A few questions about Housekeeping at OKW studio..........

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
This is my first time staying at OKW/studio. I was able to rent DVC points!

I normally stay at a moderate, which has daily housekeeping service, but I know that DVC does not.

Can someone give me the "low down" on this?

Important: Do you get fresh bath towels daily? If not, do they give you an ample initial supply of them?

Washcloths? I am someone who uses a fresh washcloth for each shower, so I'm concerned about this. Do they give you alot of washcloths, or just a few? Do I need to bring a supply from home?

ANY comments would be very helpful.

It depends on how long you are staying what services you will get. If you are staying for 7 nights, on the 4th day you will get Trash & Towel. They empty the trash and leave fresh towels. If you are staying for 8 nights or longer you will get a full cleaning on the 4th day and Trash & Towel on the 8th day (this cycle repeats every 4th day until checkout). Full cleanings include new towels, sheets and thorough cleaning of the unit.

You can purchase additional towels for $6 for a set for the whole unit. There are also washers & dryers at all the pool areas. They are free, you just buy or bring the soap. You might want to bring along a few washcloths to save time. You can also pay for additional full cleanings. I think it's $25 for a studio.

You normally get one bath towel and one hand towel per person per unit. Then they replace it on the 4th day. That's why they call it a home away from home. You make your own bed, you hang up your own towels, you take out your own trash (if it gets too much before day 4), you wash your own dishes and clothes. The 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units have their own washer and dryer. The studio washer and dryer is located at the pools. You don't get one in your unit.

Figure 4 bath towels and hand towels in the studio and one bedroom. 8 in the 2 bedroom and 12 in the Grand Villa.

If you do decide to pack some extra bath linens from home be sure they are not White (in room linens) or Beige (like the pool towles)...housekeeping may accidently pick them up during your cleaning days.

You don't say how many are in your party, but if it is two people you'll each have a fresh towel and washcloth for two days, then you can get a fresh set from housekeeping for $6, those will last two days...then your towel service day will last another 2 days and so on...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter