• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A long awaited return - Spring Break 2015

I just realized, since we *lose* an hour going east, 10:42 am Central time would be 11:42 am Eastern time. Oops! Maybe not so bad.

So, I decided I should do a little bit more planning research for Universal. I finally found the crowd calendars. Oops. Naturally, we are going on the two very most crowded days of a crowded week. Apparently I should've done Universal first, then WDW. But, I'm not changing everything around now!

Otoh, I found the guide on how to do Harry Potter during very crowded times. Basically, as early as possible, go to one of the big headline rides (Gringotts or Forbidden Journey). Wander around until you feel it is too crowded, then go do other stuff in US/IOA. Then, about 7 pm, go back to do your shopping. Since we have 2 days available, we can do that for each park.

I also realized that all the water rides are at IOA. There are more shows at US. So, we should decided which park to do based on the weather. If it will be pouring, go to US. If it will be a lot hotter, go to IOA. The caveat being maybe if it is 80's one day and 90's another, do US on the extra hot day to stay out of the heat! But, we may want to start at the opposite one than we want to end at, so we can do Hogwart's Express.

Getting closer!!! I did some grocery shopping for snacks for the road trip, which makes it really seem close! I included some beef jerky - I figure I can also stash some in my bag for park days, if we need a quick snack. I also got a small thing of dish soap and All Free and Clear pods for the condo.

Plus, I got Teva sandals for ds. Phew! Last person has appropriate footwear.

I'm not sure if I like being able to preview wait times or not. ;) It's a little disconcerting that at 10:42 (9:42 Florida time), there is already over an hour wait at both Buzz and Space Mountain. :( I keep wondering how early the kids are going to want to get up on our MK day, since of course we will be losing an hour, and it will be our late day. And there's an early EMH (7-8), so even if we get there at RD, there will be people there before us.

When I went last year (first week of March), we ran to Space Mountain as soon as we got to the park (probably about 30 min after RD. We had no wait at SM, just that long walk.. and then went straight to Buzz and waited ~10 minutes. May be slightly busier bc more schools will be on Spring Break when you're there. Curious what you are using your FPs for in MK?

When I went last year (first week of March), we ran to Space Mountain as soon as we got to the park (probably about 30 min after RD. We had no wait at SM, just that long walk.. and then went straight to Buzz and waited ~10 minutes. May be slightly busier bc more schools will be on Spring Break when you're there. Curious what you are using your FPs for in MK?

My FP+ choices are spread out on page 1, lol. For MK:
10:50 Peter Pan
5:15 pm Splash Mountain
10:15 pm 7 Dwarves

I'm not sure how early we'll get there, and I'm also not sure who wants to ride Space Mountain. So, I figured I'd give us some time to make those decisions that morning. ;) Of course, since it's an early EMH and we are off-site, we won't be the first ones in, no matter what. Plus, we want to stay late...

My FP+ choices are spread out on page 1, lol. For MK:
10:50 Peter Pan
5:15 pm Splash Mountain
10:15 pm 7 Dwarves

I'm not sure how early we'll get there, and I'm also not sure who wants to ride Space Mountain. So, I figured I'd give us some time to make those decisions that morning. ;) Of course, since it's an early EMH and we are off-site, we won't be the first ones in, no matter what. Plus, we want to stay late...

Oo sorry should've looked before I asked ! Those look good! Glad you got one for 7 Dwarves! If you are staying late just go on Space Mountain then, if anyone wants to! We rode it like 3 times at the end of the night!

Getting so close! I've been super busy the last couple days, getting a major project out for permit, before leaving town. We got it in this afternoon, then a board meeting, then finally home.

In the morning, I have one meeting, a conference call, then I need to print some maps, itinerary, run a few errands, do a last load of laundry, then pack! Oh, and clean out the car a little. And the house, so it isn't too awful when we get home, although I'm probably kidding myself on that one!

It's been so long, I forgot tkd has 10 more minutes, lol! Time to start the trip report!

So, last day of work was crazy busy, of course. We finally finished packing about 9 pm - way later than I wanted! But we all got in bed for our early morning start. Dh and I gotup at 4, finished packing the car, and got the kids in the car by 4:45. Thankfully, there was no traffic. We got to Indy for breakfast at Waffle House. I had remembered it as better and cheaper, alas. Not our best meal. We had an uneventful drive to Atlanta...thank goodness the kids are now used to road trips...

Btw, one of the highlights of driving south was seeing Spring gradually unfold before our eyes. We started with dead grass and no leaves on trees. By southern Indiana, we started to get hints of green. In Kentucky, we started to see green grass and budding trees. By Tennessee, it started to really look like spring, and we saw our first daffodils. In Georgia, it seemed like everything was in bloom!

Of course, on the way north, we had to see everything in reverse. But at least the grass is starting to be green everywhere, and now we get to enjoy a more gradual unfolding of Spring!

I'm thinking I'm probably going to start fresh with a TR, when I have a chance. I feel like I never quite got into proper Disboards PTR style this time around...

Thanks for moving me to the TR board, but I actually started a TR in a different thread - see link in my siggie...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter