A lot has changed for the better but

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I have gotten braver I most definitely have my energy back but I don’t have my balance will a cm
hold out their hand and help me in and out of attractions or is that too much liability

I would not count on it either I know when I hurt my foot some CM did hold there hand out for me. I asked her if she was allowed to help guest and she said she was able to offer her arm to help guest out but it was up to the CM on if they wanted to offer a guest their arm.

nope. my spouse has to do that for me. best you can hope for is MAYBE they will act as a hand rail to steady yourself on. they will not push or pull you on /off any ride

I think it depends on the attraction.
For some reason (maybe the number of people moving at the same time) Jungle Cruise always throws off my balance and often a CM will hold out a hand for assistance when I exit.
Then again they are right there holding the boat and I've noticed them helping others as well.
I've seen CM's assist people on and off of moving platforms as well.
I'd say in general when its an attraction that the CM is not between you and the ride vehicle they are not going to maneuver their way around other guests to hold out a hand for assistance in getting on and off.
If you'll be with other people I'd suggest letting them know you'll need a bit of help getting on and off due to being a bit unsteady.

I have gotten braver I most definitely have my energy back but I don’t have my balance will a cm
hold out their hand and help me in and out of attractions or is that too much liability
I also have some balance issues and this last trip I used a folding cane for the first time and I found that helped me a lot getting on and off most rides esp boats ie Small World and Pirates. I was also take around the steps at Splash Mountain. the biggest change for me was going without an ECV and just using my cane something I thought would never happen

It will definitely depend on the attraction (and CM). Jungle Cruise always has a cast member at the exit and will hold out a hand. A lot of the attractions don't have a dedicated CM right at the exit though. From what I remember, rides like Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Nemo, etc. have a CM walking the moving walkway to direct people out, but aren't really that close to the ride carts themselves. There are a few others where I can't even remember a CM being in the area when exiting - at least not close enough to assist.

There is a liability factor with a CM helping you in and out of a ride. It's unlikely they will help. I'm not going to say this is 100% NO but I just wouldn't count on it.

Besides, the CM could get hurt helping you, too. You may mis-step or whatever and that could cause an imbalance for the CM and then they can get hurt.

Look there's plenty to do without causing yourself to be in harm's way.

You can pay for someone's trip and require them to assist you if it's that important to you.

If you can use a device to help you, as previously suggested then that could be an answer.

I'm not trying to be mean, here. It is what it is.

best you can hope for is MAYBE they will act as a hand rail to steady yourself on. they will not push or pull you on /off any ride

Yes, the CMs at practically every ride were nice enough to hold out their hand or arm so that I could hold onto it if I needed to. Fortunately, I never grasped on hard but it was very nice of them. But no one tried to push or pull, which was better for me. I remember one time, elsewhere, some people thought they were trying to help me by pushing me up stairs and they made it harder. At least their intent was good!

My parents or husband will just have to be with me the entire time and that is not a problem for the most part I just can’t go on the river ride because no one else wants to

Went to the theater had no problem climbing the stairs but it was not moving like the boat would

My parents or husband will just have to be with me the entire time and that is not a problem for the most part I just can’t go on the river ride because no one else wants to

Went to the theater had no problem climbing the stairs but it was not moving like the boat would
are you talking about Kali River? there is a way to get on without using the moving ramp. when I have ridden there was a CM just before the line to boats. I was sent to a different area where they brought a boat and filled it there with no moving and I was brought back to there. I would ask about that

are you talking about Kali River? there is a way to get on without using the moving ramp. when I have ridden there was a CM just before the line to boats. I was sent to a different area where they brought a boat and filled it there with no moving and I was brought back to there. I would ask about that
she is talking about the pandora ride.

no, you have to step down like you have to on POTCB
you still step down into boat but you do not have the moving ramp on or off. I have more trouble getting off POTCB than I do Kali. but with my cane I can do POTCB but it takes me longer to get out and I have never been hurried by CMs. and yes it takes me longer to get my balance and get out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!