A couple of Bay Lake Tower questions...

tundra1

Mouseketeer
We will be renting DVC points to stay at Bay Lake Towers. If we are renting points, do we have access to the fireworks viewing at the top of the building?
Also, do the 2 bedroom villas come with a travel crib or are they available at the time of check in?

Thank you!

If we are renting points, do we have access to the fireworks viewing at the top of the building?

No.

Also, do the 2 bedroom villas come with a travel crib or are they available at the time of check in?

Every unit will have a pack and play. If for any reason it's not there, you can go to the desk or housekeeping and request one. DO NOT try to call the front desk, as that goes to a call center and you will just get frustrated and sad.

you will not have access to the top of the world lounge on the top of Bay lake tower. That is restricted only for DVC members. However another excellent option is to go down the tunnel to the Contemporary, take the elevator at the Contemporary to in California grill, you can go through the California grill to an outside observation area they have on both sides of that restaurant. They even pipe in the music.

If you have a Magic Kingdom view, go out to your bacony to watch. Turn you TV to channel 105 and you can here the music for the fireworks. As for the California Grill, I don't think they will let you up the elevator unless you have a reservation for the California Grill. We tried once and they wouldn't let us up.

Note - many lakeview (room category you will likely get if renting points) and standard view rooms do have pretty decent views from the rooms, depending on your room request. Having now stayed in TPV, LV and std (2x), we've had fireworks views (some better than others, of course), every time. Ironically, our TPV stay was the one stay where we did NOT watch fireworks from our room. :(

We just stayed at a 2 bedroom (and LOVED it). There was a pack and play in the laundry room, but I didn't open it to see if came with sheets or not so maybe bring your own just in case. Unfortunately, only DVC members with their membership cards can go to the Top of the World Lounge.

We just stayed at a 2 bedroom (and LOVED it). There was a pack and play in the laundry room, but I didn't open it to see if came with sheets or not so maybe bring your own just in case. Unfortunately, only DVC members with their membership cards can go to the Top of the World Lounge.
Thank you so much! That will definitely save us the hassle of bringing our own Pack N' Play! I know it was wishful thinking to hope we could see the fireworks from up high, but I read something about seeing them via a stairwell or elevator?

Also, if we brought a blanket outside, could we just watch the fireworks from the Bay Lake grounds? pixiedust:

The windows by the elevators give great views! A lot of people stand along the walkway from BLT to the Contemporary to watch as well, but it would make me nervous holding a kid up so they could see since the halfway is solid and they wouldn't be able to see from the ground. (Yes, I'm THAT mom LOL) And I'm not sure about watching outside...you'd have to be in front of the resort and there's not really anywhere to sit around safely. It's all parking lot up until the walkway to MK.

Thank you so much! That will definitely save us the hassle of bringing our own Pack N' Play! I know it was wishful thinking to hope we could see the fireworks from up high, but I read something about seeing them via a stairwell or elevator?

Also, if we brought a blanket outside, could we just watch the fireworks from the Bay Lake grounds? pixiedust:
You'd be setting up that blanket on the parking lot.

The Contemporary 4th floor has a very small viewing area (get there early). If on the grounds, I’d take a seat on one if the benches outside or see what the view is like at an angle near the fire pit. You can also take the elevator to a higher floor and view from one of the hallway windows. You probably won’t get the full effect without music but, it’s a good view of MK.

The Contemporary 4th floor has a very small viewing area (get there early). If on the grounds, I’d take a seat on one of the benches outside or see what the view is like at an angle near the fire pit. You can also take the elevator to a higher floor, get out and view from one of the hallway windows. You probably won’t get the full effect without music but, it’s a good view of MK.

The windows by the elevators give great views! A lot of people stand along the walkway from BLT to the Contemporary to watch as well, but it would make me nervous holding a kid up so they could see since the halfway is solid and they wouldn't be able to see from the ground. (Yes, I'm THAT mom LOL) And I'm not sure about watching outside...you'd have to be in front of the resort and there's not really anywhere to sit around safely. It's all parking lot up until the walkway to MK.
Thank you! Yes, I am one of those moms too! MVMCP will be going on when we are there, so the little ones won't be awake at 11pm to see the fireworks anyway. But, I just can't resist a good fireworks show! Thanks for the info! 421408

The Contemporary 4th floor has a very small viewing area (get there early). If on the grounds, I’d take a seat on one of the benches outside or see what the view is like at an angle near the fire pit. You can also take the elevator to a higher floor, get out and view from one of the hallway windows. You probably won’t get the full effect without music but, it’s a good view of MK.

Yes, that will work! Thanks! pixiedust:

You'd be setting up that blanket on the parking lot.
Not such a good plan! Thanks for the info! It is so hard to try to plan something when you have never seen the place! The last time we were at WDW, Bay Lake Tower was not built. But a friend of ours is letting us use his extra points, and his home resort is BLT. I think if we book right at the 11 month mark and request a standard view with an even numbered room, we probably have a better chance of seeing at least part of them! 🤞:tigger:popcorn::

If for some reason you end up having enough points for a lake view, there is a section that is literally on the curve facing the tennis courts. The rooms might be primarily reserved for HHA but, if you can get close, they offer a partial fireworks view. The daytime view isn’t great bc of a laundry loading area but, if you’re high enough, that won’t impact much. You’d get the lake and cove to the right, Fireworks to the left. Angle chairs and voila!

The rooms might be primarily reserved for HHA but...

Sorry for my ignorance. What does HHA stand for?
Thanks!

Handicap Accessible? Or Hearing Handicap Accessible?
Oh. I did not even think of that! The Hearing Handicap Accessible rooms I am fine with. The roll in showers drive me crazy because of the water that gets everywhere. I wonder if there is a diagram of the rooms that are like that so I could request not to be assigned one of those rooms.

When staying in a 2br with a lake view, you need to request low numbered rooms, rooms ending in 02 and 12 are dedicated 2br. 04 and 06 are one lockoff, and 08 and 10 aare the second lockoff. All of these rooms I would consider partial theme park views.

When staying in a 2br with a lake view, you need to request low numbered rooms, rooms ending in 02 and 12 are dedicated 2br. 04 and 06 are one lockoff, and 08 and 10 aare the second lockoff. All of these rooms I would consider partial theme park views.
I really want a dedicated 2 bedroom, that has the 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. That way all the adults will be on a real bed. Is there a way to request that? Or is the second bed in the studio rooms still as comfortable as a regular queen bed?
:scratchin

I really want a dedicated 2 bedroom, that has the 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. That way all the adults will be on a real bed. Is there a way to request that? Or is the second bed in the studio rooms still as comfortable as a regular queen bed?
:scratchin
Dedicated vs. lock off are booking categories not requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter