A couple newbie questions

amandaleigh2

Mouseketeer
We are going to be in the parks next Sunday and Monday with 2-day park hoppers. Both days are early entry into DCA at 7am, which we do not qualify for. My plan was to start at DL right at 8 when it opens. Trying to set out a rough touring plan. It's me, my husband, and 9 and 5 year old boys. We've been to WDW several times, but this is our first trip to DL.

1. We want to be near the front of the line to get into DL. If we get to security by about 7, 7:15, will most of the people doing early entry into DCA be through security or will we be facing a long wait?

2. We bought MaxPass. Most of the rides we want to do are in DL, but everyone is really excited to try RSR. Should I pull a fastpass for this right away and then try to do as many rides as we can in DL before our return time comes up for RSR?

3. Any other tips for using Maxpass? Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain are a priority in DL. Soarin, Toy Story and RSR are a priority in CA. Will return times for these rides run out pretty early? This is the part of our trip giving me the most anxiety. I'm just not sure how to optimize our use of Maxpass.

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

1. Only DL hotel guests are eligible for EMH, so they don’t impact security much if you’re parking or walking from Harbor. If you’re at security at 7, you’re in good shape for an 8am opening.

2 and 3: See here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...view-and-some-strategy.3726246/#post-60074882

Keep an eye on RSR return times. If you can knock out a couple of DL FPs before grabbing RSR, that’s ideal. I’d grab something like Space Mountain or Indiana Jones with an 8:30 return after you scan in, and then at 8:30, book something else with a quick return, and then maybe even a third on the DL side - just keep watching RSR to make sure you grab it before it’s gone!

Given that next Sun and Mon is part of a three day weekend, it does seem likely that the crowds will be pretty good sized. Along with keeping an eye on RSR, I would also keep an eye on TSMM because that's a pretty popular ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter