A Disney proposal that isn't over the top?

Hey folks, yet ANOTHER topic about proposal ideas but I would appreciate any ideas you all have!

We are going to be at WDW in a few weeks and the ring is ready but the proposal is not. :scared:

She is not into crowds, doesn't really want the restaurant proposal, does not care about pictures and, well, I'm a student and not making money hand over fist. So the usual idea of Main Street in front of the castle is already out of the question as are V&A's/California Grill/fireworks cruise/etc.

I am looking for quieter, off the beaten path ideas that do not cost much, if any, money. We are going to Epcot and AK this time around.

I originally wanted to do it on the Poly beach in the early morning after breakfast at Kona on our first day (staying elsewhere) but she wants to save Kona for our last day.

I only have two so-so ideas now.

The first is by the koi pond by Katsura Grill because it is quiet and we both enjoy the Japan pavilion.

The other is while riding Spaceship Earth once we reach the moon. I'm leaning towards this after listening to a podcast in which a couple got engaged at the Haunted Mansion and the CMs went all out for them after he spoke to concierge at their resort. I worry though that the moon scene is a little too loud and poorly lit...and too cheesy?

What do you wonderful folks think? Any ideas? :thanks:

My husband proposed to me 16 years ago on the near empty Polynesian dock.. beautiful! Anyway, good luck to you :)

We got engaged after dinner at Cinderellas Royal Table. Downstairs where Cinderella meets. There were a few people waiting for their table, but it was perfect. I know you said she doesn't care about pictures, but he told our server, so the photo pass people were down there waiting for us. And, I LOVE those pictures (they were important to me) they are something to cherish for years to come, plus we got to share the moment with our families after.
I know you said Animal Kingdom though, maybe one of the trails around the tree of life? They're really pretty and often not too busy.

I love the scavenger hunt idea!
Personally I don't like the caricature idea, but that's because i hate those pictures.
I think this time I'm going to say you should just keep the ring with you and let life happen. I'm sure the perfect moment will come and you'll know when it happens. Could be when she trips and scrapes a knee. Could be when the sun is setting and she's looking at the horizon and you're noticing (yet again) just how beautiful and perfect for you that she is.

Sorry to be late on updating everyone. So I pulled it off on the beach of the Polynesian.

Expected to do it the first night there, but our flight was at 6ish (3am wakeup to make it to the airport) and we arrived in Orlando just before 9. Checked in at the AKL Kidani Village (thanks to a friend we were visiting with a DVC membership) and zombie-walked Epcot for the rest of the day.

After the next long day at AK, we headed over to the Polynesian. When we first got there, the Electrical Water Pageant was going on and kids were throwing sand at each other. Not exactly the most romantic location. We grabbed a quick bite before going into Trader Sam's.

Afterward we took a walk and her friend "got a phone call." We sat on one of the swinging benches looking out over the SSL and the DVC Poly bungalows and chatted. The beach was mostly empty. I popped the question with the ring and she said yes! She kept looking at the stone in the tiki torchlight.

We got some "Celebrating" pins from the Poly front desk, but a CM at Boma the following morning had some "Just Engaged" pins for us. That was a huge score! Had a great park day at Epcot after Boma and spent our final few hours the following day exploring Disney Springs. Everything worked out amazingly. The wedding is a year away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!