what was going on, but we learned later that her meds that she was prescribed in July slow your digestion and thus cause you to eat less. Because she was eating at a normal cruise pace, she was feeling really sick from too much food. Now she eats like a bird, but the good result is that she has lost a ton of weight. And in actuality that was the goal of her going on the medicine.

So a lose/win kind of proposition...

I can't remember what was in it, but I knew that I liked it from the Martini tasting class.

40ml Vodka
20ml Chambord liqueur
60ml pressed pineapple juice
Pineapple wedge to serve

I bounced him back against the wall. Did you ever see the movie Peter Rabbit? Kind of like the people bounced against the walls from the electrified door knob.

:lmao:

Well now that we know what was causing it, she can more easily avoid it. However when we go on another vacation, she is going to taper off the drug so that she can enjoy herself and eat.

Not a bad plan. :)
Glad you got it figured out.

That's how I see it, but there is a reason that I'm not a parent. :rolleyes1

Well, I am. And guess what? It's okay for your kids to be disappointed once in a while.
Sheesh.

Oh no, Diogo was definitely going to "hook us up".
::yes::

But would you have tried the ones I had the other night which were not made with spinach?

Absolutely!

Here is my recipe that I made that night. It was for four and had plenty of leftovers.

Thanks! :)

Actually I don't normally do that, but Mom thawed some of her sauce to make this and we had leftover. It worked out good, cause this first one got a little overdone, so the sauce made it not so dry.

Good way to save it. :)

It was Okay. It had it's "laugh out loud" moments, and there was a lot of clever stuff going on, but it didn't have that factor that made me end up crying and being invested in the character.

Hmmm... not exactly a glowing review.

That one is really easy.

And I probably won't make that. I'll wait to try it first.

Bacon
Dates (pits removed)

You need 1 slice of bacon for every three dates. Place bacon on a microwave safe plate and cook for 1 minute on full power. Cut bacon slices into three pieces. Wrap each piece of bacon around the date and secure with toothpicks.

Preheat oven to 425 (not sure what temp in Celsius) and cook for 10-15 minutes. I think it took about 20 minutes for us. Bacon should be crispy. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Hmm. A little stingy on bacon. Lol. I use 1/2 slice for each date. I’ve never microwaved the bacon, just rolled it around the dates then bake. Our local tapas restaurant serves them with a red pepper sauce that is divine. Yumm

Looks like you had a yummy Christmas. It's almost time for me to make lasagna for NYE.

Finally all caught up again. I blame the lack of reading and comments on the fact that we have had MASSES of exams in the time from November until we started our Christmas holiday.

And let me add that I just LOVED to see all your holiday yummies!

Yeah, but we really needed them. Our old ones were just so dang slow. And we have until February to come up with the money to pay for them!

Oh I get that. And I am in the same boat with some bedroom furniture I recently bought.

I hadn't either, but I wanted to buy something to support the local economy since we were the first ship back.

I love that mindset. ::yes::

Yup. I'm hoping things slow down a little in the New Year.

Heh, me too. We shall see.....

Yes! We are going in about an hour to see it again!

I'd see again in a flash. But no time anytime soon.

Yes, that's her. In the DVD she played both violin and piano (not at the same time). During the softer parts of the opera the orchestra cut out and some of the more sensitive dialogue was just accompanied by the piano.

Isn't she incredible?!

Go for it!

I did!

We have been eating up a storm. Tonight is our last night and it's leftover night.

Mmm! Leftovers!

Here you go ladies!

Thanks!!! Sounds like a good one for a brunch with a crowd.

We actually reserved the Blueberry sauce from #5 and poured it over at the table and then as we reheated in the days later.

I like this idea. I'm not sure I'd have thought of that, but see the wisdom in it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Fran!

Thank you for posting the recipes for the Chicken Marsala and Blueberry French Toast Casserole. Those both looked amazing, I would love to make them for my family. We are not big fan of blueberries, do you think I could use strawberries instead?

What a lovely sight - mmmm bubbles tonight!

This looks great- mmm peppers

“No, besides with a 6PM reservation you'll be out by 7:15 and will have plenty of time to see them.”

Like what the ??? where would you ever be out in an hour and 15? Olive Garden maybe

I love gnocchi but not a blue cheese person, but they look delish.

Maria's (foodie daughter) fav again!

I think I would have to have both...this one first, then the chocolate.

Going to give this a try in the coming weeks

Mmmm look at the yummy sauce on top- Dorian especially would love that.

Your PR looks spot on...made or bought horseradish? We make it, my friend added a little beet to her last batch- yum!

Overnight Blueberry French Toast
full-star-2015.svg
full-star-2015.svg
full-star-2015.svg
full-star-2015.svg
half-star-2015.svg

I'm going to give this a go I think before my sister goes home.

I was sorry to hear how poorly Fran was feeling, but I'm glad to read that you did indeed figure it out.

Your Palo dinner has me drooling. It all looks so delicious! I can't wait to have it in a few days. I hope the fireworks are back to 10pm for our cruise. I booked our Palo dinner on pirate night at 6pm too. From what I've read there are mixed reviews of when it is so I'll just have to wait and see

When I went back down to help Fran get dressed, she had decided not to go to dinner. She was having serious indigestion and stomach cramps. The idea of eating food scared her to death.

Poor Fran. I hope she rallied later.

Karin went up to Palo to see if they could move our reservation so we could see the fireworks, and they told her, “No, besides with a 6PM reservation you'll be out by 7:15 and will have plenty of time to see them.”

We spent three hours at brunch two days before. How could she be so naive to think that we would be done with dinner in around an hour?

That seems odd. You'd think they would have a handle on this.

I think it was at this time that they let us go out on the balcony to watch the fireworks. We had a great view and didn’t have to fight the crowds or anything.

Thank goodness.

I slept rather soundly that night.

I would hope so! :laughing:

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

I hope you did, too! Happy new year!

Booooooring!

But I won't get in trouble with the Mods! :upsidedow

Try hitting one with your car. You'll smell it for a month.

Voice of experience here.

I'll take your word for it!

Like this!

:laughing:

So a lose/win kind of proposition...

Pretty much....

40ml Vodka
20ml Chambord liqueur
60ml pressed pineapple juice
Pineapple wedge to serve

No wonder I thought that I would like to have it again.

Not a bad plan. :)
Glad you got it figured out.

Me too, we need to talk to our Dr. in a couple weeks to figure out how to ramp it down.

Well, I am. And guess what? It's okay for your kids to be disappointed once in a while.
Sheesh.

I'm OK with that, but parents today seem to thin their kids should have everything handed to them on a platter, one that the parents don't have to serve.

Absolutely!

I'm thinking of actually learning to make them now that I know how much I like them.

Good way to save it. :)

Worked out pretty well.

Hmmm... not exactly a glowing review.

I could see waiting until it's on Netflix or something, it was amusing, but not "OMG go see it" amusing.

And I probably won't make that. I'll wait to try it first.

It's the kind of thing that you have at potluck suppers. There's where I had it the most.

Hmm. A little stingy on bacon. Lol. I use 1/2 slice for each date. I’ve never microwaved the bacon, just rolled it around the dates then bake. Our local tapas restaurant serves them with a red pepper sauce that is divine. Yumm

These were pretty small dates, but perhaps I would use half a strip if the bacon were short.

We used to make those at Legend's in Long Beach. We made it into a shot and called it a shoreberry.

Huh. The things you learn.

I know friend, so sad. :(

They still haven't released the cause of death. I wonder if it was Fentanyl. Last weekend it was so sad. Today was better, but there were still a lot of tears both on and off screen.

I think I need to hang out with you guys again.

::yes:: Yes. Yes you do!

Looks like you had a yummy Christmas. It's almost time for me to make lasagna for NYE.

How was your NYE party?

Finally all caught up again. I blame the lack of reading and comments on the fact that we have had MASSES of exams in the time from November until we started our Christmas holiday.

And let me add that I just LOVED to see all your holiday yummies!

Well I hope you get a little break when you go back, and a break from the snow.

Oh I get that. And I am in the same boat with some bedroom furniture I recently bought.

I just love pushing the payment date as far in the future as I can!

I love that mindset. ::yes::

You gotta help others, not just yourself!

Heh, me too. We shall see.....

Based on a recent post on your thread, I'm seeing that you're not finding that to come to pass.

I'd see again in a flash. But no time anytime soon.

I'm good with it now. There are other movies I want to see now.

Isn't she incredible?!

Yes, she is pretty amazing.

Thanks!!! Sounds like a good one for a brunch with a crowd.

I think that's where my Mom had it, something with her Iris, Mum, or birding groups.

I like this idea. I'm not sure I'd have thought of that, but see the wisdom in it.

The dish was so full, we were afraid that it would have spilled over.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Fran!

Thank you for posting the recipes for the Chicken Marsala and Blueberry French Toast Casserole. Those both looked amazing, I would love to make them for my family. We are not big fan of blueberries, do you think I could use strawberries instead?

Thank you! I hope you are having a Happy New Year! I'm not sure that strawberries would work, they don't cook as well, but maybe raspberries or blackberries.

What a lovely sight - mmmm bubbles tonight!

I hope you had a Happy New Year, we ate Homemade Clam Chowder and went to bed early.

This looks great- mmm peppers

You can have mine! :laughing:

Like what the ??? where would you ever be out in an hour and 15? Olive Garden maybe

Maybe.

I love gnocchi but not a blue cheese person, but they look delish.

I love Blue Cheese.

Maria's (foodie daughter) fav again!

I need to make this for dinner soon.

I think I would have to have both...this one first, then the chocolate.

That's also a solid plan!

Going to give this a try in the coming weeks

Tell me how it goes for you.

Mmmm look at the yummy sauce on top- Dorian especially would love that.

We took the last of it home and had it for dinner, the night after we got home.

Your PR looks spot on...made or bought horseradish? We make it, my friend added a little beet to her last batch- yum!

No, we buy it. I don't care for beets, so I like mine plain.

I'm going to give this a go I think before my sister goes home.

Did you end up making it?

I was sorry to hear how poorly Fran was feeling, but I'm glad to read that you did indeed figure it out.

Yeah as long as we keep her portions small, she does OK.

Your Palo dinner has me drooling. It all looks so delicious! I can't wait to have it in a few days. I hope the fireworks are back to 10pm for our cruise. I booked our Palo dinner on pirate night at 6pm too. From what I've read there are mixed reviews of when it is so I'll just have to wait and see

I hope they put them back at 10PM

Poor Fran. I hope she rallied later.

Probably as well as Drew took to the coasters in your trip, if I'm reading your cryptic messages correctly. :rolleyes2

That seems odd. You'd think they would have a handle on this.

Who knows? Maybe some people go in there and order one entree and leave. As you saw we ordered like five or more things each!

I would hope so! :laughing:

Nothing like good food and drink to put you to sleep.

I hope you did, too! Happy new year!

Happy New Year to you as well!

Happy New Year's to you and Fran, Alison. Hope you two are well. :) :hug:

Thanks! Happy New Year to you too! We are hanging in there!

Day 7 - Wednesday - Port of St. Thomas

Today’s Navigators

z18FC0829ST01.jpg

z18FC0829ST02.jpg

z18FC0829ST03.jpg

z18FC0829ST04.jpg

z18FC0829ST05.jpg

z18FC0829ST06.jpg

I had decided to go to the Rainforest Room later in the day since I was hoping most people would be off the ship on excursions. I asked Fran what she wanted to do for breakfast and she was unsure what her stomach could handle. She asked me to go up to buffet and get another blueberry muffin like she had yesterday, she also wanted some fruit. I got a pack of Special K for me and we ate pre-breakfast.

z18FC0829ST07.jpg

I took a few snaps out my porthole of the port area as we pulled into the port.

z18FC0829ST08.jpg

z18FC0829ST09.jpg

z18FC0829ST10.jpg

Since she had no ill effects from the pre breakfast, she decided we could go down to the sit down breakfast restaurant. First we went to the Cove Cafe to get an Americano for me. Then we headed down to Royal Court for breakfast.

We got there around 8:15 and were seated near a family with screaming children who were running around the restaurant. I was about to ask to be moved when they announced to the children they were leaving. I passed on the pastries and just ordered some V8 and the Eggs Benedict.

z18FC0829ST12.jpg

Fran got the Express.

z18FC0829ST11.jpg

More families were seated near us, but for the most part their children were model citizens. One boy was playing cards with his grandmother and the two seated behind us were fascinated with the window washers and busy planning their day.

We considered going to see The Incredibles 2, but Fran was a little afraid to be that far from a bathroom for that long a period of time, so we decided to go back to the room. I started a couple loads of laundry, and then I put Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on the TV. Flat Jenny helped me with the laundry.

z18FC0829ST13.jpg

I worked on documenting my TR as I watched the movie. I was behind in writing notes the whole trip, I started writing it while we were on the way to the port in the hired van. But I only got as far as lunch on the first day at WDW.

It wasn't until we were well at sea before I started to catch up again and I hadn't set my Google doc of the TR to be available offline. We were still having trouble getting online when I started to pick back up on the TR. I was waiting in line for Donald on the second day of the cruise and I discovered Samsung Notes. I ended up using that app until we got back online and I could copy my Notes into my Docs. Throughout the cruise I was always anywhere between 24 to 48 hours behind on my documenting. I can tell I'm getting old because I started forgetting what I did two days ago!

But back to day 7 of the trip or Wednesday, the cruise app was really cool and helpful. Because you pay for your laundry with your KTTW, the app sends you a text when your laundry is finished in the washer and then again in the dryer, so I was finished with my laundry in no time!

We had Remy dinner that night and there was no way I was going to spoil my appetite for dinner, but I did need something in my stomach. So a little after noon we went down to Royal Court for lunch. I had looked at the menu after breakfast and seen something that struck my fancy.

z18FC0829ST14.jpg

We both started off with the Clam Chowder. It wasn't fabulous, but we both ate it all, so it wasn’t bad. The Clam Chowder that we made for NYE was much creamier and had pork belly, and that’s like bacon on steroids.

z18FC0829ST15.jpg

Flat Jenny enjoyed lunch with us too.

z18FC0829ST16.jpg

Fran got a salad with chicken breast topped with balsamic dressing. It was a huge serving so I had her put some of the salad on a bread plate for me to share.

z18FC0829ST18.jpg

I got the Merguez sausage with onions and gravy. I'm not sure what the puree underneath it was but it tasted like potato with onions in it. The portion size was just perfect.

z18FC0829ST17.jpg

Then we got dessert, she had the chocolate sundae and even though she was feeling icky, polished it off.

z18FC0829ST19.jpg

I got the lemon meringue pie, it was good too.

z18FC0829ST20.jpg

And flat Jenny enjoyed dessert with us.

z18FC0829ST21.jpg

One of our servers from the MDR was working in Royal Court, he stopped by to say “hello” and he offered to take our picture.

z18FC0829ST22.jpg

Then we went back to the room. I finished GotG Vol 2 and then headed up to the Rainforest room. Pam and her Mom were there again today and it was very busy. There were two women in one of the hot tubs, but the other one was empty, too bad it wasn't very hot. When the two women got out of the other hot tub, I switched tubs and the second one was much better. I was enjoying my time in the hot tub, until this stupid pirate boat in the harbor started setting off it's cannons, startling the heck out of me. After about the sixth canon, I decided that this was no longer relaxing and got out of the hot tub to go get changed.

When I got back to the room, I started Moana and relaxed for an hour or so. I love the movies on demand and that concept is really starting to grow on me over the constant loop like they have in the Wonder.

I think I’ll leave this off here and pick it back up with Dinner at Remy. Oh and I've been busy, so don't bother looking for "where's Jenny?" in this update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!