A Gluten Free Princess' New Year Trip Report!

jillimac28

Earning My Ears
Welcome aboard, Friends!!​
My name is Jillian! I'm brand new to DisBoards and this is my first trip report, so PLEASE bear with me! I'm so excited to share my Disney journey with you all, because I enjoy reading other trip reports so much!
So let's get down to business...(if you didn't just finish that Mulan reference in your head, I don't really know what you're doing here.) 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ME! Readysetgo!

1.) My name is Jillian! I love Disney (duh), my sweet pup, photography, chocolate chips, crunchy leaves, Disney podcasts, and sunshine.
2.) I'm 19 years old right now, but will be 20 by the time we take off on our magical adventure! Speaking of the magical adventure...
3.) This is my 4th time visiting Mickey, and I couldn't be more excited! More on the trip later...
4.) I'll be traveling with 5 travel companions, aka my family. Here they are! My dad, mom, sisters Jessi & Jenna, and brother Michael! I'm the oldest of the kiddos. We all love Disney!
5.) My favorite Disney princesses are Ariel & Merida, because they're reppin' the ginger population just like me :grouphug:
6.) My favorite Disney movies are Tangled, The Little Mermaid, and The Lion King.
7.) Parks from fave to least fave: Magic Kingdom & Epcot are tied, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom (Sorry, AK lovers.)
8.) The reason I love Disney vacations so much is because of the anticipation. What other vacation can you spend months preparing, researching, and planning for? I think that's half the fun!
9.) Disney Resorts I've stayed at: The Contemporary (back in the 90's!), Fort Wilderness Cabins (2010), and the Swan & Dolphin (2012--I know this isn't technically a Disney resort, but it's on property and it was like 10 steps from the Boardwalk so I count it, ok?!)
10.) I have Celiac disease, meaning I can't eat gluten. What's that mean? Well, basically it means no grains (wheat, barley, rye, etc.) which means no bread, cakes, cookies, pastries, pasta, pizza, you name it. All of the good stuff is off limits. I was diagnosed just about 2 years ago and my mom joined me in my gluten free diet, which is why I'm SO excited to share our gluten free tips and tricks with anyone who's planning on traveling to Disney and has a gluten/wheat intolerance or allergy! It's really the whole reason why I'm sharing this trip report!​

Ok, onto the next list...FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR TRIP!

1.) Our trip will be from December 30, 2013-January 3, 2014...meaning we'll be there over New Year's...the busiest time of year at the parks.
Yes, we're crazy.
Yes, we know it's going to be insane.
Yes, we're going to make the best of it and enjoy every minute.
2.) We'll be staying at the Art of Animation resort in a Lion King Suite, which I'm beyond pumped about. I love Lion King, and I've heard that Art of Animation is incredible! Yay!!
3.) We'll have the Disney Dining Plan for Quick Service, which means 2 QS meals per day per person. We have a couple of ADR's but haven't decided which ones we're actually using yet. We're still doing research on which have the best gluten free menus!
4.) We're spending 4 days in the parks and one day (New Year's Day) Resort-hopping/exploring in order to avoid the holiday crowds...and recover from the night before :hyper:
5.) I'm REEALLY hoping that Magic Bands will be in full effect by the time we go, because I love the idea of them!​

Ok! That about covers it for the first pre-trip report! Did I do ok?!
One thing I'm sure you're thinking is, "Hey, new girl. I know this is your first trip report, but why are you starting it months in advance?"
To that I say, A.) Watch the sass ;) and B.) Because planning a trip to go anywhere takes a lot of preparation. Planning a trip when you're gluten intolerant takes a TON. You're constantly worried about going unfamiliar places because you don't know what you'll be able to eat. Every meal has to be planned meticulously down to the dessert. There is nothing worse than going hungry on vacation. So for those of you with allergies or intolerances that understand this, you know why I'm starting this so early. It's to share my tips and tricks of the planning process, because that's half the battle for us!
Throughout this pre-trip report, I'll be sharing twitters, podcasts, blogs, pictures, and menus that have helped me & my mom plan our vacation. We want to be a stress-free as possible by the time the actual trip comes around...so the trip report should be a piece of cake (gluten free, of course) ;)

Thank you SO much for joining me, and I can't wait to share our Disney adventures with you!!​

Joining in because I'm Celiac too and love reading other's GF people's reviews and experiences!!

Disney really is the best place for people with food allergies!
Can't wait to see what you've got in store pixiedust:

Joining in because I'm Celiac too and love reading other's GF people's reviews and experiences!! Disney really is the best place for people with food allergies! Can't wait to see what you've got in store pixiedust:

It REALLY is!!! My DD is allergic to soy, wheat, egg peanut and dairy. Did you guys see the allergen free kiosk at AK? It's amazing how great everyone is there. She has so many favorite Chefs who have seen her grow up and know her favorite things to eat since we've been going every year, and sometimes twice a year since she was 2; she's now almost 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter