A Magical Anniversary in the WILDERNESS *Pixie Dust Everywhere* Completed 11/19 New TR Link

Yes! If you like a spa I also suggest Spa del Sol. Awesome massage on the beach.
I enjoyed your trip report.

A coworker of mine just came back and recommended that restaurant to me! I guess I'll have to check it out!

I love a good massage, I'll definitely look into that spa!

Thanks for reading along! :flower:

Love your trip wrap up! Glad to hear your Palo dinner review, I am now glad we didnt end up booking it, though we thought about it. We felt the same way when we got off the cruise, 3 nights is just not enough. We put a place holder deposit down and plan on maybe January 2020 for our next one. Andrew is now a full on Disney convert and wants to go on every Disney cruise ship. We got a magical upgrade at the Grand Floridian last week to CL with a MK view, and I cried. We watched the MVMCP fireworks from our balcony one night. Like you, I dont think the CL prices are worth the extra cash. I have warned Andrew that this is rare to be upgraded (happened on our last two trips), and I am so glad we started at All Star Sports, because going from Club at Yacht Club and GF would be a major let down going the other way lol. Love your flash back photos from POFQ! It is such a cute hotel. Your last "day" was a great way to wrap it up going to DS and then to the resort. Smart to call the lyft and I NEVER thought to log into my ebates to book one! Brilliant!

ifyouneedmei_llbeinmycastletumbler_medium.PNG
- from the internet.

(I just looked to see if these were still available and it looks like they aren't. SO BUMMED I didn't get one then!)
I saw this, Very sparkly! I had it in my hands to buy for myself but decided against it.

Looks the same, the trees are just taller!

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing!

Love your trip wrap up! Glad to hear your Palo dinner review, I am now glad we didnt end up booking it, though we thought about it. We felt the same way when we got off the cruise, 3 nights is just not enough. We put a place holder deposit down and plan on maybe January 2020 for our next one. Andrew is now a full on Disney convert and wants to go on every Disney cruise ship. We got a magical upgrade at the Grand Floridian last week to CL with a MK view, and I cried. We watched the MVMCP fireworks from our balcony one night. Like you, I dont think the CL prices are worth the extra cash. I have warned Andrew that this is rare to be upgraded (happened on our last two trips), and I am so glad we started at All Star Sports, because going from Club at Yacht Club and GF would be a major let down going the other way lol. Love your flash back photos from POFQ! It is such a cute hotel. Your last "day" was a great way to wrap it up going to DS and then to the resort. Smart to call the lyft and I NEVER thought to log into my ebates to book one! Brilliant!

Thank you! Yeah, while the Palo dinner was nice and a great way to end our cruise I don't think we would have been less happy just having the normal dinner rotation. And yeah three nights is just not enough! We looked into booking a placeholder but they didn't really advertise anything other than a $100 on board credit which I felt like we could get from any travel agent so we decided to pass. But I think there were more incentives that were not advertised so I wish we had! I think we will probably do some form of a cruise in 2020 as well...hopefully! It would be cool to see all the different ships. I definitely want to see the Fantasy!

I would have cried to at an upgrade like that! How magical! Yeah, the cost just doesn't seem worth it but it sure is fun when its free! :rotfl: Its so funny you say that you are happy you started out with Andrew at All Star Sports so you could go up and not down and that is exactly what happened for DH and I! Our first trip together we stayed at All Star Sports too and have worked our way up. We call it our Disney Glow Up :rotfl2:Dan feels like we can't buy DVC just yet because our future kids need to experience the values first so they appreciate the amazingness of the deluxe and don't just expect it.

And I'm so happy we went to POFQ! It was definitely a spur of the moment

And yes! I am all about ways to save money and this one could definitely add up! Especially when those pesky buses are being a pain!

Great trip report!

I have a question about bringing beer on board for the cruise or the beer package. How did that work?

DH is a beer drinker and bringing some on board would save us a bunch.

Great trip report, and the cruise sounds amazing! I never thought I'd want to do a Disney cruise, but after reading your report I'm now plotting a way to convince my family we need to do one!

Palo sounds right up my alley. After your TR I would now consider a Disney cruise. I have some of the same concerns you did prior to your trip plus not sure it would be a great adults only cruise, but you've convinced me there are enough adult only areas.
Looking forward to your Oct TR.
Cloe thanks so much for taking the time to write this TR up I really enjoyed it. Your and Dan's touring style is very similiar to mine and my DH's.

I saw this, Very sparkly! I had it in my hands to buy for myself but decided against it.

I definitely wish I picked one up for myself!!

Looks the same, the trees are just taller!

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing!

It certainly felt the same!

Thanks for reading along!!

Great trip report!

I have a question about bringing beer on board for the cruise or the beer package. How did that work?

DH is a beer drinker and bringing some on board would save us a bunch.

So each passenger (I would imagine each passenger over 21) can bring on six beers at each port or two bottles of wine or champagne in your carry on luggage. So we just put all twelve in DH bag and no one said anything to us. If they questioned us we would have just explained he was carrying mine as well. We only brought on beer at Port Canaveral but I imagine it would be just as simple at any of the ports (although I don't recall seeing any beer on Castaway Cay but maybe there was!) And then for the beer package, they sold these on the same deck as Cabanas (there will be several CMs holding drink trays - talk to them) and it was like 12 beers for the price of 10 and a free cooler. They dropped the beers off in our room that night and were available for DH to drink when he felt like except for dinners. If you have any other questions let me know!

Great trip report, and the cruise sounds amazing! I never thought I'd want to do a Disney cruise, but after reading your report I'm now plotting a way to convince my family we need to do one!

You should definitely try it at least once! I was the same way and once I started watching some vlogs I was sold!

Palo sounds right up my alley. After your TR I would now consider a Disney cruise. I have some of the same concerns you did prior to your trip plus not sure it would be a great adults only cruise, but you've convinced me there are enough adult only areas.
Looking forward to your Oct TR.

You should definitely try one at least once! I think you'll be sold!

Cloe thanks so much for taking the time to write this TR up I really enjoyed it. Your and Dan's touring style is very similiar to mine and my DH's.

Thank you for reading along! :flower1:

Got super far behind but I loved your report! Can’t wait to go on my own cruise next year!

Let me know when you are at Disneyland and if you want to meet up! I’ll be at WDW the week before you (in Dec)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter