A few questions about Royal Pacific

trinaaron

Earning My Ears
We are going to Universal in May and staying at the Royal Pacific and have run into a few questions that I can't seem to find the answer to and was hoping you guys would know.

1) Our flight doesn't get in until 11:45 PM so we probably wont get to the resort until 1 or so. Will we be able to fully check in that late (room, tickets, express pass)? We booked a universal package.

2) I know express passes are now part of the room keys. Will the tickets still be separate paper passes?

3) We stayed at Royal Pacific about 4 years ago and in the mornings they would use the lounge area for an a la carte breakfast type thing. Do they still do that?

Thanks for any and all help!

We're arriving at RP at about that same time of night (morning?) in two weeks, and also have a package booked. I'll try to remember to post our checkin experience here once we get back.

1) Our flight doesn't get in until 11:45 PM so we probably wont get to the resort until 1 or so. Will we be able to fully check in that late (room, tickets, express pass)? We booked a universal package.

2) I know express passes are now part of the room keys. Will the tickets still be separate paper passes?

3) We stayed at Royal Pacific about 4 years ago and in the mornings they would use the lounge area for an a la carte breakfast type thing. Do they still do that?

1) If your reservation is for the day prior, yes you can check in that late. The computers don't roll over to the next calendar day until like 5-6am. For instance, if your flight lands at 11:45pm on May 5th and your reservation starts on May 5th, you'll be fine to check-in at 1am. But if your reservation starts on May 6th, you wouldn't be able to check-in until 6am-ish.

2) I've never booked a package, but I think yes. Tickets should still be separate.

3) To my knowledge, yes. They did as of my last stay which was April 2017.

1) If your reservation is for the day prior, yes you can check in that late. The computers don't roll over to the next calendar day until like 5-6am. For instance, if your flight lands at 11:45pm on May 5th and your reservation starts on May 5th, you'll be fine to check-in at 1am. But if your reservation starts on May 6th, you wouldn't be able to check-in until 6am-ish.

2) I've never booked a package, but I think yes. Tickets should still be separate.

3) To my knowledge, yes. They did as of my last stay which was April 2017.
All of this was accurate as of December 2017.

The hotel is open 24 hours

You can check into the hotel when you arrive but rooms will not be ready until they have been released into the system
System runs about midnight and can take until 5:30-6:00 am
So no room once this is in process

If the room is empty and was not used the night/day prior, easy to be assigned that room

Up to desk clerk if you have access to the room if there at 1am

If no rooms for your category are available that early morning, could be you will be able to use the room until 4pm, which is check in time

Last year I arrived at 10 but not able to have access to the room until 3:50 pm

No separate pass for ep
Your hotel room card is shown to use the ep lines

If you made your reservation for the day you are flying out, it would be held for you since you would have a late arrival after midnight
You could check in and go directly to the room once you arrived

Yes
Orchid Court Lounge opens at 6 am daily
Closes at 11 weekdays, closes at noon on weekends

You can buy many different breakfast type of foods, fruits, etc there
Lovely sitting area to eat your meal next to this eatery

Thanks everyone.

Just to clarify our reservation does cover the night we are arriving so it sounds like we are all set. Thanks again! And I am very glad that the breakfast thing is still there. It’s very convenient.

Personally, I'd call RPR and ask them to put a note on the reservation that you will have a late check-in (i.e. after midnight.) That lets the hotel know that you aren't a no-show and makes sure they don't "accidentally" give your room away to someone else because they thought you were a no-show.

Since you will arrive after midnight, call tomorrow and have a note out on your reservation that you will be checking in after midnight

Your room will be held for you

Personally, I'd call RPR and ask them to put a note on the reservation that you will have a late check-in (i.e. after midnight.) That lets the hotel know that you aren't a no-show and makes sure they don't "accidentally" give your room away to someone else because they thought you were a no-show.

I agree with this 100%. You should advise the hotel that you will be arriving after Midnight.

We are going to Universal in May and staying at the Royal Pacific and have run into a few questions that I can't seem to find the answer to and was hoping you guys would know.

Thanks for any and all help!

Just back. We checked in late Thursday night (1am Friday morning) and had no problems. No one in line, two people working the desk. After checkin, they gave us the option of going to the machine to print the tickets then or coming back in the morning. We did it then, very easy but you need to scan the credit card you used to book the package. Tickets were paper but held up well in our lanyards, even when we soaked them on water rides at Islands of Adventure. There was a breakfast of some kind going on in the lounge off the lobby, but we didn't check it out as we made do with the CL offerings.

The one thing I will note, and I don't know if it was our arrival time or just a coincidence, but we got the very furthest room all the way down the hall from the elevators, with a crappy view of the highway and the convention centre rooftops. We hadn't made any requests other than "same floor as lounge" so I guess that's what we got. If you have a specific tower or view in mind, call and have them note it on your reservation along with the fact of your late arrival.

I’m glad you posted that advice

If checking in that late, request by calling the hotel you will have a late check in and don’t want to be at the end of the hall

Your reservation will be noted and hopeful, they will be able to honor it

Orchid Court Lounge is in the lobby
Many do breakfast there or just buy a few things early morning
It’s a basic grab and go for many as it opens 6 am daily

Bet you had a fabulous vacation!

The one thing I will note, and I don't know if it was our arrival time or just a coincidence, but we got the very furthest room all the way down the hall from the elevators, with a crappy view of the highway and the convention centre rooftops.
You can definitely call in earlier and make a request for a better view room, but as I mentioned in your other thread, if the club level is booked and you are the last to check-in, you very probably got the room no one else wanted.

I have heard that they will sometimes put a club room reservation on the 6th floor (just below the club level). So in the future, you might ask if there is a better view on a different floor (while keeping your club access.) They might be able to accommodate you.

Just back. We checked in late Thursday night (1am Friday morning) and had no problems. No one in line, two people working the desk. After checkin, they gave us the option of going to the machine to print the tickets then or coming back in the morning. We did it then, very easy but you need to scan the credit card you used to book the package. Tickets were paper but held up well in our lanyards, even when we soaked them on water rides at Islands of Adventure. There was a breakfast of some kind going on in the lounge off the lobby, but we didn't check it out as we made do with the CL offerings.

The one thing I will note, and I don't know if it was our arrival time or just a coincidence, but we got the very furthest room all the way down the hall from the elevators, with a crappy view of the highway and the convention centre rooftops. We hadn't made any requests other than "same floor as lounge" so I guess that's what we got. If you have a specific tower or view in mind, call and have them note it on your reservation along with the fact of your late arrival.
Are you sure that a better view wasn't an upcharge? I haven't stayed at RP but Cabana Bay charged an extra $10/ night for a pool view. I wouldn't be surprised if you need to pay more for a better view.

Water view is an additional cost.
When I booked my stay at RPR, I could have saved $38 a night if I had went with the standard view.

I wanted a decent view so went to the next level that was listed when I booked at RPR

View wasn't a big deal to us, weren't in the room enough for it to make a difference, especially with no balcony. But, if the view is important, put in a request and then double-check at check in, especially if arriving really late.

You can definitely call in earlier and make a request for a better view room, but as I mentioned in your other thread, if the club level is booked and you are the last to check-in, you very probably got the room no one else wanted.

I have heard that they will sometimes put a club room reservation on the 6th floor (just below the club level). So in the future, you might ask if there is a better view on a different floor (while keeping your club access.) They might be able to accommodate you.

Yep, that’s true, we are always on the 6th floor as we always get the same room. We prefer the 6th floor.

Some do get put on the 6th floor, there were quite a few of us last month coming up from there. One didn’t like it though........but for us it’s no issue to take the elevator up......takes seconds........:thumbsup2

Rooms are allocated 5 days out here, so it’s the luck of the draw........unfortunately everyone can’t get a pool view, but they do their best to accommodate requests.

Yep, that’s true, we are always on the 6th floor as we always get the same room. We prefer the 6th floor.

Some do get put on the 6th floor, there were quite a few of us last month coming up from there. One didn’t like it though........but for us it’s no issue to take the elevator up......takes seconds........:thumbsup2

Rooms are allocated 5 days out here, so it’s the luck of the draw........unfortunately everyone can’t get a pool view, but they do their best to accommodate requests.
Hey @schumigirl! We were on the 6th floor the one time we went club level, and we also preferred it. We were about halfway down the hall past the T and just went up and down the stairs to go to the lounge. We also used the stairs when going out. They come out near the old Tchoup Chop space which was very convenient.

When I have done club, I request 6 th floor
I like the rooms off the elevator that faces the pool and IOA views

Hey @schumigirl! We were on the 6th floor the one time we went club level, and we also preferred it. We were about halfway down the hall past the T and just went up and down the stairs to go to the lounge. We also used the stairs when going out. They come out near the old Tchoup Chop space which was very convenient.

We climbed the stairs once.......once. We prefer the elevator.......lol......we are lazy!!

It is ideal using those stairs though to get down.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!