A Galactic Spectacular... worth it?

Ella Princess

Earning My Ears
Our family (teens) like fireworks, but in our short 3 day trip to WDW, we were not planning on going to AK. We are debating either staying the whole day at HS and then watching the fireworks or doing the morning at HS and then park hopping to AK to visit Pandora since they are open till 10:30 that day. Suggestions appreciated.

I'm not a fireworks fan, but I enjoyed the Star Wars fireworks at HS. Having said that, I don't need to see them again. I liked it because it was different that the MK/EP shows (which I've seen many times).

If you can get FP+ for FOP, I'd hop to AK. That would be the deciding factor for me.

I'd try for a FP at FOP for whenever you can get it that day and then plan around that. If it's only available in the morning, do the morning at AK then hop over to HS. As far as the night time show at HS, it's no really a FW show, there are some FWs but it's more of a projection show on the walls of the Chinese Theater.

I love Fantasmic, it’s a must do every trip for us. We’re not SW fans and we’ve never seen the SW FW. It’s a personal decision, would you rather see Pandora or SW galactic spectacular? Personally I’d rather spend time at AK then HS any day, but that’s just me.

I think it depends on if you are a SW fan. I just saw it for the first time. I'm not a huge SW fan, but I did enjoy the show. With that being said, I like AK more. I would go to AK and see Pandora at night if you haven't seen it especially if you are able to get a FP for FOP.

I would hop over to AK. If you aren't big Star Wars fans, I don't know if the Galactic Spectacular will appeal. It's more of a projection show than a fireworks show IMHO.

The Star Wars Galactic Spectacular is our family's favorite nighttime show! A must do for us every time we go to Disney! :darth:

I personally would do AK in the morning then hop to HS to see the star wars show. It's tied with HEA imo and it's a must see

It definitely depends on if the family is big into Star Wars. Now that they have the projection on it, it seems that they’ve toned down the fireworks some over the version prior to the projections. Our family loves it because we are all huge Star Wars fans, so it’s a must do for us. If Star Wars is not a big reason, you’d probably be better off enjoying Pandora/AK at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!