A couple of questions, its been a while!

map330

Earning My Ears
We are looking to go to Disney in a couple of months. We used to go regularly but haven't been since 2019 and I know a lot has changed

1) I know there is no more DME. What's the best method to get to Disney from the airport? MEARS? Car Service? Uber? Any reputable/affordable tips out there?

2) With Genie Plus, particularly the extra cost ones like Rise of Resistance, can one guest book for all in the party?

1. If needed, we would rent a car, so I am not much help on the other options.

2. If everyone is linked to your MDE, one person should be able to book for everyone.

I booked ILL for all in our party last time we went, as we're all linked on MDE. Can't help with transport as we always hire a car.

On our last few trips we have used Mears private car service. It is more expensive but we tend to arrive either very late at night or very early in the morning and it's nice to be able to get our luggage and go without waiting for anyone else that might be taking a shuttle. We use Mears instead of Uber because we need a car seat for DD and that's harder to get with Uber.

And, as others have said, as long as everyone in your travel party is linked then one person can book rides or dining for everyone in the group.

We've been using Mears Connect and it's pretty good and also easy. It's located in the same place and has the same setup as where DME used to be so I'm already mentally pre-programmed to go there. It's easy to book online and we get messages from them for pick-up at the resorts. They also pick up in pretty much the same place at resorts as DME used to.

Last time we used a car service and I think that spoiled us. We have not used Mears but may have to use it this summer do to the cost of the car service. So any opinions and information would help. Has anyone had a bad experience?

We now do rideshare as I don't care for the stopping at multiple resorts like the Mears buses do. If we didn't order our groceries for delivery, I'd opt for a town car service that does a grocery stop.

As for booking ILL/virtual queues, etc, I am the only one in our party who knows what to do so I'm the designated person who books all that.

Personally, I have had better luck with Lyft than Uber, but Lyft recently changed its categories, and it is somewhat misleading... Somehow a Toyota Corolla is luxury, and minivans and small SUVs are XL...

I have used Tiffany's Town Car twice, and it is good value for the service.

So long as everyone is link in the MDE app one person can book everyone....

Personally, I don't pay for the genie + / LL, mostly out of principle.

The VQ are a free part of the MDE app

Several threads talk about the various current transportation options from MCO. Partly depends on the size of your party, if you have any small children needing car seats and your budget. Some may stop at various resorts if transporting a bus load of people. Any car service that only has your family in the vehicle won't need to make other stops, but likely will cost more. If you plan to make a lot of other side trips while at Disney, a rental car is another option and may be more economical in total.

Mears is the closest thing to Magical Express. You meet in the same spot in the airport and the busses follow similar routes. You now book and pay for it through the Mears website, and you have to pick up your own luggage. With 2 or 3 people, the price is usually close enough to Uber or Lyft that I recommend using rideshare instead. It'll be much faster. There are also traditional taxis and plenty of private car companies. The private cars charge more, but the drivers will be waiting for you at the airport and can help with luggage. With a larger group, you can look at multiple rideshares or Mears.

For Genie+ and the individual attractions, one guest can book everyone. Make sure each person's account is linked in the app.

Mears is the closest thing to Magical Express. You meet in the same spot in the airport and the busses follow similar routes. You now book and pay for it through the Mears website, and you have to pick up your own luggage. With 2 or 3 people, the price is usually close enough to Uber or Lyft that I recommend using rideshare instead. It'll be much faster. There are also traditional taxis and plenty of private car companies. The private cars charge more, but the drivers will be waiting for you at the airport and can help with luggage. With a larger group, you can look at multiple rideshares or Mears.

For Genie+ and the individual attractions, one guest can book everyone. Make sure each person's account is linked in the app.
Mears was the magical express....
Magical was kinda a flexible subjective term....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter