A meals question for a friend

RoseBug

<font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own
My friends husband has a nut allergy, I found a list of all the restaurants he can eat at etc. and she said they were just going to book meals when they got there, on the days, or just walk up.

I said in August it would be better to book in advance, especially as they are limited choice wise because of his allergy. And then they can change etc. if they wanted to whilst there.

Would you agree that it is best to book before they went, she didn't think it would be necessary. I worry sometimes its just me being so ocd!

xxx:thumbsup2

I don't know about booking as it's not something I'd do as I hate having to choose what I'm eating and when ages in advance ;) but I'd be phoning up and checking if the restaurants are open

I'm intrigued that you've found a list as I know they aren't up to much special diet wise and nuts or traces of them will be in most foods/kitchens :confused3

I don't know about booking as it's not something I'd do as I hate having to choose what I'm eating and when ages in advance ;) but I'd be phoning up and checking if the restaurants are open

I'm intrigued that you've found a list as I know they aren't up to much special diet wise and nuts or traces of them will be in most foods/kitchens :confused3

I found this: http://visit.disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN/Neutral/Images/food_allergies_uk.pdf

I am also going to ring for her and check, as not sure how up to date this is? I told her it may just be best to book a place for each day, as a back up iykwim? And then she can cancel/change if she can/want to when she is there, without worrying that they wouldn't get somewhere.

Although looking at it more closely it looks like microwavable crap and not sure I'd want to eat it. But he has a very severe allergy and she really stresses about it!

It looks reasonably up to date as it mentions the character tea party at Cowboy cookout and thats not been there that long has it

It also looks as though its specially prepared meals brought in from elsewhere looking at the containers so possibly not very appetising

It looks reasonably up to date as it mentions the character tea party at Cowboy cookout and thats not been there that long has it

It also looks as though its specially prepared meals brought in from elsewhere looking at the containers so possibly not very appetising

That's what I am thinking now, after actually looking closely. Will ring them and ask for more details for her!

Although looking at it more closely it looks like microwavable crap and not sure I'd want to eat it. But he has a very severe allergy and she really stresses about it!

That's my understanding too :sad2: but I guess it's far better to be safe than sorry. Eating out is one of my biggest pleasures on holiday and I really feel for anyone who can't enjoy it in the same way.

I don't think it's necessary for them to book in advance unless they've set their heart on a certain restaurant for a set day. I only do it because to me that's part of the fun. ;) I'd suggest they do book once they're there though as otherwise they might find they've got quite a long wait as a walk-up but IMO they'll be fine to leave it to the morning of the day they want to eat.

I have a son with a severe nut allergy. Although we do note it on ADRs, we no longer alert CS places. Disney used to ask us to fill out a form and tell them where we would be at each meal, but hey have sinced changed. Now, wherever we go we always start by saying we have an allergy, which is always followed by a manager being called to help us pick our selections.

In true Disney fashion, they are, at least, one step ahead. So your friends plan should be OK.

It is the one place we do not have to worry about our allergies. (I wish, but you know what I mean.)

I have a son with a severe nut allergy. Although we do note it on ADRs, we no longer alert CS places. Disney used to ask us to fill out a form and tell them where we would be at each meal, but hey have sinced changed. Now, wherever we go we always start by saying we have an allergy, which is always followed by a manager being called to help us pick our selections.

In true Disney fashion, they are, at least, one step ahead. So your friends plan should be OK.

It is the one place we do not have to worry about our allergies. (I wish, but you know what I mean.)

Are you referring to the American parks though?The OP was asking about DLP where things are different

The meals don't seem very inspiring but at least the peace of mind is there. If its not already there it would be a good idea to add this to the useful info sticky

They are dreadful with food allergies in France (and DLRP is no exception). The food you mention Rosebug is microwaved ready meals which believe me, are totally horrible :sad2:. DD1 had one the first time we went and I said never again. Fortunately she had an intolerance so it was easier to manage (and now we have moved on sooo much from years ago, it's great!).

For a nut allergy quite honestly he is going to have to stick to these meals whether he likes it or not - or risk a reaction. France do not consider cross contamination like we do and this will happen all the time in the kitchens.

Warn them that they also serve them in the cardboard containers they cook them in - I guess again, in case of contamination although it is a bit overkill if a plate etc is clean! Not great when others dining with you have food served nicely on a plate!

I have several friends who have nut allergies and some take it more seriously than others - honestly! (I hate being out with them in a restaurant when they don't inform the kitchen they have an allergy - gets my heart pounding :lmao:). One of them just has to be next to someone with nuts - like the next table and she will start! :rolleyes:

At the very least your friend should write the allergy down on a slip of card (in French) so that they can alert the waiter/ress when they order in case they don't speak English proficiently enough. I do think they'll be steered to the 'cardboard' food though....

Hopefully they'll still have a great time (and stay allergic reaction free!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter