A few small updates and some park pics

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
A few updates from the park today --

1. The First Mate on POTC (the drunk guy that talks to the cat) has been missing for the past month or so. Although he's not back yet, I did hear his dialog as we passed his usual spot. That's been absent for a few weeks so I think/wonder if that means he'll be back soon.

2. The park was pretty busy today. I don't know if that was largely a function of the long weekend or the start of the Christmas season in the park. Be but adviced, folks.

3. There's been word of a woman who lost consciousness on Space Mountain Friday night and seemed to be unresponsive. While I have no update or further details yet, I texted a friend who's a CM and asked for info, if there's any available.

Also, if anyone's interested, here's the write-up I did on the Guitar Center Hollywood expansion and my sit-down with world-renowned drummer Sheila E.
https://www.musicconnection.com/shelia-e-drums-guitar-centers-rock-walk/

A few pics from the park.

First in the park this morning.
IMG_7551.JPG

IMG_7553.JPG

I wasn't the droids they were looking for. I was allowed to go about my business. I moved along... moved along.

IMG_7562.JPG

The castle is now in full Christmas mode.
IMG_7568.JPG

They were shooting something at the park today to the left of the castle (as you look at it from the hub).
IMG_7571.JPG

IMG_7578.JPG

IMG_7580.JPG

IMG_7582.JPG

A different kind of hidden Mickey.
IMG_7586.JPG

IMG_7587.JPG

Last edited:
Scoring was messed up (as usual) on Buzz again today. Twice I exceeded 2M and both times my score didn't come through. A friend was annoyed as well: a few times he exceeded 1M and those never came through either. Apparently the letters I sent to the pres/VP of DL fell on deaf ears.

Sunrise from the 5 on the way to DL.
IMG_7549.JPG

IMG_7554.JPG

IMG_7561.JPG

Respectable scores today but nothing stellar. At least none that actually flowed through.
IMG_7567.JPG

Last edited:

What time did you get to security yesterday? Which check point did you use? I'm just curious to see how quickly the lines built up in the morning because it was bad on the Harbor side from before regular opening.

What time did you get to security yesterday? Which check point did you use? I'm just curious to see how quickly the lines built up in the morning because it was bad on the Harbor side from before regular opening.

I park at Mickey and Friends and the security line always seems to be pretty short before 7:00, barring special events/holidays. I got through security with no line yesterday. However, the park was pretty slammed and it doesn't surprise me that the Harbor-side security point had a long line.

Thanks, love the photos and info as always! Love the interview! My daughter plays electric guitar (as well as a little bass) so going to check out the new Guitar Center in Hollywood the next time we are down there! Sounds like a fun place to spend a few hours! Thank you as always!

Good question. LGM is simply a place-holder until the score is claimed. For example, say I score 1.5M but am still on the ride. Once I come out and claim the score, the initials will change. If the score is never claimed, LGM will remain.

I've so been meaning to ask this question also!

In case you’re curious, your scores were still holding at park close last night (photo was taken around 11:30pm)
660-A6-B63-F720-40-EE-972-B-B6-A65-BE2-F587.jpg

I broke a million last Friday and was so excited to have my first placement on the board and when I found my pic, it had the wrong score for both me and my daughter. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter