A Magical Anniversary in the WILDERNESS *Pixie Dust Everywhere* Completed 11/19 New TR Link

You really made the most of your Hollywood Studios day. I'm such a purse person and I love seeing all your purses. So cute! :thumbsup2

TSL is hot! Yikes I was surprised how little shade there was. I loved your Bo-peep dis bound outfit and your purse is so cute!

The dinner looks really delicious, glad you enjoyed it!

Narcoose's looked delicious! And I love how you did an outfit change before Hollywood Studios, super cute ears! Your trip updates are great, making me very excited for my November trip!

By the time we made it to the bridge into France the rain had pretty much subsided and there was an amazing rainbow over the lagoon so we stopped to get some pictures.

Beautiful :love:

We both loved the ride and I actually liked it better than Mine Train. I think they are the same length of time but this feels like it has more ride time for some reason.

This seems to be the consensus. I'm glad because I don't LOVE 7DMT. I can't wait to ride SDD…we leave in 24 days :cool1:

But first we stopped for some photo with the Popsicle wall.

After this ride we took some pictures with the Checkers wall because I wanted to get pictures of my purse I decorated for Toy Story Land.

Cute! Are these new walls? I'll have to remember this for when my DD is with me next April :goodvibes

You really made the most of your Hollywood Studios day. I'm such a purse person and I love seeing all your purses. So cute! :thumbsup2

We really did! I'm so happy we made it back to HS because TSL at night was so fun!

And thanks!! I love purses too! I feel like it's a fun way to add more to your outfit! I really wanted to make a purse for Toy Story Land and loved how it came out!

So much pixie dust!! Great trip report!

Thank you!

TSL is hot! Yikes I was surprised how little shade there was. I loved your Bo-peep dis bound outfit and your purse is so cute!

The dinner looks really delicious, glad you enjoyed it!

It really is! Hopefully someday they will add something to fix that someday! Like can Andy's backyard have some overgrown weeds?? :rotfl:And thank you!!

Narcooses was really good! I can't believe how amazing the lobster was!

This seems to be the consensus. I'm glad because I don't LOVE 7DMT. I can't wait to ride SDD…we leave in 24 days :cool1:

Cute! Are these new walls? I'll have to remember this for when my DD is with me next April :goodvibes

Yeah I found SDD to be more fun than SDMT. SDMT is fun but I just really loved SDD!

And yes! They are both walls on the new walk out of Toy Story Mania! But you can get to them without going on the ride too. Disney didn't give us shade but they did give us new Instagram walls! :rotfl2:

I agree about the line cutting! I am not sure how so many people get away with it!!!

Sounds like an awesome dinner!!

Looks like you made the right decision heading to HS for some Toy STory fun! I love the shirt you're wearing, I actually have my eye on a similar one for my upcoming trip!!

I agree about the line cutting! I am not sure how so many people get away with it!!!

I feel like they always do it when CMs aren't really in the area and no one else wants to be the family who gets into a fight in Disney haha. I always give credit to those who block them up for a minute and don't just let them blow through the line. Just so frustrating! And we had been in line for like 30 or 40 minutes at the point they came into the line so it was definitely one of those times when you wanted to be like nope! lol

Sounds like an awesome dinner!!

Looks like you made the right decision heading to HS for some Toy STory fun! I love the shirt you're wearing, I actually have my eye on a similar one for my upcoming trip!!

Dinner was amazing! I would definitely recommend Narcooses!

And it was so comfortable! And perfect for Toy Story Land! I would have probably worn it during the day but a tshirt sounded too hot for the day time haha

DAY 6 Part 1

Today was our rest day. I knew that after multiple days in the parks we would need a day to just chill out and not have as much planned. So we started the day by grabbing some breakfast in the club level. I think by the time we made it there breakfast was pretty much over but we made do with what was left out. Dan’s breakfast looked like a child had picked it out :rotfl:He was definitely channeling Buddy the Elf this morning! But hey, it's vacation right??

Thankfully, most of the afternoon was just beautiful out and we could actually use the pool! I was worried that we might end up kind of bored this day with how many storms we’d experienced but it all worked out!

Dan enjoyed some of the WILDERNESS at the hotel

I still can't get over how beautiful WL is. We loved staying here so much!

We started with some lunch at Geyser Point, which I guess you now need to be seated by a hostess to have a table? The last time I was there it was seat yourself but I guess that has since changed. There seemed to be a lot of people waiting so we just chose to sit at the bar instead rather than waiting for a table. At this point in the trip Dan proclaimed that I was going to be sick of crab cakes if I ordered any more and you know what I did? I ordered the crab cake sandwich for lunch and it was just so good! And no, still not sick of them :rotfl:

[Crab cake count - 4]

Because Dan was convinced we would both be sick of crab cakes if we got them for lunch he choose something else to eat and boy did he regret it haha he had a bite of mine and was so upset with himself for not just ordering it. He liked his, just not as much as mine! :rotfl2:

After lunch we made our way back to the main pool and found some loungers to sit on.

At some point they brought the activities out and the music was super loud so we moved over to the Boulder Ridge pool which was much quieter today. So if you factor in the activities at the pool I can see why the Boulder Ridge pool would be considered the quieter pool! But I did enjoy partaking in the trivia from the pool. On our way over to the Boulder Ridge pool I decided I needed a drink and grabbed a strawberry daiquiri along the way :drinking1

We had a great time at the pool and it was so relaxing to be able to enjoy the pool and hang out. We definitely needed the time to just chill and hang out! Dinner that night was at Artist Point so we didn’t even have to go anywhere to get to dinner except get ready!

Which was so super convenient to just walk downstairs to go to dinner!

I think we had one of the first reservations of the night for Artist Point because the restaurant was so empty. Or knowing now that they are changing it maybe it was always that empty (which is really such a shame because I LOVED this dinner!)

My parents had called us before this dinner and offered to give us $100 to put toward the dinner as an anniversary present which was so nice. Since they were helping us pay for the meal, we started with the oysters and the mushroom bisque and both were so good. (Had we been paying for the meal ourselves we definitely wouldn't have splurged on the oysters but we were so happy to try them!)

Can't forget about the bread!

I wish I remember what white wine I got, it was recommended by our waitress because it was a perfect crisp and sweet white. I loved it!

The oysters were something new for us but we enjoyed them! There wasn't really too much to them but still good. The mushroom bisque however, was just amazing. I hope that in whatever revamp they do of this restaurant this soup still stays. And the salmon. And the filet....lol To be honest I am actually excited if this does get a character breakfast/lunch added with the Snow White characters because I don't think I'll ever wait the two hours at a party to meet them and this would be cool. I just hope the dinner menu keeps some of the favorites. But I guess we'll see!

To eat I got the filet and Dan got the cedar plank salmon along with the mashed potatoes. This was absolutely one of my favorite meals. Everything had such good flavors. I wanted to just keep eating and eating! I also never really like salmon and Dan’s salmon was so good, there was like no fishy flavor. I definitely stole more of it than I should have!

Our waitress was nice enough to take some photos of us outside after dinner.

After dinner we did a quick change in our room for clothes more comfortable for the park, again so nice just to walk upstairs and be able to change! We stopped in the Club for a quick drink before heading out. The planner in me wanted to say no because we could be missing a boat, or be late for a FP but I decided to push that out and just enjoy the drink. These club stops were some of Dans favorite moments so I couldn't say no!

After our quick pit stop it was time to head out to the boat to head over to Magic Kingdom for the evening. Originally I had booked the dessert party for this night but I had cancelled it when I realized we would probably just be too full from dinner and I also wasn’t sure how the new after party would affect the crowd levels in the reserved area. So instead we were going to use our three FPs and then stake out a good spot for the fireworks.

We had pretty great boat luck again because a boat was pulling up as we walked up for Magic Kingdom. (And made me happy that we didn't rush out and skip the club!)

I really enjoyed the boat rides over from Wilderness Lodge. Especially going over the water bridge because every time my Dad would take us to Disney he would say "Did you know we're driving under water right now?" Any time we went that way on our trips:rotfl:

We stopped for some photos on main street on our way in.

We stopped for some photos in front of the Plaza too

And first up was our Buzz Lightyear FP. We were really trying hard to get that Galactic Hero again but we failed. I think when Dan got it the last time he may have ridden by himself or I rode with him and didn’t play. Even though we didn’t get galactic hero we still had fun!

Since we rode Buzz at the end of our FP window it was already time for our Space Mountain FP! We stopped for the Incredibles photo op before we rode.

Space Mountain was fun as always!

As we were walking out of the ride on the temporary exit there was an amazing sunset over the Tomorrowland Speedway.

We decided to do a ride on the people mover before heading over to get a spot for the fireworks. It was a good way for me to show Dan just how many people were already waiting for the fireworks while we were riding. And it was already CRAZY. Granted we were within an hour of the fireworks starting so I should have expected it but it was still shocking. At this point I was thinking I realllly should have kept the dessert party :confused3 Also you never realize how LONG the people mover is until you are itching to get off and find a spot for fireworks!

HEA experience in next post!

Last edited:
Day 6 Part 2

We made it over to Main Street and actually found an empty space in the middle of a bunch of people. We made sure no one was saving it for anyone and then snatched it up! When I cancelled the dessert party I had thought "oh we can get ice cream sundaes from the plaza and find a spot". Well EVERYONE else seemed to have the same idea and the line for Plaza Ice Cream was crazy long :rotfl2: so I left Dan in hopes to just find a cart with ice cream instead. I found one that also had quite a few people in line so I figured I’m here, I’ll just stay. But since I had such a wait I ended up getting drinks, ice creams and a popcorn bucket, c'est la vie!

I had a bit of a panic attack on my way back to Dan because people had filled in the “walkway” areas and I almost couldn’t get back to him. A whole group of people claimed a CM had filled them in but I just don't believe that they would fill in the last remaining bit of walkway, for safety reasons alone. But I did manage to make my way through! I would say, if you have plans to have something to munch on before or during HEA either grab the snacks before finding a spot or just forego them, its not worth maneuvering through all of those people!

In hindsight, I wonder if having club level access would have given us entry into the club level viewing area. We never tried but I do wonder about it! I probably don’t want to know the answer if it’s a yes :rotfl:

Our spot truly was amazing though, and in the end I was happy we could watch the show from right in front of the castle.

I have to admit when HEA first came out I was not a fan. I just couldn’t connect with it and was frustrated when others would say it was so amazing. I think it just took me some time to create some memories with the new show. And watching it while seeing the projections was just so amazing! I will admit I think part of my new love for the show has to do with songs from my wedding being in the show :cloud9: (we walked out of our wedding to You'll be in my Heart and our first dance was to At Last I see the Light).

The mass exodus of everyone from the fireworks was SO crazy. I was surprised Dan stayed as calm as he did because I thought he might get mad that I put us in that situation but we both just remained calm, held hands and I led us through the crowd the best I could. We got to a fence and just decided to wait there for a minute for everything to clear out.

We only waited about five minutes and then continued on to fantasyland. The crowds had dissapated enough that it wasn't wall to wall people and our FPs would be expiring soon and I wasn’t sure if the crowds would still be hard to get through outside of the main hub.

We made it to Mine Train and the FP line was so long. Apparently the ride had been down for issues and weather for most of the day so everyone who had received an anytime FP and watched the fireworks was in the FP line :rotfl2: but it still moved pretty quickly, better than the posted 3-hour wait! (I’m not sure it was actually that long of a wait but possibly with all of the FPs it might have been)

Untitled by Cloe LeGault, on Flickr

We did get stuck for a minute right at the end of the ride and Dan was about ready to fall asleep!

We considered riding Buzz one more time but decided to just head out after Mine Train. When we were outside of the Magic Kingdom we were so grateful to not be taking the ferry or monorail because the lines were SO long. We had great boat luck again and our boat to the Wilderness Lodge was waiting for us, ready to take off. We even got to see the water pageant on our ride back!

It was a perfect rest day with just a sprinkle of Magic Kingdom. Where to tomorrow?!

Miles walked: 4.1

Last edited:
While in line for Star Tours I was able to book another FP for Toy Story Mania but it was about an hour and a half out so we decided to check out to Baseline Taphouse to grab a drink and a snack to see if we could move up the FP or just wait it out. We had never been to Baseline Taphouse and we really loved it! I can see it being a must-do in HS from now on!

At this point during the trip Dan started helping me refresh the FPs which worked out well because he has an Android phone and I have an Apple and they definitely display different results. So we were able to move the Toy Story Mania FP from 5:20 to 3:05 which gave us time to still enjoy our snack and then head over to the ride. I got the California Sunset (delish!) and the cheese plate and Dan got a flight of beers. Everything here was so tasty and so affordable! We really enjoyed our time here. I think it had also started sprinkling while we were in there so it was a good time to take a break!

This is on my list to do for our adults only trip!

At some point they brought the activities out and the music was super loud so we moved over to the Boulder Ridge pool which was much quieter today. So if you factor in the activities at the pool I can see why the Boulder Ridge pool would be considered the quieter pool! But I did enjoy partaking in the trivia from the pool. On our way over to the Boulder Ridge pool I decided I needed a drink and grabbed a strawberry daiquiri along the way :drinking1

29978878707_73a029aea5.jpg
I love the shirt and ear combo!

This is on my list to do for our adults only trip!

I love the shirt and ear combo!

Definitely check out Baseline Taphouse! I found the prices to be pretty reasonable too. Like $11 for a flight of beer is comparable to home so we loved it!

And thanks! I make most of my own ears so I like to get some pictures for my instagram while I'm there. Plus this felt like a fun way to do a Minnie Mouse disneybound!

And thanks! I make most of my own ears so I like to get some pictures for my instagram while I'm there. Plus this felt like a fun way to do a Minnie Mouse disneybound!
I am impressed with your ear making abilities! I haven't tried but I am positive mine wouldn't look that good.

I am impressed with your ear making abilities! I haven't tried but I am positive mine wouldn't look that good.

Thank you! I really started because my sister was always making us run around the parks looking for ears to match her outfits that I knew didn't exist (one year she wanted mulan ears :confused3) lol now she just tells me what themes/colors she wants and I do my best to make it happen! Plus I really enjoy making them so its a fun hobby, although DH definitely doesn't appreciate the sequins that end up stuck to his feet! :rotfl2:

I can't get over how amazing your trip was! lol What a great "resort day!" Your meal at AP looks amazing, I'm like drooling over that mushroom bisque! And all of your pictures are beautiful!

What a fun resort day! I would love that mushroom soup, looks so yummy!

Crowds can sure get crazy during the HEA. I’m with you, it has taken some time for me to really like HEA!

Glad you got to use your FP+ on 7DMT, we have found the FP line does move fast!

Loved reading about all your TSL adventures! SDD sounds like a fun ride and I appreciated the comparison/contrast to 7DMT. That definitely gave me a general picture in my head of what to expect.

Relaxing by the pool after several busy days in the parks sounds glorious.

I feel the same way about HEA. I think it's a show that kind of has to grow on you.

I can't get over how amazing your trip was! lol What a great "resort day!" Your meal at AP looks amazing, I'm like drooling over that mushroom bisque! And all of your pictures are beautiful!

It really was a dream trip! When I planned this trip I kinda went with the thinking that this was like a second honeymoon and we definitely did everything we wanted to and more! It will be a trip that is hard to top! The mushroom bisque was SO good. I wasn't sure what to expect but I loved it. And thank you!

What a fun resort day! I would love that mushroom soup, looks so yummy!

Crowds can sure get crazy during the HEA. I’m with you, it has taken some time for me to really like HEA!

Glad you got to use your FP+ on 7DMT, we have found the FP line does move fast!

I was so glad that it didn't storm all day like it had most days. I think the storms rolled in after we went back up to the room so we must have timed it well!

Yeah those crowds are no joke. Definitely glad I purchased the dessert party for my Mom, my sister and I. I think my Mom would have a panic attack in those crowds with all of those people! I'm just hoping we are able to get over to the dessert party after lol

Yeah I was getting worried because we were already close to the end of our window and the FP line was out of the queue quite a bit but I figured they'd hopefully let us through anyway if we passed the grace period too since you can't really foresee that kind of a FP line! lol There was a family in front of us who had tried to hit all of their favorites in the four parks and said that they had been trying to get on SDMT since 4PM with a FP and between storms and the ride just being down 10PM was the first time they were able to get on. So it definitely made sense that the FP line was so long!

Loved reading about all your TSL adventures! SDD sounds like a fun ride and I appreciated the comparison/contrast to 7DMT. That definitely gave me a general picture in my head of what to expect.

Relaxing by the pool after several busy days in the parks sounds glorious.

I feel the same way about HEA. I think it's a show that kind of has to grow on you.

TSL is amazing! Hopefully you'll get to see it soon yourself! I really loved SDD, its just the perfect middle ground between thrilling and fun but not super scary that kids would hate it.

Yeah we definitely needed the rest day! I have a hard time just doing straight park days in a row now, the last time we did it in March my ankles were SO swollen that they hurt. Thankfully they didn't do that this trip!

Yeah I think it was hard because Wishes held SO many memories for me for basically my whole time growing up going to Disney that I just couldn't get on board with HEA right away. This was also the first trip I watched the fireworks from in front of the castle and the projections make a big difference too! I was crying pretty much the whole end of the show and DH actually loved them too! Wishes will always be my number one but HEA is a close second now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter