A DCA thing

hopemax

Note to Self:
I know there aren't a lot of DL visitors here, but I was wondering what people's impressions of the new "wall" erected at Mullholland Madness.

You can see a picture of it here: http://www.westcoaster.net/photo.php?img=030202/030202-dlr019-lrg.jpg

Another view:

http://www.westcoaster.net/photo.php?img=030202/030202-dlr020-lrg.jpg

According to the various insider types on Laughing Place, there will be some clouds adding to the part facing the Grand Californian and the ride face will get some billboards.[

I suppose it's a necessary evil of sorts. Disneyland, by virtue of it's relatively smaller size (compared to WDW) unfortunately has to make such sacrifices to maintain that all-important sense of isolation. There would really be no excuse for that sort of thing at WDW where "the blessing of size" eliminates the need. At WDW, masking separates us from backstage, not the outside world. This brings to mind that weird "demi-tent" at the top of California Screamin'.

J.-

Still, that wall is hideous!! They could have least painted pictures or somting on it. Right now it's just a ugly blue wall that's way out of place. They should have put Muholland Madness in a building to begin with, and now they have to go back and fix their mistakes. It feel bad for those people who are paying big bucks to say in the GC and have to stare at the ugly wall.

Still, that wall is hideous!! They could have least painted pictures or somting on it.

I believe the article indicated there would be some clouds painted on it.

Not saying that makes it completely ok, but it does address your "at least" comment.

We stayed at the GC in August and had a partial view of the park, specifically MM. I'm not sure the wall makes anything better. Personally, I didn't mind seeing the coaster anymore than I'd mind the wall. Its probably done more for the riders than the resort guests.

Having just stayed at GF I would request either a courtyard view or a Grizzly Peak view so I wouldnt have to look at it. Still it is better than not having anything there.

I read someplace that the wall has been erected as a noise barrier, so the screaming of people on the ride no longer affects people staying at the Grand Californian.

Mooobooks- After posting my comments, I also read somewhere that the noise was the issue, which makes more sense. We didn't comeback to our room until the park had closed, and woke up before the park opened, so we never even noticed a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter