A day away from DLP and Paris?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
So far, for a week long trip, I am planning:

2 Days DLP.
1 Day tour to Versailles.
1 Day tour Reims / Champagne region.
2 Days touring Paris.

Suggestions for the last vacant day. More Paris? A day trip to Brussels? A tour of a different region of France? Other ideas?

1. We are a party of 6
2. Our lodging is at DLP (they made me a deal I couldn't refuse)
3. So far the plan is to not have a car

All ideas greatly appreciated.

---Paul in Southern NJ

Take a rest day? It looks quite a busy schedule.

Otherwise, Brussels is easy to reach by train.
Or one RER stop from DLP is Val d'Europe with a shopping mall and La Vallee Village an outlet with discounted designer clothes and bags.
Or I would add another day in Paris or DLP, instead of rushing through it, spread it over 3 days.

I would transfer to Paris at some point and do 4+ nights there, if possible. It's a wonderful city and there are so many things to do and see that you can easily fill a couple of weeks.Also, Paris is more convenient for any non-DLP day as well. you've planned. Without a car reaching Versailles or Reim add the extra inconvenience of the 45 minutes trip to the city center first.

I would transfer to Paris at some point and do 4+ nights there, if possible. It's a wonderful city and there are so many things to do and see that you can easily fill a couple of weeks.Also, Paris is more convenient for any non-DLP day as well. you've planned. Without a car reaching Versailles or Reim add the extra inconvenience of the 45 minutes trip to the city center first.
Thanks...

I am already booked for DLP. They made me a deal I couldn't refuse.... 7 nights for the price of 4, with passes for the whole week. With that, if I get back from a tour by 7, with the park open till 11, I still have something to do in the evening if I wanted.

The 2 tours of Paris and the tour of Versailles both originate at DLP. I was planning a "private" tour for Reims/Champagne region will also start at DLP.

That change any of your suggestions?

thanks!

--Paul in Southern NJ

I am curious about your tour from Disneyland to Versailles. Could you tell me what tour company you are using? I have been unsuccessful in finding one. Thank you!

THank you for the link! When I previously contacted them they said they were no longer picking up at New York. I will try contacting them again.

THank you for the link! When I previously contacted them they said they were no longer picking up at New York. I will try contacting them again.
Good luck. When are you thinking of going? There are two versions of that tour listed on the lower part of the page.. Small Group and Private Tour.

When are you thinking of going?

My trip is next summer, so I have time to hear about the experiences of others :-)

---Paul in Southern NJ

We are going in early September. Really looking forward to it..... but the tours I have looked at have been price prohibitive.

We are going in early September. Really looking forward to it..... but the tours I have looked at have been price prohibitive.

I know... everything is so expensive there.

Did these tours help, or as you say, price prohibitive? I've started to take the attitude that if I'm going to jump in, I should do it with 2 feet. I don't plan on going back, at least for a long time, so I'll bite the bullet on the pricing. What choice do I have? It's either do things and pay the price or we all sit in the hotel room staring at each other! :chat:

---Paul in Southern NJ

Yikes... those are steep prices! But as people like to prefer convenience over price, the touring companies can ask what they want, there are always people who want to pay for it.

Look into do Versailles on your own. Even if you would take a taxi back and front, you could save money in comparison to the private tour.
160 euro taxi (I guess)
27 euro p/p entrance to the castle, incl. Audio guide
Or +10 euro p/p for guided tour (Not private)
30 euro p/p for lunch

And if you take the subway, you could take off 120 euro.

We just did the Reims Champagne tour it was one of our highlights. I would suggest using the extra hours to get on rides such as crushes coaster. We are are signature dining people in the US. We thought the food at DLP was awful. For us 1 day at DLP was enough for us. Very different than Orlando. We love everything about Pais.

We just did the Reims Champagne tour it was one of our highlights. I would suggest using the extra hours to get on rides such as crushes coaster. We are are signature dining people in the US. We thought the food at DLP was awful. For us 1 day at DLP was enough for us. Very different than Orlando. We love everything about Pais.

Thanks for the response.

Did you do the Reims tour from DLP or from Paris? Did you do it on your own or did you get use a tour company? If so, who? Aside from where you went on the tour, were you happy with the guide (if you had one)? Where do you visit in Reims?

Thanks!

---Paul in Southern NJ

We booked Parisvision from the Marriott timeshare. Our guide was good. We went to several wineries.

I'd suggest going to Versailles by RER instead of the taxi route. You'd save a lot of money that way and with traffic to go around Paris, the time saving could not be that much. Leaving at say 0825 in September, you'd be at the castle by 1000.

For your transit to and from Paris, skip the tourist oriented tickets and buy a Navigo card. An all zone weekly pass will take you to Paris and Versaille for 22.50 euros and is valid for a period of monday to sunday.

For Reims, I can't offer much help as a friend took us from Disney and drove us to Champagne. We visited a small winery, had lunch there and even went underground to see the cellars that tunnel all over the village. Surreal experience and surreal champagne prices! It was only 12.50 euro a bottle then when you bought it from the winery.

So far, for a week long trip, I am planning:

2 Days DLP.
1 Day tour to Versailles.
1 Day tour Reims / Champagne region.
2 Days touring Paris.

Suggestions for the last vacant day. More Paris? A day trip to Brussels? A tour of a different region of France? Other ideas?

1. We are a party of 6
2. Our lodging is at DLP (they made me a deal I couldn't refuse)
3. So far the plan is to not have a car

All ideas greatly appreciated.

---Paul in Southern NJ
Hi Paul,

I toured Versailles this week and no way I would go there without at least skip the line passes if not the guide. I think the price for our private guide and car service was worth every penny and you won’t regret it. The line to get in was over 3 hours in the sun with no cover. I loved our private guide and all the backstories and side entrance with almost no waiting. Have a great trip!

Hi Paul,

I toured Versailles this week and no way I would go there without at least skip the line passes if not the guide. I think the price for our private guide and car service was worth every penny and you won’t regret it. The line to get in was over 3 hours in the sun with no cover. I loved our private guide and all the backstories and side entrance with almost no waiting. Have a great trip!
Who did you use for your tour?

Who did you use for your tour?
We used Hidden Gems and they were amazing. We used them from Paris though and not Disneyland Paris. Please note we were told Versailles is always crazy busy and some of the rooms were a bit too crowded and uncomfortable for us. My kids were getting knocked around with backpacks. I asked is there ever a better time to come and was told January or February. The gardens are lovely though and have some cafes with drinks and food. We asked to expedite the castle and spend time in the gardens and they obliged and we were much happier in the gardens.

Another amazing tour is through Paris Muse their Louve treasure hunt. We had our 2 kids ages 7 and 9 and the guide was wonderful at keeping our attention. My kids actually wanted to stay longer they learned so much from her. Also the catacombs are fun, but buy your tickets on line before you go. They have a fast pass for catacombs and the normal line was 3 hours to get in. It only takes an hour or so with an audio guide but we all enjoyed that hour.

st mont michelle
versailles
wine country
chateau country
normande
monet's garden
and a whole other places I cannot remember

I'd recommend a day of just hanging out at the Disney resort. We spent two days in the parks and I would have loved another day of checking out the hotels and Disney village.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter