A Few Last Minute Questions

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
We leave in a week and a half (yay!!!!) and I have a few remaining questions.

1. I think I remember someone saying that the dragon in DA is actually on a schedule but I can't find that. My DS6 turns into a nervous wreck waiting for the dragon to breath fire and every time the HE goes by he's covering his ears. It would be very helpful if we knew when to expect it.

2. Can I buy a shot of fire whiskey to go? Will they sell that to me? Or do I have to consume it at the bar? :rolleyes1 so not planning to put it in my butterbeer, at all, no sir-eee bob

3. How do I get water at Uni? At WDW we ask for it at QS places and get served cups of ice water. Do they do that at Uni? I don't really want to carry around bottles.

Thanks for the help!

1. The dragon goes every 10 or 15 min (I forget). Kinda growls first, plus you can see everyone paused waiting with their cameras to capture the moment.

3. Same, just ask for it. There are also water fountains around.

Have a blast!

1) The dragon kinda growls before he blows fire and you will see everyone standing there with their phones ready. I like around every 10-15 minutes.
2) The only fire whiskey I remember is mixed into a drink. Not sure if they will do a shot.
3) we purchase the refillable mugs and you can get water in the freestyle machines. Or you can ask at QS.

The problem with trying to hear the dragon growl is that it sounds very similar to the Hogswarts express going over so we're constantly psyched out which doesn't help DS's stress level. Someone here had posted an actual schedule (like it occurs at 20 mins after each hour or something like that). I wish I would have written that down.

I never knew you could actually get a regular shot. I had it mixed into a drink. I'm assuming its just like fireball or something

We leave in a week and a half (yay!!!!) and I have a few remaining questions.

1. I think I remember someone saying that the dragon in DA is actually on a schedule but I can't find that. My DS6 turns into a nervous wreck waiting for the dragon to breath fire and every time the HE goes by he's covering his ears. It would be very helpful if we knew when to expect it.

2. Can I buy a shot of fire whiskey to go? Will they sell that to me? Or do I have to consume it at the bar? :rolleyes1 so not planning to put it in my butterbeer, at all, no sir-eee bob

3. How do I get water at Uni? At WDW we ask for it at QS places and get served cups of ice water. Do they do that at Uni? I don't really want to carry around bottles.

Thanks for the help!

We bought a double fire whiskey in 3 B`s in September....we also bought a pumpkin fizz and took them to sit down at one of the tables through in the restaurant area.

Doesn't mix well with pumpkin fizz...…:)

I think hot Butterbeer is now available, and on a cool morning, I highly recommend a fire whiskey shot in hot Butterbeer. I was successful at Fountain of Fair Fortune, but I've read others were not allowed to mix there. Best of luck!

I think hot Butterbeer is now available, and on a cool morning, I highly recommend a fire whiskey shot in hot Butterbeer. I was successful at Fountain of Fair Fortune, but I've read others were not allowed to mix there. Best of luck!

Hot butterbeer is always available now. Got one a few weeks ago at Three Broomsticks.

They made me do my shot at the bar.

Sounds like I'm going to have to take my chances. Thanks for the heads up.

I never knew you could actually get a regular shot. I had it mixed into a drink. I'm assuming its just like fireball or something

I am disappointed they don't have a fun drink or two teed up for people. I asked the bar tender what to mix it with last time. He said cranberry juice was popular. It was awful.

We bought a double fire whiskey in 3 B`s in September....we also bought a pumpkin fizz and took them to sit down at one of the tables through in the restaurant area.

Doesn't mix well with pumpkin fizz...…:)

I would be staying and enjoying it in the restaurant area in 3B too.

Good to know on the pumpkin fizz.

That is the plan. Only at night. We love having dinner at 3B and it will probably be chilly enough to really enjoy.

Hot butterbeer is always available now. Got one a few weeks ago at Three Broomsticks.

Do you know if it's available in DA anywhere? I don't see it on the menu at LC. Hot is my favorite variety.

(Not trying to hijack the thread! sorry OP!) I'm really interested about the fire whiskey question! I'd love to be able to buy a bottle, maybe have it sent to the hotel room? (staying in Aventura in Feb). Unluckily, I don't think the laws allow me to take the whiskey with me back to PA, right?

It’s just cinnamon flavored stuff that you can buy at a liquor store. Won’t say fire whiskey if that’s all you care about though.

The problem with trying to hear the dragon growl is that it sounds very similar to the Hogswarts express going over so we're constantly psyched out which doesn't help DS's stress level.

I’ve never heard the express from diagon.

Maybe he could wear earplugs while in diagon? Earplugs helped my son reduce stress from noise. Helped me, too.

(Not trying to hijack the thread! sorry OP!) I'm really interested about the fire whiskey question! I'd love to be able to buy a bottle, maybe have it sent to the hotel room? (staying in Aventura in Feb). Unluckily, I don't think the laws allow me to take the whiskey with me back to PA, right?

They don’t sell a bottle.

You can travel with booze on a plane (checked) to wherever, and unless you live in some dry county where maybe they inspect your car (does that happen?) you could drive it wherever. Can’t ship it legally without the legalities being settled, and that’s not a consumer thing.

But it’s moot bc they don’t sell the bottles. And if they did it’s likely just cinnamon schnapps.

I’ve never heard the express from diagon.

Maybe he could wear earplugs while in diagon? Earplugs helped my son reduce stress from noise. Helped me, too.

I never would have noticed the HE if we weren't constantly on dragon high alert. But you can definitely hear it rumble overhead when you're near Wise Acres or in the Beedle the Bard stage area.

Knowing the dragon schedule worked perfectly. Every time we went near it he asked and we were able to tell him how many minutes he had. Then we just ducked into a store or knockturn alley at the last minute to avoid it. Thanks @SarahWeasley.

I was there last week and the dragon went off twice an hour everyday I was in the area.

I never would have noticed the HE if we weren't constantly on dragon high alert. But you can definitely hear it rumble overhead when you're near Wise Acres or in the Beedle the Bard stage area.

That's not the Hogwarts Express. It's just a piped in train sound to make you think you're in London. The "train tracks" run right overhead to give more shade since there are no trees and provide shelter on rainy days. If you move closer to Gringotts you won't hear it and won't confuse it with the dragon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter