a cm's refillable mug explanation

aalan

Mouseketeer
i sent an email to guest relations expressing my dissapointment that a barcode system may be in the works for the refillable mugs at the resorts. i did receive an email from disney, asking me to send my phone #, and a cm would contact me. so i thought, why not? after a couple of weeks, a cm named "kathy" left a message on my answering machine to the effect of " disney is only using the barcode system in the waterparks, and has no intention of implementing the policy at the resorts. its just a rumour that they wish would stop. also, my email was being forwarded to the higher-ups at dizney, and all emails and letters are replied to a.s.a.p." i wish i had been home to take the call, but thought everyone would find this bit of news interesting.

I got an email resonpse saying
the mugs are good for your current trip only and were not
intended for a lifetime supply of drinks. so i wouldnt be surprised
if they did something.

So what is their current policy then???? Can you use your mugs from previous trips??? I was under the impression that you could???

Ona ;)

The official policy as stated in many emails and on signs at resort food courts is that refillable mugs are good for the length of your stay.

someone just posted in the DVC forum that they returned from a trip a couple weeks ago at BCV. The Beaches and Cream CM told them the mug was refillable for their lifetime but that policy was currently under review. They got the same response a second time from a different CM. However, signs were up at AS resorts saying that refills were for length of stay only. It is inevitable, all resorts will eventually stop advertising lifetime refills.

not sure it really matters, just got back from AS resort and notice while there for 6 days that every time I went for a refill, someone would be refilling just any cup or container they had with them. Now of course they seemed to enter, fill up, and exit quickly but the staff never said anything to them even when standing 2 feet away. I could see them implementing some way to monitor this.

Josh

Why don't they keep the barcodes off of the mugs & just change the designs once a year?

I personally don't think the refillable mug concept was to provide guests with free drinks forever. :rolleyes:

I just don't get the great debate on the other forums....I've got mugs and more mugs....never thinking that my mug was re-useable again and again......that's just plain ol' ridiculus.

it is cheaper to put a barcode then change a design they might
get stuck with lots of old cups every year.
but it sure would be nice.
:wave:

Beachangel, would you find it plain ol' ridiculous if your were told by a CM (or even a manager) when you purchased the mugs that you COULD, in fact, bring them back in the future and use them? Many folks were told this over the years, including me.

Posted by gcurling: Beachangel, would you find it plain ol' ridiculous if your were told by a CM (or even a manager) when you purchased the mugs that you COULD, in fact, bring them back in the future and use them? Many folks were told this over the years, including me.

No, I would find it AMAZING...that would be the great return on a ten dollar investment.

I was never told what you were over the years by a CM (or even a manager)....in fact it never occurred to me, or my family, to ask if the refillable mugs were good for a lifetime of free drinks..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter