A Garage Makeover?

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
I am dreaming BIG right now.
Has anyone turned thier garage into a room? I got to thinking about putting a wall up, in the back half of our single car garage. Then from our basement/laundry/furnace room, putting a door in. Putting down indoor outdoor carpet, paint or cheap pannel the walls. It would make a great exercise room ,We even have an extra couch and chair too.
One problem, last summer for the first time it got flooded twice in a row.So thats our first job.

We went all out and turned ours into a bedroom/bathroom, then last year, it became my office/studio/scrap space! DH built a wall across the door and we raised the floor so that it is level with the rest of the house. You'd never know it was a garage from the inside.

I do miss having a place to park my van in the winter, but I LOVE the extra space!

My BIL and another friend have houses with the single garage makeover with family room, laundry room and bathroom. As the other posters said--done well they can be fabulous :teeth: This type of project is major with plumbing, wiring and structural work, so ask around and find a good home contractor who has references. If you could drive to look at something they've done, even better. This is going to have a price to it, but will pay dividends over the life of your home. WDW on June 22 :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!