A Gryffindor and Hufflepuff visit the Dark Side - PTR

JRoyster86

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I'm J, and this is my first pre-trip report, although I am not a newbie to the Dis or reading trip reports! I am a pretty quiet, introverted person so I tend to do more reading than posting, but I thought what the heck, I should try and do a trip report!

Introductions!
This trip is just me and my DGF, H. I'm the Gryffindor, she's the Hufflepuff. My favorite rides are Forbidden Journey, The Simpsons and ET. H's are Forbidden Journey and The Mummy. I am into dark rides, and anything with animatronics, while H is more into thrill rides. Hmm.. what else... we live just north of Boston, MA. We both love Disney and Universal, but also love camping, beer, food, and our cats, Hermione and Jackson.
3.jpg
(H and I, visiting with Krusty in 2015)​

We are staying at the Royal Pacific Resort. I have stayed there twice now, and H has stayed once. We went to Universal for five nights in August 2015 (H's first Universal trip) and last year we spent 8 nights with the mouse at the Beach Club. We both love RPR, and are looking forward to staying club level for the very first time!

We are looking forward to a relaxing, easy going vacation. We will be waking up early to take advantage of the early entry, but will be taking a nice, long break during the afternoons before heading back into the park in the evenings. We are staying for six nights and have five day park to park tickets, so we are going to take our time (and not wait in any line longer than 20 minutes!). I'm also considering upgrading our park tickets to APs, but they would need to be the APs without blackout dates. We both work in education and unfortunately, our travel time typically falls around school breaks.

What am I most looking forward to?
-Club level. I've never done it before, and I am very much looking forward to this. Free beer and snacks!? Sign me up!
-Bula Bar. Nachos, frozen cocktails and the Huli chicken sandwich?! Aww yeah!
1.jpg
-Butterbeer! I have a frozen butterbeer addiction.
-The Big Pink. The enormous donut is one of my favorite Universal treats!
-Duff Beer. Actually, all of Springfield! I love the Simpsons!
4.jpg
-Just absorbing the atmosphere in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Nothing makes me happier! (I even have a HP tattoo :cool1:.)

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramblings! We fly out on Tuesday, so it's coming up quick! I've got a ton of last minute errands and chores to do over the next few days, so I will try and keep you in the loop!

Sounds like a fun trip! I'm so glad you decided to share with us. Can't wait to read more!

Following along! I too am in education & understand only traveling during school vacations. Hope you both have a wonderful trip!!

Following along! I too am in education & understand only traveling during school vacations. Hope you both have a wonderful trip!!

Traveling during school vacations is unfortunate, but knock on wood, the crowds haven't been unbearable or anything like that. The heat on the other hand... :faint:

Tomorrow is the big day! I've been running around like a maniac all day trying to get everything taken care of. I mowed the lawn, cleaned the house and then ran to Target and the bank. I may or may not have stopped and had some cheese fries for lunch. :confused3 You know, all those important last minute pre-vacation errands! :rotfl2:

I also may or may not have waited until the last minute to pack everything, so I'm finishing that up as soon as I post this.

Our flight is at 11:30 and we are supposed to arrive at MCO around 2:15. I have Tiffany Towncar booked to get us to Royal Pacific. We used them once before and had a great experience, so I went ahead and booked them again. We will make a quick stop at Publix to pick up a case of water, and then I'm hoping we will be at Royal Pacific by 4PM!

Hopefully this time tomorrow, I will be having a drink by the pool or wandering around CityWalk! We don't have any park plans for tomorrow evening, just getting settled and hanging out. We might go for a swim, we might play some mini golf, who knows! :cool1:

Tomorrow is the big day! I've been running around like a maniac all day trying to get everything taken care of. I mowed the lawn, cleaned the house and then ran to Target and the bank. I may or may not have stopped and had some cheese fries for lunch. :confused3 You know, all those important last minute pre-vacation errands! :rotfl2:

I also may or may not have waited until the last minute to pack everything, so I'm finishing that up as soon as I post this.

Our flight is at 11:30 and we are supposed to arrive at MCO around 2:15. I have Tiffany Towncar booked to get us to Royal Pacific. We used them once before and had a great experience, so I went ahead and booked them again. We will make a quick stop at Publix to pick up a case of water, and then I'm hoping we will be at Royal Pacific by 4PM!

Hopefully this time tomorrow, I will be having a drink by the pool or wandering around CityWalk! We don't have any park plans for tomorrow evening, just getting settled and hanging out. We might go for a swim, we might play some mini golf, who knows! :cool1:

Safe travels! Following along since I won't make it to UO until end of May/early June.

every trip report needs the bula bar nachos......

delicious!!

i'm in for the read...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter