A DLR Guide for WDW Vets

Need help for Universal Hollywood Studios Hotel

At WDW if we stay at any Disney resort & buy park tickets elsewhere, we get extra magic hours.

Does it work the same at Universal Hollywood Studios?
We're looking at Hilton Los Angles / Universal City which is a partner hotel. If we book directly through Hilton, buy our tickets elsewhere do we still get in an hour earlier? Thanks!

Need help for Universal Hollywood Studios Hotel

At WDW if we stay at any Disney resort & buy park tickets elsewhere, we get extra magic hours.

Does it work the same at Universal Hollywood Studios?
We're looking at Hilton Los Angles / Universal City which is a partner hotel. If we book directly through Hilton, buy our tickets elsewhere do we still get in an hour earlier? Thanks!

IIRC, the requirement for early entry at Universal Hollywood is that you must buy your tickets in advance directly from Universal Hollywood's website. This applies to anyone regardless of where they're staying.

IIRC, the requirement for early entry at Universal Hollywood is that you must buy your tickets in advance directly from Universal Hollywood's website. This applies to anyone regardless of where they're staying.

Thanks for responding. I did read on Universal's website - If I purchase a package, hotel & tickets we'd have early access.

The hotel we plan on staying at is a partner site, don't all partner sites offer the same regardless of where you purchase your tickets? Buying the package direct is about $180 more... that's a lot of cabbage considering all the expenses we're accruing on this 2 week trip. 1 week @ DL and the second week Legoland, Universal plus three other hotels.

Ay carumba! :faint:

Thanks for responding. I did read on Universal's website - If I purchase a package, hotel & tickets we'd have early access.

The hotel we plan on staying at is a partner site, don't all partner sites offer the same regardless of where you purchase your tickets? Buying the package direct is about $180 more... that's a lot of cabbage considering all the expenses we're accruing on this 2 week trip. 1 week @ DL and the second week Legoland, Universal plus three other hotels.

Ay carumba! :faint:

From Universal's website: "Receive Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - purchase a ticket or Preferred Hotel Package online from UniversalStudiosHollywood.com." So ticket purchase only gets you early entry. It doesn't matter where you stay or how you book the hotel-- as long as you purchase your ticket at universalstudioshollywood.com, you get early entry. You don't have to purchase a hotel stay at all to get early entry.

From Universal's website: "Receive Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - purchase a ticket or Preferred Hotel Package online from UniversalStudiosHollywood.com." So ticket purchase only gets you early entry. It doesn't matter where you stay or how you book the hotel-- as long as you purchase your ticket at universalstudioshollywood.com, you get early entry. You don't have to purchase a hotel stay at all to get early entry.

Thank you so much! We read a lot last night, booked four hotels so far and I wasn't thinking straight. :surfweb: :faint: :hug:

I know at WDW you can get charged a $5 fee for package delivery from amazon, garden grocer etc. does Disneyland Resort and their partner sites like Fairfield Inn charge as well?

I know at WDW you can get charged a $5 fee for package delivery from amazon, garden grocer etc. does Disneyland Resort and their partner sites like Fairfield Inn charge as well?

Great question! I never thought of that there too - we ordered groceries online so it would be good to know about that fee if they have it.

Weird, we had several deliveries at WDW (Contemporary and AKL) and neither one charged a fee. I have packages delivered at DLH without a charge.

Weird, we had several deliveries at WDW (Contemporary and AKL) and neither one charged a fee. I have packages delivered at DLH without a charge.

Disney website states it's up to each resort, but yes they do have the option to charge you a $5 fee.

I just booked our trip to Arizona and California including 6 nights at the Disneyland Hotel in April.

We are visiting family, my MIL in particular, in Phoenix then driving to Disneyland from there. We bought travel insurance because my MIL has Alzheimers and has had a stroke, so we want to be prepared should anything go wrong. Hopefully all goes well and we can enjoy our vacation.

We haven’t flown since 2004, so flying from the east coast to the west will be something. I booked first class so that we will be comfortable.

I can’t wait to see Disneyland!

So glad I found this thread! I'm at WDW almost every weekend and can navigate it like the back of my hand. DL is a whole different ballgame! I'm so excited to go.

When do they normally release park hours? I'm looking for March 2019. Are March 2018 hours comparable if I could find those?

So glad I found this thread! I'm at WDW almost every weekend and can navigate it like the back of my hand. DL is a whole different ballgame! I'm so excited to go.

When do they normally release park hours? I'm looking for March 2019. Are March 2018 hours comparable if I could find those?
6 weeks prior. Maybe!

6 weeks prior. Maybe!
Use this in the meantime!

"Historical DLR Park Hours, Entertainment and Refurbs" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291124

:wizard:

While the option exists, we stayed at the Grand Californian in June and were not charged.

So their food and wine is usually during March?
That is a good question that hopefully someone else knows about as I have never done it. They do a F&W at DCA but if I recall it does not last as long as the one at Epcot (which I have not either for that matter). You can Google or search here on DIS or wait for someone to pop in.

That is a good question that hopefully someone else knows about as I have never done it. They do a F&W at DCA but if I recall it does not last as long as the one at Epcot (which I have not either for that matter). You can Google or search here on DIS or wait for someone to pop in.

Thank you! I avoid Epcot on the weekends for food and wine so hopefully DCA is not too bad crowd wise during it

Is the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour worth it? We’ll be there for 4 days and are huge fans of Disney history. I’m worried that I should spend more time in the parks instead of doing a tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!