A Disney Anniversary - Halloween Time at DLR, UOR and WDW - Sept/Oct 2019 - COMPLETED 01/09/2020

LIFE UPDATE:

Hi All

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year season. I've been MIA as I've been relaxing on holidays and enjoying time with friends and family. I hope you all got to enjoy your Christmas season, and let me know if any of you got to spend it at the Happiest or the Most Magical places on Earth!

My pregnancy continues to go well, I'm now 12 weeks and almost through the 1st trimester. And, thanks to genetic testing, we discovered yesterday that we will be having a little boy. I've always imagined having a daughter, so it was a bit of a surprise and I'm still coming to terms with the idea but I know we will love our little man heaps!

Anyway, I'll get back into it now...we are nearly finished - just the last day left to go!

Day 19 - Part 1 - Goodbye Batuu

For our final day we planned to rope drop Disneyland and Galaxy's Edge, one more time. The final day of our Disney trips are always bitter sweet. There's more fun to come, but we know it's the last day we will get to experience the magic of Disney in a while. We left our room at about 7:00am on our final day, ready to enjoy ourselves and soak up all the magic we could before heading off to the airport at about 7pm.

We had also booked an extra night of accommodation, in case Business Class rewards seats became available for the day after we were originally flying home. They didn't become available sadly, but it did at least mean that we could leave all our stuff in our room and we could come back later and deal with the packing then, instead of late the night before or early that morning.

We went the long way around this morning, through the regular Downtown Disney bag check. We were trying to get to rope drop a bit later so we would have the chance of getting into the part of the Millennium Falcon ride queue where you can see the Falcon model from the queue windows. So far, as we'd not had to wait too long, we hadn't managed to be loaded into that part of the queue and we really wanted some photos of the views!

I decided to take some pictures of the adorable Halloween decorations in Downtown Disney as we made our way through. The sun was just coming up too....

We arrived at the front of the gate at 7:25 and the lines to get in were already past the monorail, so we knew it would be a busy day. We weren't really surprised by this, as the following Monday was a holiday (Veteran's Day) so we figured it would be busy.

Even getting in later, and with the long lines, we were only this far back from rope drop (the green light post is the front). The crowds were pretty evenly distributed between the three different rope drop areas though, so less people were trying to head towards Galaxy's Edge.

Once again, they didn't let us in for rope drop until 7:45am, just 15 minutes before park opening. We got in at about 7:52am, so we really didn't wait long in the park before it opened.

Once the trumpets sounded, and Zip-a-dee-doo-dah was playing, we headed towards Galaxy's Edge, expecting to go through Frontierland to that entrance. Instead Cast Members were directing guests through New Orleans Square and Critter Country to the Critter Country entrance! This was different from every other rope drop we'd experience, so I guess they did expect the park to be busier that day. It was nice walking through the Resistance forest area again, as we didn't have as much cause to go down there (that's all going to change in about a week when the ride opens at Disneyland, I am so jealous of you locals who will get to experience it!).

We were stopped near the Tie-Fighter and were directed to create a line to file into the ride. The posted wait when we reached the entrance was 5 minutes, but I knew this was unlikely given the length of the line. I was also able to look up and see people slowly filing past the windows overlooking the Falcon! I was excited to see that the part of the queue I wanted to see was open, and that we'd finally get that view.

Once inside, we made our way through the queue over about 30 minutes.

I actually filmed our wonderful host, Hondo Ohnaka, this time around! How fantastic is his movement!

And we got to see this view!

We also finally sat down at the Chessboard for some pictures!

We asked to wait to be pilots again, so we could fly the Falcon one more time. We did better this time, we left the ride with 47% health, and 2 containers of Coaxium! We were happy with our improvement.

We had made some Maxpasses for the Matterhorn (so we could capture that illusive Fred, whose nickname I recently learned is actually Harold) for 9:50am - 10:50am. We made more Maxpasses for Hyperspace Mountain for 10:15am - 11:15am after our Smuggler's Run. We had some time to kill until 9:50am though. We were about to leave Galaxy's Edge, feeling as though we'd accomplished everything we wanted to in the new area, when I remembered I hadn't bought an adorable Star Wars Coca-Cola yet!! So we headed back in to one of the stands to purchase the most adorable of all Coke products!

These Storm Troopers on patrol thought, much like the TSA (who as I understand it banned these grenade like coke bottles for a while), that our coke "grenade" was very suspicious looking and told us to "move along". We ignored the order and instead took photos!

Continued in Next Post...

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Day 19 - Part 2 - Capturing Fred and a Fantasy Castle!

Our next stop you can probably guess, since it involved a snack and some caffeine! Yes we headed to the Jolly Holiday Bakery again, our favourite Disneyland snack stop!

We decided to try the spiced bunt cake, along with another grilled cheese! The grilled cheese was yet again cold (I really really wish they'd make these to order, it can't be hard to have the sandwiches and cheese made up and then just toast them once someone orders one!). The spiced bunt cake made up for the cold grilled cheese though, it was perfection! Both Jared and I loved cinnamon, and the flavours in this bunt cake were absolute heaven for two cinnamon lovers. Plus, it had an adorable bat chocolate topper, a cute little Halloween touch! The cream cheese topping was delicious and light too, not overly cream cheesy, just the perfect amount of yum!

While we sat we noticed that it was a rather windy day! I've heard of the famous Santa-Ana winds So-Cal is famous for, I was wondering if this was a taste of them!

We had a perfect time just relaxing and soaking in the atmosphere of the park from the Jolly Holiday. Apart from having delicious snacks and treats, you really can't beat the location of the outdoor seating at the cafe, it is the perfect place to sit and overlook the park! I actually felt a little teary at this point, from joy from the experiences we had had, and possibly from sadness because it was our last day at the parks. Some of my very favourite memories made at Disney parks are moments like this, where we just relax together taking in the beauty and wonder of the park. If you only ever run from attraction to attraction I think you miss part of what Disneyland was made for. Don't get me wrong....Disneyland has fantastic attractions that are heads and shoulders above standard amusement park fare. And yet so does Universal Studios. But I think what gives Disney the edges, for me, are these environments created around the attractions, places you just want to be and spend time, even without doing a single thing! Where you can escape reality and enter fantasty, adventure, yesteryear and nostalgia. I will give Universal props for doing this with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. But some of it's other lands, though good, aren't quite as GREAT as Disney lands.

We headed over to the Matterhorn next, making our way through the beautiful hub. You can see the construction walls around Tomorrowland in this picture well! It was a little disappointing for us to have part of the hub view blocked by the walls, but as Tomorrowland desperately needs some love and refurbishment I suppose important too.

We could see our final destination...

...but we had to make a pitstop at the restrooms. I don't often come this way into Fantasyland so I don't think I've ever used this Queen of Hearts bathroom before. I was impressed with it's decoration.

We made it to the Matterhorn for a record (for us) third trip on the Swiss Bobsleds.

And.....we finally caught Fred's soul!! Or captured a photo of him anyway! Fred (or Harold as I now understand you are known) you were the photographic achievement of our trip!

We did ask to wait for the front row, so Jared could have an unobstructed view of Fred as we barrelled toward him (bumpily). I was in the centre of the three cars again, and I don't know if I was simply braced better, or if the front is not as bumpy (we were in the back the other times we rode), but the ride felt a little smoother this time. I even enjoyed some of the turns in the dark! So I guess you could say the Matterhorn is growing on me!

We had a bit of time to wait before we could use our Space Mountain Maxpasses so we made some Maxpasses for Star Tours, and then headed over to take some proper daytime pictures of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

It was a perfect day, blue skies and clear! Really great weather for our last day. Plus with the wind it was nice and cool too.

It's really amazing how light works! While we had beautiful clear reflections of the castle in the still water on the right of sleeping beauty castle, the left side was another story! So I have doctored these images reflections...but they do look prettier!

Here is a before and after example:

I do love these side angles of the castle because no matter how busy it is, and how many people are about, you can get pretty unobstructed views!

Time for a few shots of us in front of the castle. I was wearing my "honorary citizen of Disneyland" badge that a CM had given me on our last trip. It was handed over to me because the CM assumed (since we were Australian), that it was our first time at the resort! When I corrected her and advised it was our 4th trip she quickly corrected by saying "well your a local around here now then" and gave me the badge. It was a little funny, because I'm sure there are PLENTY of people who visit Disneyland much more frequently, but I love the idea of being a Disneyland "citizen". So yes, I love the badge and bought it with me to wear again (because it's not one I see around much).

Last edited:
Day 19 - Part 3 - The best of Disneyland's entertainment

After spending some time at the Castle we headed back into Tomorrowland and towards Space Mountain for our next Maxpass, Hyperspace Mountain. The views from atop Space Mountain are great, and we were actually held here for a while. The wait for Space was up to 70 minutes, and the Fastpass distribution window had moved to 1:10pm - 2:10pm already, so we were pleased to have a Fastpass. Again the Fastpass line was quite backed up but thankfully, moved quickly. Still being held outside for a bit was a different experience (and made us realise it was a busy day).

I only took a few photos of the inside of the queue with my phone so forgive these few iPhone photos!

I don't know why, but it appears we never actually linked our ride photo from this ride on Hyperspace Mountain, as I don't have a proper downloaded copy of it. So all I have to show you is this photo of the ride photo from the screen it was displayed on! Oops!

We did Mickey ears, and also look like the only ones having any fun in our car!

It was 10:30am by the time we were done on Space Mountain. We were so pleased to have a Maxpasses for these popular rides as the day was beginning to get very busy. I also want to take this moment to say just how much we LOVED Maxpass. When you consider that you get access to all photos taken of yourself in the parks it breaks even if you just get one photo taken per day of your visit (they cost about $15.00 per digital download if you buy them one by one). Given we always take more photos than that in a day, and given the convenience of being able to make a Maxpass for any attraction anywhere in the park at anytime, I do think it's good value for money. I do think would pay for the convenience alone, because I found it so much easier than traditional Fastpass, but that's because I will always pay to avoid lines. I always buy express passes at Universal too (which turned out to be slightly futile on this trip!).

We had some time until our final Maxpass of the trip, one for Star Tours from 11:35am - 12:35pm. In case you are wondering what a Maxpass looks like (if you've not used it or been to Disneyland since they implemented Maxpass) here's a screen shot of the Star Tours Maxpass from our final day:

While waiting for Star Tours Maxpass time slot, we decided to stop and have a break. We wanted to catch the Dapper Dans and the Main Street Pianist if we could too. We knew the Main Street Pianist was due to come out at 11:15am, but we had some time until then, so we wandered up Main Street and, just as we had hoped, we came across the Dapper Dans doing their thing. It was really perfect timing!

They were doing some great Halloween numbers, and my favourite was "This is Halloween"!

I love how perfect their pitch is, even in a terrible iPhone video! Huge props to them! I know how hard that is (as a singer).

After the show I hung around to meet them, and we all had a fantastic chat. They mentioned that they loved my shirt, and I gushed over how much I love them and how talented I think they are! They were kind enough to pose for this photo with me.

After spending some quality time with my favourite Disney Acapella group we decided to get yet another snack (it was our last day of holidays so we wanted to take advantage of not feeling guilty when we ate junk!). I got a pink lemonade slushie and Jared finally found a Mickey bar ice cream (at Disneyland). We sat down at a table at the Refreshment Corner and waited for the Main Street Pianist to come out. I was very relaxed at this point of the day, it was going so well and turning into the perfect last day at Disneyland.

Waiting for one of favourite Disneyland performers, with a front row seat.

I don't think many people make time to see the Main Street Pianist. People often stroll past and stop to listen for a minute or too but always keep moving. We love to stop and watching him play a set because Jared is a pianist and he appreciates listening to other pianists and music in general. He can also appreciate the talent of the men/woman who play at Disneyland, as much of what they do is Ragtime and that is a VERY difficult style to play (Jared still has not mastered it and he has been playing for years - it's very very fast).

If you have time on your next trip I highly recommend finding out when the pianist is playing (your show times guide will tell you) grabbing a snack and table at the Refreshment Corner and relaxing to the sounds of a bygone era! There is something really wonderful about hearing Disney music played in a style from another time and place - it really transports you to the time and place Main Street envisions. A true Disneyland gem that is worth your time!

The Main Street Pianist we met on our last day was named Michael. Before he started playing he came over to meet us, as we had waved at him as he made his way out. We told him we were specially waiting to hear his set, and he was very grateful. He asked us what we were celebrating and we told him about our 10th Wedding and Disney anniversaries. During his set, he called us out by name to congratulate us on our anniversary, and asked the gathered crowd to give us a cheer, which they did!

I think he was also grateful that I was a very enthusiastic audience member. When he asked the fairly subdued crowd if anyone like Mary Poppins (before he performed his Mary Poppins medley) I said very loudly that I did! He then said "thanks Rachelle for leading the way with enthusiasm". :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Watching his set was one of the highlights of our trip, and one of the most magical "pixie dust" moments we had with a Disneyland Cast Member our entire trip! I cannot thank Michael enough for what he does to bring joy and the magic that is music to the happiest place on earth.

Anyway, here are a lot of photos, and two videos, of the fantastic Disneyland Main Street Pianist!

Sadly, he plays a Yamaha (Jared's company Kawai's main competition), but we won't hold that against him!

The actual piano is really cool too. The strings are exposed so you can see the mechanics of what is going on. And though it probably isn't antique, it has that look about it.

After Michael's set we stuck around to take some photos with him. He was a great comedian too, telling us during the show that if we took pictures with him afterwards we'd each get $4 back from our ticket price. :P :P

Last edited:

Day 19 - Part 4 - Farewell Disney

Just as we finished our photos with Michael the Main Street Band announced itself! We decided to follow them up Main Street for a bit. They were playing the Star Wars and Indiana Jones themes, which was fun and something different.

It was about time for our Star Tours Maxpass by this point, so we headed over to Tomorrowland again. We had decided that, since we didn't feel the need to do or see much else, having had so many days in the parks, we'd have lunch after Star Tours and then head back to the room to relax/pack that afternoon. This meant Star Tours would be our last attraction of the trip.

When we arrived the standby wait was 50 minutes. We were glad to have a Maxpass. While we waited in line we met a lovely couple from Perth who were celebrating their 7th Anniversary with a trip to the US. They'd never been to Disneyland before, and were a bit worried Star Tours would be a bit too intense for them, so I was able to assure them it's a pretty mellow ride as far as thrills go. I then went onto explain how each ride is different thanks to the randomness of the 4 sequences of the ride. I also explained how someone in the ride car would be picked to be the rebel spy, and it was really fun for the person who was chosen to see their face up on the ride screen. They were on their way to Vegas to renew their wedding vows, followed by San Francisco, New York and Hawaii, so we were able to give them some touring suggestions for the latter two places, which we've visited before. I love having a good chat to someone in a theme park line, it really makes the wait go much quicker!

Disney seemed to know that this was the final ride of our trip (ok I know they didn't know, but it felt like they did). We didn't get as many unique scenes as the time we got scenes from the new movies, but we still did get to see a lot of scenes we hadn't seen yet on this trip. We started with the Storm Trooper scene, made our way to the Wookie Planet (which I rarely see), got a message from Admiral Akbar (who I also rarely see) and finished with the Death Star over Geonosis (which I ALWAYS see - I think this was the third time this trip). I was so happy to go to the Wookie Planet (which, given the very few times we've seen it always seems like a prize to me) and then Disney topped even that. I got to be the REBEL SPY!! This has actually happened to me once before (poor Jared has never been chosen) and I know this isn't logical, but it felt like my own special farewell from Disneyland!

Being the Rebel Spy adds so much fun to the ride. It's really great to know everyone was racing through the Galaxy protecting me (hehe). It was also fun to contradict C3PO at the end of the attraction, when he says the rebel spy is safe though I think shaken. I think my response to this was "nope I'm great" which elicited a number of giggles from the others riding within earshot.

We headed over to our final meal of the trip next. We really hadn't had many burgers on the trip, and were craving a good American burger before we left. There is something about an American burger that is just so much better than burgers here in Australia. I can't put my finger on what it is, but I wasn't leaving the USA without experiencing a good burger. So we headed over to the Galactic Grill to enjoy a couple of cheeseburgers and fries. A great last meal (we were taking advantage of eating junk food while we were still on holidays).

It took a little while to find a table, it was very busy. We also didn't want to sit in the full sun either. Shady tables were hard to find as the umbrellas were not up due to the wind. We managed to hover as another Aussie family left a shady table on the outer edge of the seating area.

I had to take a picture of the Halloween themed drink cups!

The food was delicious and we had no regrets about our final meal at the parks. We were slightly sad to not have a better view of the parks for our final meal. The back area of Tomorrowland, where the Galactic Grill seating area is located, looks like the future as envisioned by Back to the Future in the 1980s! I'm glad Disneyland is going to be overhauling this area in the near future.

Jared had also decided he loves mobile ordering, because it saved him time waiting in line for food. Because my feet are much worse than his he is always the one who has to do yet more standing waiting for food. There was a decent line for the Galatia Grill, even though it was pretty early for lunch (not quite 12pm). So we did a mobile order and all Jared had to do was collect the food once it was ready.

After lunch was done we exited down Main Street one final time, making sure to turn around for one last glance at the castle. We were sad to be leaving, but we'd had such a fantastic morning it was hard to feel too sad.

The Main Street Fire station area was surprisingly quiet, so we took a photo. We finally took the proper camera out. It had been put away after our time in Galaxy's Edge as I'd promised Jared that he could have a rest taking photos on our last day, so he could just soak in things. So all the other pictures you've seen were taken by me on my iPhone.

We'd never managed to get a picture of the archway into Disneyland. I love this transition from the real world into the magic of the parks, as well as the plaque "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy". It really is the prelude, the movie credits, to the wonderful thematic world that is Disneyland, where new memories can be made each time you pass under that magic tunnel. Disney was smart in the way he created the Disneyland entrance, as a way to entice people and build anticipation for what was to come!

We hadn't had any Photopass photos that day, but there was a relatively short line for the Photopass Photographer out the front of the train station, so we hopped in line to wait for some final photos together.

These photos turned out to be some of my favourite from the trip. We hadn't really realised it, but we hadn't had ANY magic photos taken at Disneyland. The Photopass Photographer here was kind enough to ask us what magic shots we'd had done, so he didn't double up. When we told him none he told us that just wasn't on, so he'd give us a few!

First up we had a magic shot reminiscent of the very first magic shot we ever had taken, on our first visit to the Magic Kingdom in 2011. The Tinkerbell Surprise!

Next up was the Halloween flaming pumpkin. We he told Jared to put his hand out and for us to look scared/shocked I knew what was coming. I thought it would be funnier to try look "intrigued". I think I pulled that off - and it is a little funny!

Our final magic shot was my favourite! I got to "hold" some Disney balloons.

We finished up with a few final shots of the Train Station.

We headed into Downtown Disney briefly to exchange a jumper I'd bought a few days before that I didn't love on me and I found another Disney nightshirt to buy too.

After Downtown Disney we headed into the plaza to take what has become a traditional photo on our last day at Disneyland. It's what I call the "happy I came, sad I have to leave" photo pose.

It starts like this....I look happy because I went to Disneyland...

Then I look sad because I'm leaving Disneyland...

We've taken these shots of me on every trip since our honeymoon. This time, Jared got in on the fun too (he normally doesn't).

I then decided I had to do the same thing with DCA behind me!

As we exited the Star Wars theme played again, and it felt like the perfect melody to leave to. We felt like we had really gotten the most out of our time at Disneyland and the triumphant sounds of Star Wars complimented our feelings of satisfaction.

I really do love the music at Disney. It is so important, as it really adds to the experience and helps create a whole sensory environment that you can really got lost in.

We headed back to the bus port, caught the next ART back to our motel where we rested, packed and waited for our Karmel Shuttle, which arrived about 20 minutes early before we were ready to go! Thankfully it waited for us, and we got ready in no time.

We headed into the airport riding in our shuttle with a lovely family from New Zealand, and we enjoyed chatting away to them, which made the trip go much quicker.

I won't bore you with the travel details, I don't really have many as I stopped taking notes once we arrived at the airport. Suffice to say, we flew home over about 30 hours and 2 flights, in economy. We were lucky enough to have economy X seats on our flight from LA to Sydney, which meant we were right at the front of economy in the section with infinite leg room, which allowed me to bring our small carry on suitcase down from the luggage compartment and put my feet on it.

We had been quite disappointed not to be able to upgrade to Business on the way home but ironically I actually slept better on the economy flight home than the Business flight on the way over (which still wasn't great, I never sleep well on planes). We finally arrived home around 2pm on the Sunday afternoon, having rested reasonably well, though of course that didn't stop the jet lag we experienced for the next few days. Poor Jared had to go straight back to work on the Monday (though working from home) but I was lucky enough to have another week off.

That brings us to the end of our Disney Anniversary Trip Report. I want to thank all of you who've joined us on our trip, and who've expressed such kind praise for this report and our photos. I love writing these reports, they help me relieve our fantastic Disney holidays, and it makes me so proud and pleased to know that I can help those of you reading along feel as though you are back at Disney.

I know I'm going to need to read lots of reports for my Disney fix in the next few years. Now that our little boy is on the way, I'm not sure when we will get to the parks next...it's all so very up in the air. But I am certain we will come back one day, and in the meantime, I will continue to love and appreciate the Disney parks from afar and to rely on all of you wonderful DIS'ers to take me on a Disney theme park experience through your words, pictures and comments!

As Mickey would say....See Ya Real Soon!

Thanks again for taking the time to write a TR . As usual , your pictures are amazing .
Hoping the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. Congratulations on a boy. I have two myself.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a TR . As usual , your pictures are amazing .
Hoping the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. Congratulations on a boy. I have two myself.

thanks so much for reading along and giving me such encouraging feedback. Thanks for your thoughts, I hope it goes smoothly too!

As always, excellent TR and of course amazing photos!
We had also booked an extra night of accommodation, in case Business Class rewards seats became available for the day after we were originally flying home. They didn't become available sadly, but it did at least mean that we could leave all our stuff in our room and we could come back later and deal with the packing then, instead of late the night before or early that morning.
That is always more convenient - having a place to relax before the flight! So you aren't "homeless" even if just for a few hours.
I decided to take some pictures of the adorable Halloween decorations in Downtown Disney as we made our way through. The sun was just coming up too....
They really have been good with their DTD decorations lately!
We headed over to the Matterhorn next, making our way through the beautiful hub. You can see the construction walls around Tomorrowland in this picture well! It was a little disappointing for us to have part of the hub view blocked by the walls, but as Tomorrowland desperately needs some love and refurbishment I suppose important too.
And it looks so much better now, with the grass instead of those rocks! I didn't hate the rocks, but the grassy areas are so much more open!
And.....we finally caught Fred's soul!! Or captured a photo of him anyway! Fred (or Harold as I now understand you are known) you were the photographic achievement of our trip!

Wow-awesome shot!
I don't think many people make time to see the Main Street Pianist. People often stroll past and stop to listen for a minute or too but always keep moving. We love to stop and watching him play a set because Jared is a pianist and he appreciates listening to other pianists and music in general. He can also appreciate the talent of the men/woman who play at Disneyland, as much of what they do is Ragtime and that is a VERY difficult style to play (Jared still has not mastered it and he has been playing for years - it's very very fast).

If you have time on your next trip I highly recommend finding out when the pianist is playing (your show times guide will tell you) grabbing a snack and table at the Refreshment Corner and relaxing to the sounds of a bygone era! There is something really wonderful about hearing Disney music played in a style from another time and place - it really transports you to the time and place Main Street envisions. A true Disneyland gem that is worth your time!

The Main Street Pianist we met on our last day was named Michael. Before he started playing he came over to meet us, as we had waved at him as he made his way out. We told him we were specially waiting to hear his set, and he was very grateful. He asked us what we were celebrating and we told him about our 10th Wedding and Disney anniversaries. During his set, he called us out by name to congratulate us on our anniversary, and asked the gathered crowd to give us a cheer, which they did!

I think he was also grateful that I was a very enthusiastic audience member. When he asked the fairly subdued crowd if anyone like Mary Poppins (before he performed his Mary Poppins medley) I said very loudly that I did! He then said "thanks Rachelle for leading the way with enthusiasm". :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Watching his set was one of the highlights of our trip, and one of the most magical "pixie dust" moments we had with a Disneyland Cast Member our entire trip! I cannot thank Michael enough for what he does to bring joy and the magic that is music to the happiest place on earth.
That sounds so sweet! I'll have to stop in and see him soon!

Lovely finish to your trip! Congrats on the boy- my sister has just had one. Like you, she could see herself with a daughter but is totally in love with her son, as is everyone else.

As always, excellent TR and of course amazing photos!

That is always more convenient - having a place to relax before the flight! So you aren't "homeless" even if just for a few hours.

They really have been good with their DTD decorations lately!

And it looks so much better now, with the grass instead of those rocks! I didn't hate the rocks, but the grassy areas are so much more open!

Wow-awesome shot!

That sounds so sweet! I'll have to stop in and see him soon!

Thanks so much for reading along, and I love all the feedback! I am really glad we had the hotel room, it made life so much easier that last day. And yeh, the Matterhorn entrance area is really improved, I like it much better.

Thanks, Fred (or Harold, or the Snowman) was very hard to get, but we were so pleased with ourselves when we finally got him. I think it was a little skill, and a little luck (and having the camera on burst mode so you have lots of shots to choose from!)

The Main Street Pianist is great, if you have time in the parks soon he's well worth listening too. Plus you can grab a snack and relax while he serenades you!

Lovely finish to your trip! Congrats on the boy- my sister has just had one. Like you, she could see herself with a daughter but is totally in love with her son, as is everyone else.

Thanks so much, and thanks for reading along and for all your lovely feedback throughout. It's really meant a lot.

My sister also had a boy first (she now has a boy and a girl) and was in a similar boat to me, thinking she's always have daughters (there were no boys in our family) but she loves her son and couldn't imagine him any other way now. I'm sure I will be the same. In fact, I'm already starting to come around to the idea - especially after we got to see him at our 1st trimester screening ultra sound on Tuesday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!