A Heaping Helping of Disney with a Side Dish of Drama - June 2013 TR

Our plan for the day - Each person had picked a favorite ride. We were going to ride those four rides and grab a small snack before heading out. We were hoping to be on the road before 5 p.m.

We had no trouble getting into the park and immediately went up to the train station in order to get to DS7's favorite ride - Splash Mountain. How quickly things change!! Remember it was the beginning of this trip that we weren't sure they would even stay in line or ride this one.

Oh yeah, our Limited Time Magic for the week was ......The Citizens of Main Street U.S.A. are celebrating summer with an old-fashioned trolley show.

Somehow this also meant patriotic decorations as well. All we saw were the decorations so here was my Limited TIme Magic.....

Thank you Disney for those added touches. :rotfl: Seriously though why even bother with Limited Time Magic when you don't really have magical things to share?? O.k. back to my trip report....

Remember that beautiful picture of the station from the bottom?

See it? Good!

Well just 10 minutes later it looked like ......

:scared1: :eek: :scared1: :eek:

What a difference 10 minutes could make!!!!

Next stop - Splash Mountain!

You can tell it's a hot day. The line is awful.

DS7 doesn't look happy here because we are trying to decide what to do about the lines. We decided to skip it and come back later! While we were talking, DS7 decides to change his ride to the Barnstormer so we stayed on the train and rode over to New Fantasyland.

I love this queue!

The little details are amazing!

DS7 was talking about poor Goofini.

Pic of a gorgeous flower growing next to the queue.

Great Goofini

C'mon in Mom. It's time to ride.

My boys on the climb to the top

It was so sunny and we were facing up but we tried to take a selfie anyways.

We will definitely fly again soon.

We love this little coaster! However, I would not wait for any longer than about 10-15 minutes for it since the ride itself only lasts about 1 minute! :rotfl:

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Up next - Dad's favorite ride.....

Nope not splash...something else....but before we would get to Dh's favorite ride I ran to pull fastpasses for Splash. I chose this as my favorite ride so that DS7 could ride it one last time.

Yep, DH's favorite ride is Pirates!! It was basically a walk on so I have very few pictures.

After getting out of Pirates, we walked around looking for something that would waste some time until our FPs. The crowds were in full force....

:scared1: :eek: :scared1:

It was HOT!!!! We decided to scratch another first off of our list - Country Bear Jamboree. Hey what can I say - we were desperate for a/c!!!

It was interesting to say the least. Some of their songs are well ummm.....well.......different? lol.... a few times I was like.... :scared1: :rotfl:

We thought Country Bear Jamboree lasted a little longer but it didn't so we still had to find a few things to do.

Shopping!!! We spent a little while inside this little a/c shop.

Then we finally got to get our ride on! YAY!!

Last chance to exit?? NO WAY! We are riding this today!

Cute little story about this ride sorta - We say the blessing before every meal at our house. Most times DS11 leads us. Since our last Disney trip, DS7 adds his part to the end of every prayer. What is his part you may ask? "Lord, help us to have a zippity doo dah day!" I'm sure God understands!

My partner wasn't too wet....but I certainly was.

All smiles now but did he smile the whole ride??

Uhh not really!! :lmao: DS7 is all smiles but DS11 looks like he is about to get beat!

With our riding over, we hopped aboard a train.

Nope I didn't lose count. Yes, we've only ridden three things. DS11's choice wasn't a ride. No, it was a show. If you have followed any of my TR's, you know exactly what he chose! :rotfl:

As we were taking off, we heard the announcer for Splash say that there was bad weather in the area and that Splash may be closed. Bad weather? But it's sunny!! There are few clouds in the sky. Surely he is wrong, right? :rolleyes1

We got off at the next exit because we had one last purchase to make. It was something I had looked at earlier in the week but hadn't purchased yet.

I LOVE the smell of this place!!

I agree completely. I don't talk about Disney too often outside of our family because I don't want to hear those comments. That is why I come here, because you all understand why I love Disney and go so often! We feel like kids, and we feel like we are having luxurious vacation in the DVC villas. We work hard and enjoy our time together as a family away from it all.

My favorite store in all of MK is the Big Top Treats. I love the smell. I love the details. It is the neatest place!

Even the floors are fashioned to look like a tarp laid on the ground.

We looked around for a little while as the boys played around. I just couldn't decide if I really wanted to spend money here or not. (If you haven't noticed, I'm a bit of a tightwad. I don't ever buy anything.)

Nope I was not trying to buy a camel. I just thought he looked neat.

This is what I was debating over. I really really wanted the book but it was $25 I think and that was just too much money for me. After all, I needed to start saving for the next Disney trip. BUT, DH saw how much I really wanted it and he convinced me to buy it. I'm glad he did because it still sits on our living room endtable today.

A peak at the mine train construction on the way to DS11's favorite.

I was hoping it would be soft opening when we were there for Thanksgiving but now it's looking like we will have to wait til next trip to ride it.

DS11's favorite attraction is Laugh Floor. We had to see it one last time before we left. I have to admit that I wasn't really excited about going in again. However, we had a lady in our show that was absolutely hilarious. She was the one whose mind they try to read. First, they had to wake her up. :rolleyes1 Her name was Candy and she was not too happy with him for waking her up. :lmao: We laughed, we cried, we laughed til we cried. She was hilarious. The aliens asked if she could come back to every show. It was the perfect end to our Disney trip.

On our way out we decided to grab lunch at....

This was another first for us. It had begun to rain at this point and was storming outside. It seemed that everyone had found cover inside of Casey's Corner so we ate like this.

with our hotdogs on the pinball machine way back in the corner. The food was good but I wish they had seating.

The rain wasn't letting up so we decided to shop a little while instead of running all the way out in the rain and lightning.

The stores were full of people sitting all over the floors because it was really storming outside. In fact, it was raining so hard that the water was beginning to seep in under the doors of the store.

I LOVE :lovestruc LOVE :lovestruc LOVE this fabric!!

We had entered Casey's right at 4 p.m. After eating and shopping for a little over an hour, we decided to try and run for it. Little did we know that the ramp to the monorail was completely flooded over. A little after 5 p.m. we ran through this....

Those people are in the higher part of it. Back by the yellow trashcan, it was mid shin to knee deep and so hard to keep your sandals on. We ran through this while lightning was still striking not far from here. It was extremely scary and pretty dangerous but once you had run all the way out there you had no other choice.

We did notify the CM's at the monorail of the problem and they looked surprised. One of them ran down and opened a different gate so that the people behind us didn't have to go through all the water.

Our last purchase for this trip was DS11's Monopoly game.

Of course we couldn't forget! While in the Contemporary it stopped raining so we were able to casually walk to our car.

Another trip is over sadly. We had a wonderful time and did many many first's! See ya next time Disney!

I agree completely. I don't talk about Disney too often outside of our family because I don't want to hear those comments. That is why I come here, because you all understand why I love Disney and go so often! We feel like kids, and we feel like we are having luxurious vacation in the DVC villas. We work hard and enjoy our time together as a family away from it all.

Yes, that's why I love the DIS!!! We all understand the magic of Disney!

What a great ending to a fun vacation. The smiles on the boys' faces at Chef Mickey are priceless. Mk looked like a fun day. Who would have imagined all that flooding. I'm glad you had such a great vacation and get to come back real soon.

Bridget, I've had to catch up all the way back to your first DQ attempt (2-3 hr wait to enter, no thanks!) wow that was some experience just getting back to West Side from POR. Disney transportation can be frustrating for sure. But at least you occupied your family playing pool - good back up plan.

I see that you did make it to DQ later. I think we didn't experience any of the good stuff since we did the Jungle Cruise (no fun) and a few games and left since it just didn't seem to interest us.

So many great updates, dodging rain, being able to go on Splash before the weather shut it down, eating dinner at BoG (glad you kept that) and a tour of AoA. I can see where the boys would definitely want to stay there. Cute photos of the boys with the cars area. :)

That was some crazy flooding on the way to the monorail station. Yikes!

How exciting that you only have a month left before your next trip. I know you'll love AKL!

Thank you for sharing your family's experiences for this trip. I agree with your observation that people ask why Disney vacations time after time.... your response was perfect!

Really enjoyed your trip report. My second son has anxiety issues so I understand what you mean...nice to see them let go and enjoy life!

What a great ending to a fun vacation. The smiles on the boys' faces at Chef Mickey are priceless. Mk looked like a fun day. Who would have imagined all that flooding. I'm glad you had such a great vacation and get to come back real soon.

Chef Mickey's was a great experience for them and a wonderful way to end our trip.

The flooding was crazy!!!! I was the only one with sandals on so the boys had soaked shoes and socks. DS7's shorts were even wet.

Bridget, I've had to catch up all the way back to your first DQ attempt (2-3 hr wait to enter, no thanks!) wow that was some experience just getting back to West Side from POR. Disney transportation can be frustrating for sure. But at least you occupied your family playing pool - good back up plan.

I see that you did make it to DQ later. I think we didn't experience any of the good stuff since we did the Jungle Cruise (no fun) and a few games and left since it just didn't seem to interest us.

So many great updates, dodging rain, being able to go on Splash before the weather shut it down, eating dinner at BoG (glad you kept that) and a tour of AoA. I can see where the boys would definitely want to stay there. Cute photos of the boys with the cars area. :)

That was some crazy flooding on the way to the monorail station. Yikes!

How exciting that you only have a month left before your next trip. I know you'll love AKL!

Thank you for sharing your family's experiences for this trip. I agree with your observation that people ask why Disney vacations time after time.... your response was perfect!

There is no way I would spend the admission cost just for Pirates and Aladdin at DQ but if you already have that part of the ticket for the water parks AND you are planning a trip to DTD to "waste time" then it would be a nice addition.

Yes the flooding was awful. We were soaked!!!

I can't wait to see AKL in less than one month!!

Really enjoyed your trip report. My second son has anxiety issues so I understand what you mean...nice to see them let go and enjoy life!

Yes it is nice to have a place where children can be children and enjoy life instead of worrying about everything.

Thanks for a great TR, it sounded as though you had a lovely last day, well except for the flooding (why does it always flood at that spot? You'd think they'd sort it out!)

I'm so pleased your youngest got his ride on Splash Mountain and your DH made you buy the book. I'm exactly the same, I hate spending money :rotfl2:

Thanks for a great TR, it sounded as though you had a lovely last day, well except for the flooding (why does it always flood at that spot? You'd think they'd sort it out!)

I'm so pleased your youngest got his ride on Splash Mountain and your DH made you buy the book. I'm exactly the same, I hate spending money :rotfl2:

Yes that spot is the worst!! It was crazy on Main Street as well that day. The water was seeping under the doors and into the stores.

I still flip through the book and enjoy it to this day. I have also had other people sit and flip through it while they were visiting at our house so it was definitely a good investment.

I also bought the first Kingdom Keeper book after we left Disney. It was neat to read it but I may never look at It's a Small World the same again! :laughing:

Just found your TR today and read the entire 15 pages, great job I loved it. We are headings to AKL in 13 Days and can't wait.

Thanks for shareing your adventures :)

Just found your TR today and read the entire 15 pages, great job I loved it. We are headings to AKL in 13 Days and can't wait.

Thanks for shareing your adventures :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I loved reliving each moment on here. I bet you are so ready for your trip!!!! Have a wonderful time!

I don't think I could handle Jungle Cruise. I get motion sickness and did really really well on both Pirates and Aladdin but Jungle Cruise looks a bit too rough for me. :scared:

It was a great evening. The fireworks were beautiful and we watched them on the sandy beach part by the lighthouse so it was neat to kinda have our own private fireworks!

The thing about JC to me is that it's really long! I think it's the longest boat ride. I like it but I can see why you'd skip it.

So, I don't get the monorail thing! What was on that red-colored monorail that your DH liked better than the MU monorail? I mean, it looked really nice but what was it promoting? Avengers? I'm not up-to-date on my monorails.

What Monopoly game was that??!

So sad your TR is ending. I am looking forward to your PTR though.
I have truly enjoyed this TR! You boys are just so cute. I'm happy you loved BCV. We have never been able to get a ressie there. So, if it is your favorite, THAT is where you want to get your points. We own SSR and have been able to book & stay OKW, BWV, BLT, SSR, AKV. But we usually go off season. November is our favorite.
Sorry you had so many issues with transportation. GEESH!
That rain. :scared1: We had alot of rain also during our trip. Epcot had sections blocked off with chairs because it was so deep at one point. Probably up to mid calf. But, as you pointed out, it does tend to keep the crowds lower.

Thank you for including us in a small way by writing this TR!!

Oh, almost forgot, absolutely love that your son asks God for a zip a dee doo dah day!!! THAT is precious!!! And yes, I think God would know what he means, and He probably wishes all the prayers were so simple & grateful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter