A Few Random PF+ / MDE Questions

BrianJ844

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are meeting my sister at Disney World in late April. My sis will be there for a conference and is only getting a 4 day parkhopper whereas my wife and I will have a seven day. To complicate matters, we are resort jumping from an All Star resort to the Dolphin halfway through. How will registering for PF+ times go? Would my sis be eligible for PF+ on all 7 of our park days and I just get her PF+ on the random dates she will be in the park? Even though she is flying in a few days after us, she is listed as a guest on both resorts. I hope my question is clear, I am just trying to figure out how registering a person in my party with less park days than the rest of us has will go as in does it go by how many days are on our tickets or your hotel reservation or a combination of both.

Also, on the MDE app. Our All Star Sports reservations lists all three of us as guest and all three of us see the reservation on our app. The Dolphin Resort, my sister made the reservation and had the Dolphin add my wife and I's MDE account to it, so we see it on our apps but the reservation only lists my sister as guest. Is that okay since my wife and I have the reservation on our app or do we need to be listed as a guest? I just don't want to get to our 60 days out and find out this isn't right.

Last question, are there any issues we need to watch out for with three adults all making reservations for this trip? I made one reservation, my sister made another, my wife is doing dinner reservations, I am doing FP+, we are all getting tickets separately, etc. As long as we are all tied together on MDE, we should be fine, correct?

These might be common questions but I can't find a straight answers is my searches.

Happy New Year!
Brian

You'll only be able to book four days of FP+s for your sister, as that is how long her ticket is. If she's listed on your reservation, I believe you'll be able to choose those four days within your resort stay window.

You can only make fps for how many days someone has tickets for.

And if one person is staying on site, it opens up the 60 day window for everyone on that person's friends list

When you reserve FP+ it asks you to select party. Don't select your sister for the days she won't be there. As long as the reservation was made for all 3 people and you link the resort reservations and tickets to your account you will be fine.

Sorry, I thought I had all of my questions on this topic resolved but I would like to clear one more thing up.

So just to clarify, my wife and I have 7 day tickets and are in All Star Sports the first 3 nights of the trip and then move over to a reservation with my sister in the Dolphin the next 5 nights of the trip. Our phone MDE apps show the Dolphin reservation but the MDE website does not. The MDE website also only lists 1 adult on the Dolphin reservation (which I assume is my sister). Would this affect my wife and I booking Fast Pass + reservations for the days that we are staying at the Dolphin? Or since our All Star Reservations are first and we hold 7 days tickets, we will be able to book Fast Pass + reservations regardless?

Thanks for the help on this, these FP+ reservations are really stressing me out. I wish they went back to the old paper ticket system or some other day of system...

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:
Sorry, I thought I had all of my questions on this topic resolved but I would like to clear one more thing up.

So just to clarify, my wife and I have 7 day tickets and are in All Star Sports the first 3 nights of the trip and then move over to a reservation with my sister in the Dolphin the next 5 nights of the trip. Our phone MDE apps show the Dolphin reservation but the MDE website does not. The MDE website also only lists 1 adult on the Dolphin reservation (which I assume is my sister). Would this affect my wife and I booking Fast Pass + reservations for the days that we are staying at the Dolphin? Or since our All Star Reservations are first and we hold 7 days tickets, we will be able to book Fast Pass + reservations regardless?

Thanks for the help on this, these FP+ reservations are really stressing me out. I wish they went back to the old paper ticket system or some other day of system...

Thanks,
Brian
For the Dolphin portion, if Sister will be part of each FP group, you don’t have to worry because you share her 60-day Dolphin window.

If you won’t be adding Sister to each FP grouping, you’ll need to call so that all names are showing on the Dolphin Reservation.

Your All Star Reservation only allows booking through All Star checkout day. That’s why you need to make sure your names are on Dolphin to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!