• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Hidden Gem At MGM

CamColt

I forgot to post about this, but I wanted to since I havent read about here on the Dis. At MGM, they have the Radio Disney Studio, where you can go and watch the DJ, BB Good, doing her show. We werent really sure what you do, but we saw it on the park map and since DS wants to be a DJ, we went over to check it out. The assistant came out and got the kids names, and when the song that was playing was over, BB announced that Cameron and Colton from "Woo Woo Woburn" MA, were visiting in WDW. BB then came out herself and gave them each a bag with an autograph, stickers, and some other goodies, plus a tape of her saying hi to them on the air. DS thought it was the greatest thing. :bounce:

Very cool. Is this new? I don't remember seeing this before.

I wasnt sure so I went through some old folders and I found a map from my August, 2002 trip and it was on there. I guess its not too new, but I dont remember noticing it before either.

Thanks so much for posting about this. I tried to do this with my kids last August, but ended up there too late. What day/time were you there?

:cool1: Experience,is the studio by The Drew Carey Sound Show ?Thank's for sharing::yes:: :wave2: :goodvibes :wizard:

Bumping for time to be there. My dd loves Radio Disney, so this would be a treat for her!!!!

Wow that is so cool! My dd loves Radio Disney and would love just seeing the dj. Experiencing all the 'extras' mush have been a wonderful bonus.

Yep, I think BB Good is only there until 4:00 I think during the weekdays. We have stopped by before and she was onair at the time and she waved to the kids, my DD got a bick kick out of it.

When we were in MGM in Jan of 2001 we also got the pakcet of goodies and an on-air greeting. My kids loved it. When I talked with a CRO last week she said Radio Disney was no longer there. Glad to hear they still are, we'll stop by again. Thanks!

Oops, sorry Danny, I missed your question before. Yes its to the left of Sounds Dangerous as you are looking at it,

We heard BB talk about C & C from Woo Woo Wherever!!!! ehehehhe

At Thanksgiving, we wandered over late at night, and everyone was gone, but one person was working in the studio putting things together. We simply waved, but she stopped what she was doing and came outside. She is the producer, and she talked to us for about a half hour. Then she took our names and told us to listen at a certain time after we returned home. Sure enough! BB said that she had missed some of her friends while she was gone and that she wanted to say hi to Annabelle who was here from Gaylord, MI with her mom and dad and mimi.

It was SOOOOO cool. WHat a little thing, and it made us feel so good and was so fun.

My DD is on the Playhouse Disney commercial that is run about 1500 times a day and we get excited each time we see it. I would have to say that BB saying hello to Annabelle after we had already returned home from our trip was just as fun!

Oh Goofy, that is so cool that you heard it! When the other woman(maybe she was the producer), took the kids names, I saw on her timer she had under 4 minutes to get back in the studio to when BB would talk. I whipped out my cell phone and frantically tried to call family at home to turn on the radio, but had no luck. Im glad someone heard it, LOL! BB later told us that she is from MA, so she was familiar with Woburn.

How cool is that about the PHD commercial. Very exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter