A Family DREAM come true! 3/12/18

CenTex Disney Fan

Earning My Ears
Our second cruise for the DW and I, and the first for the rest of the family was amazing! We managed to get my MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL, and niece and nephew all hooked on Disney cruising from this trip! Enough that we all booked another trip for June 2019 on the Fantasy!

Nassau was the first stop, and was just ok. First time that we had been there, and the water was too cold to swim! :guilty: But we made the most of it, did a little shopping, and went to get some fried Conch Fritters! Also did the Graycliff Chocolate excursion. It was a decent time. Just the DW and I, and we had fun making our own chocolate bars. We promptly gave them to the kids in our party when we returned to the ship later! Too much chocolate! Great tour for kids, just ok for adults.

Castaway Cay is always a highlight of a trip! The water was WAY too cold for us to swim in, but we didn't let that stop us from having fun. DW and her sister ran in the CC 5K! Be forewarned, that eats up a good portion of your morning on the island, as it took them forever to get going on our day! I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast on board the ship, and then met them on the beach later. After attempting to snorkel in the frigid (for the Bahamas at least) waters, I went to change for the highlight of my trip....the Castaway Cay Bottom Fishing trip! Had a blast catching a variety of species I have never caught before!! Highly recommend this trip for the fisherman (or woman) in your party! I plan to do this excursion, or the fly fishing one, every time I am on Castaway Cay!

How was our time on the boat you may ask? We had an amazing service staff for dinner! Raquel from Portugal and Brad from St Kitts were absolutely the best team! I know if we book the Dream again, we will request them again for sure! So attentive, and always there to go above and beyond! DW and I are looking at doing a 4 or 5 night on the Dream, and REALLY want to be with them again!

Any questions about our trip, let me know! Can't wait for our next one!

Glad you had a great time. Our first cruise was early April 2011 and the water was manageable. But we have cruised often in August and the water is so comfortable.

Great to hear that your extended family is now hooked on DCL. MY Dream is someday to be able to take my extended family on a cruise.

Thanks for sharing your trip.

Was the ocean water really too cold to swim? Were other people in the water at Castaway cay?
I am thinking of a Jan or March 2019 cruise for our first time. If we can't swim in Castaway Cay what's the point? We are from the Mid-Atlantic so definitely cooler than you. The kids and DH (and me to a lesser extend) will swim in the NJ ocean in June which really isn't very warm. Hmmm

@CenTex Disney Fan - We were on the Dream last week (5 night Castaway double dip - highly recommend) and we had Raquel from Portugal too!!! We loved her as well. She was amazing with our 3 boys. This was our 4th Disney cruise and favorite server by far! Our asst was Widi from Indonesia.

Glad you had a great trip - thanks for your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!