A Copper Creek Christmas Composition | Pre-Trip Report (PTR) Nov '19

yesdnil

#momlife
Hello!

This is my first ever pre-trip report, and I'm getting my bearings, so please bear with me through probably several edits!

Personal Background
My name is Lindsey and I'm a 32yo mom and disabled Army veteran from central Texas, near Austin. I'm a big fan of books, movies, and music, but who isn't? I grew up on a cattle ranch, got a bachelor's degree in English and Sociology from The University of Texas, and joined the US Army in my mid-twenties. I've been married to my husband for about 5 years now (we met in the military), and we have one infant daughter. I want a big family, but still working on getting DH on board with that plan. :upsidedow

28563257218_08a8d0bcfe_z.jpg

My little family at Magic Kingdom, May 2018

I visited WDW for the first time with my family as a teenager in 2000 and I can't believe it's been almost 2 decades already! I've been to Disneyland 4 times and WDW 6 times (I think? Maybe 7? My brain's not working).

This November 2019 trip will be the first Disney trip that I'll be the primary planner on, so I'm very excited!

General Trip Idea
We will be staying at Copper Creek Villas for 8 nights in mid-November for a laid-back family holiday trip.

Travel Party
The travelers include myself (Lindsey, will be 33yo), DH (Kyle, 27yo), DD (Natalie, 2yo), and my parents (Dan, 62yo, and Val, 58yo)

Previous Resorts
On previous WDW trips, we've stayed off-site, Saratoga Springs, and several times each at Boardwalk and Beach Club. At DL, we've stayed off-site and at Grand Californian. Our favorite park is Epcot, and we're spoiled by the International Gateway! It's going to be weird not being able to walk into the parks.

Some Perks
- As a permanently disabled veteran, I'm able to get discounted rates on park tickets and airfare.
- We are new members of DVC and this'll be our first time staying in a suite rather than a standard room.
- Without school-age kids, we can visit at non-peak season.

Some Challenges
- My Dad and I are mobility-limited due to multiple health problems. On our last trip, I used my personal manual wheelchair and he used his walker, but we both struggled. Realistically, we will need power chairs or ECVs for park days.
- My daughter will be 2 years old. On our last trip, I wore her in a sling, but this was too hard on my back and I definitely won't be able to wear a toddler. We also had some rough encounters, particularly with transportation, carrying a baby while in a wheelchair. I understand the safety implications, but how do they expect disabled mothers to get around? I know I'm not the only one in this situation. We will likely bring a lightweight stroller for her.
- My husband is transitioning into a new job in the next few months, and we don't yet know what their vacation policies will be. Hopefully, planning over a year out will be sufficient!

Tentative Schedule
Wednesday - Arrive early afternoon, check-in, and leisurely explore the resort grounds if our suite isn't ready. Either pick up groceries or arrange grocery delivery. After unpacking, possibly attend a dinner show. Go to bed early.
Thursday - Epcot at rope drop, ride a couple rides in Future World until World Showcase opens. Then slowly meander across World Showcase end to end, exploring every single shop and picking up lots of snacks and treats as we go. This is our favorite part of WDW, so we want to be able to take our time.
Friday - Resort time, or maybe Disney Springs in the morning. Hopefully, we'll be able to get in Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party that evening!
Saturday - Avoid the crowds and spend the whole day at our resort. Pool time, naptime, and probably a nice dinner at Artist Point (yum!)
Sunday - Animal Kingdom at rope drop, try to see some animals while they're out in the morning. I hate fighting weekend crowds in the parks, but I'm hoping all the weekend visitors are busy at the (fingers crossed) newly opened Star Wars: Galaxy Edge, leaving AK more open. Hopefully, lunch reservations at Tiffin's or Tusker House (haven't been to either).
Monday - Hollywood Studios! For sure, we'll enjoy our first time exploring Toy Story Land, and unless the opening gets delayed, we will spend plenty of time in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. We might take a midday hotel break, especially if crowds are building.
Tuesday - Magic Kingdom at rope drop. Lots of pictures, Mickey waffles, every little ride in Fantasyland. We'll try to squeeze in everything we missed at the party.
Wednesday - Full, leisurely day at Epcot. We'll buy all the fun souvenirs we've been eyeing. Probably a nice lunch or early dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse for our final night of vacation.
Thursday - Pack up, checkout, and then resort hop (probably on the monorail loop) until it's time to say goodbye and head home.

Looking forward to sharing the planning process as it comes, and there'll be links below when that happens!

Last edited:
I love your details above! And thank you for serving our country so that I can live freely in a safe place! <3 Keep posting your details as you plan - I'd love to see how you plan this out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!