A couple of questions about our recent trip

I think it has a lot to do with weight distribution and who was in the boat before you. I've only gotten wet in three parts of the ride (to varying degrees of wetness), but I have gotten wet and it's happened more often than not of late:

1. When you load into the boat. I've noticed that the seats are often wet and the channel often has standing water in it. We take paper towels/kleenex/napkins with us to try and soak up as much water as possible before sitting down. I have been on the ride several times when all of the napkins (about a half an inch thick stack) were soaked through. If the row was really full previously, this seems like less of an issue (they're bottoms probably absorbed most of the water)...

I try to make sure to grab a free plastic bag from Pieces of Eight before riding to place on the seat because I never seem to be able to soak up the water with however many napkins I have handy. The bag works better, especially if I'm dressed for swing dancing.

We went on Pirates twice a couple weeks ago & each time the entire boat got drenched on the first drop. Like a gallon bucket dumped straight on top of you and sloshing around in each row’s bench. I have never gotten more than a lil splish splash on the edges before so it was quite the surprise for our group to end up with soggy clothes after that one.
Yes!! Exactly what our experience was.

My daughter always gets wet on Pirates. Splash mountain we’ve came out with barely being touched by water or being completely soaked. I think it’s just all about the weight on each ride

Boring physics aside it has to do with total weight, weight distribution, and spacing between boats. Also you have to consider weight distribution left to right as well as front to back; if there's more weight on the side you're siting on the water doesn't have to go as high to land in the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter