~~ A Celebration of Life-long friendship ~~ Sew Sweet 16 ~~ Now N' Thens 3/11

I always love your trip reports, especially as a Mom who has done Disney a few times with my two daughters on girls' only trips. :-) And your bags are just amazing! You're so talented. I'm excited that you have another trip in the works, it sounds like, and I'm so glad you and your girls and your BFF and her daughter all had a great time. :-)

Sounds like a lot of stress traveling around to get everywhere you wanted on your departure day.

How great that you cleaned out your closet and donated a lot of clothes.

I don't like this
giphy.gif

Not one single bit.

tumblr_m3h3npyomI1rr434go1_500.gif

thankfully i know things... I loved your report as always and i am so glad to hear it strengthened your friendship bond...

Awww, it's over. I feel like pouting too. Especially since I could use a dose of Disney right about now. Work - oy vey. Many Many things not so hot/extremely busy.

Anyway - looking forward to seeing the now & thens.

BooHoo it's over the epic super sweet 16 celebration. Yah on an upcoming PTR can't wait to hear what's in the works. Hope you have a great day!
Jane

Okay, so it's been, what? several months since I've been on the DIS. I barely recognized it with the new format! Who am I kidding, I didn't know where to go or what to do. So I take it I missed the last of your report. I will try to go back and read everything soon. Is the trip people are talking about the EPIC one or did you wear Josh down for another trip with the girls? I saw your latest bag on Facebook and it was fabulous! You continue to amaze me with your talent. So, now to go back and read….

Awww what a great wrap up. I have been way behind in my reading but glad I caught up here this morning. Weather here in MD lately has been ugly, lots of small snow and ice storms. I have a nice delay for work and kids get a day off from school today, due to ice!

So since I haven't read all the way back, did I see something about another PTR in the works? Can't wait!

I have spent the last week changing up our upcoming July trip. We are now splitting our time between a studio at the new Polynesian DVC and a 1BR villa at Bay Lake Tower. So excited! Our first July in Florida and hope we do as well as you did for your August trip!

Thanks for taking the time to catch up. :) I am glad you enjoyed it.

I know - weather around the nation has been quite ugly lately... Sad. Today is supposed to be our last day in the really deep cold... It's supposed to warm into the 40s this weekend and 50s next week... :woohoo: Capris/flip flops/tanning weather!

Yes, I will be starting another PTR as soon as I finish this one up.

Oooh - that sounds absolutely wonderful!!! How FUN! July will be HOT - make no mistake of that... make sure you plan a couple of water park/pool days. :thumbsup2

It's funny but December was the first time I've ever walked through the new BTMR queue too. I've always done FP for it in the past.

Gaston is always so much fun to meet! He is a bit of a bully though, isn't he?

Sleeping on a bench in Tomorrowland. But seriously, sometimes you just need to listen to your body.

Yum, BOG! I want to go back there so badly right now!

Awww, last days are so sad but what a nice way to finish it off with breakfast at O'Hana. Mom and I loved our breakfast there last October.

Sad that this one is almost over but happy that you have something up your sleeve for another PTR! I would seriously miss your daily updates if you didn't have a thread going. I don't always have something to say but I always enjoy reading them!

Yah - the que was kind of cute... I enjoyed it. But glad it moved fast.

He is such a bully... But you are right - he is so much fun to meet.

Yes... And my body wasn't going anywhere further that day. I am glad I took the time to rest - I know my body was thankful for it.

It was a great breakfast for our last morning... I can't recall ever doing that before... It was kind of a nice relaxing send-off. :thumbsup2 And I always enjoy breakfast at 'Ohana anyways.

I do have something up my sleeve... ::yes::

Thanks for continuing to follow along Ariana... I know I have yet to get to your TR... I am almost done here - then I will go hide in the PTR section again... So, I will be catching up everywhere then.

Also.....I am very glad to know you have had at least one trip (two even!) on the monorail that wasn't delayed. Kinda nervous about this for Nov. Will you be pissed at me if I send you on a separate monorail than Bradey and I?? Hoping your bad monorail mojo doesn't rub off on us ;

Hahaha... I honestly don't blame you! I always say a little prayer every time I board it now.

Sounds like you had an amazing trip.

We did - thanks! I am so happy I was able to share it all here!

I'll be there!

Awesome!

Good afternoon D - I haven't PM you in a while - I cannot figure out how to do so with the new Dis - and it won't let me into your profile - it says it is blocked - can I email you directly? I still have your email address.

I loved your last day and wrap up. The Pooh and Tigger stuffies are so cute together, and then peeking out of the backpacks. Awww. Your Mickey waffles made me very hungry over here. Love the pic of O and Stitch. And my sweet Pluto with Allison - too cute!

Anyway, so loved seeing all the magic through your TR - thanks for taking the time to share. So glad the trip was a success and more. I cannot wait for your PTR with Allison's Senior trip! Please keep us updated on your beautiful bags.

Take care! Hope your Dad is doing well. I put a little card in the mail to him. Hugs and prayers, Carol

It was such a fun day - I really enjoyed all of it! We werea ble to get so much done!

Yes!!! I am very excited to get that PTR started... She is planning that whole trip - so much of the info there will be dependant on her planning. I am just the lucky one that gets to pay for it. LOL

My dad is doing well - thanks for asking... I will be visiting him for a little while tomorrow night.

Feel free to email me Carol... Thanks for stopping by - as usual, it's great to see you!

So sad that the trip is over, but was so thankful to follow along and share with you.
Looking forward to your PTR. Hope Alli is feeling better.
Blizzard?! I don't know how much more we can deal with here. It snowed yesterday, and they are predicting more for tomorrow.
So much going on here and just not enough time to get it all done.
Looking forward to your next adventure.

Have a wonderful day!

Thanks Lynee - It was great to have you here and reading along.

Alli is doing better - thanks for asking.

The blizzard wasn't too bad, it was worse west of us.

I know the feeling - it's been insane here too!

YOu too! :)

I always love your trip reports, especially as a Mom who has done Disney a few times with my two daughters on girls' only trips. :-) And your bags are just amazing! You're so talented. I'm excited that you have another trip in the works, it sounds like, and I'm so glad you and your girls and your BFF and her daughter all had a great time.

Thanks! I know - these memories with the girls are the ones I will cherish the most, we had so much fun! My only regret is that we didn't start them sooner.

I am excited too... but I am not all that excited to pay for it. LOL These trips are getting more and more expensive... It's very difficult for a family to swing it these days.

Thanks so much for following along! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a lot of stress traveling around to get everywhere you wanted on your departure day.

How great that you cleaned out your closet and donated a lot of clothes.

It was stressful - but it wasn't bad. We were running ahead of schedule. I will admit - I was very relieved to be back at FQ though.

It's such a relief to have my closet cleaned out! Now I just need to haul it to Goodwill.

Awwww it CAN'T be over, can it? Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Sadly - yes... but it was a great trip! And I am so happy I was able to share it here!

I don't like this
giphy.gif

Not one single bit.

tumblr_m3h3npyomI1rr434go1_500.gif

thankfully i know things... I loved your report as always and i am so glad to hear it strengthened your friendship bond...

Hahaha.... I know things too. ::yes::

Have a missed a link to a new PTR?

Nope - not yet... I've just been busy and haven't done my replies for a few days. Sorry about that.

Sad that the trip report is over, but looking forward to hearing about the next one.

Me too... I am also excited to get started on the next one. Alli is planniing it - the only part I get to do is the paying for it. LOL

BooHoo it's over the epic super sweet 16 celebration. Yah on an upcoming PTR can't wait to hear what's in the works. Hope you have a great day!
Jane

Thanks Jane! You too! I am glad you were here and following along!

Okay, so it's been, what? several months since I've been on the DIS. I barely recognized it with the new format! Who am I kidding, I didn't know where to go or what to do. So I take it I missed the last of your report. I will try to go back and read everything soon. Is the trip people are talking about the EPIC one or did you wear Josh down for another trip with the girls? I saw your latest bag on Facebook and it was fabulous! You continue to amaze me with your talent. So, now to go back and read….

Hi Lois! You haven't missed much and the new Dis may look different, but it's formatted exactly the same. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is the emoticons... I do them all from memory - I can't find the little menu that allows you to add them? :confused:

I hope you are able to figure it out enough to finish up the last of my TR... And Mo's too.

They are all EPIC - aren't they? LOL No, I didn't wear Josh down - sadly... No more girls trips for us. :(

Thanks for stopping by Lois - it's wonderful to see you! :hug:

****************************************************************************************

Sorry I haven't stopped by in a few days - It's been a little bit busy here.

Working upstairs/Target/more working upstairs...

Lots of Dr. appts this week...

I had my yearly physical yesterday... I've recently been having some chest pain, which has really scared me. I was very worried about my health and my exam... I described the pain to my Dr. and she ordered an EKG... But after doing my physical exam and listening to my heart... She said that I am the "picture of perfect health" and feels that my chest pain is just due to "chest wall pain" and nothing to do with my heart. She said it is very normal for women to experience this type of pain. She did add that if it persists that I should go back in for further testing... but she said my diet/exercise/body composition is so excellent, she is not worried at all. So, that was a HUGE weight lifted off of my shoulders. Otherwise, my Dr was super impressed with my health and how I've been taking care of myself... She said "very rarely does anyone follow through like you have..." So that was cool to hear. I've only lost 27 lbs since my physical exactly one year ago, but I am moving in the right direction in a slow and deliberate pace - which is all I ask for. It really was a great visit and I am still so happy about it.

Today is also a crazy day... The girls have conferences tonight... On top of that, Alli has a group project and a babysitting job for one of her teachers... She we will be shuttling her all over this evening.

Tomorrow is even crazier, as the girls have their yearly physicals...

Then, Gus is meeting us here and we are headed to my Dad's, then to my foster-parent's house for the weekend. It's that time, I guess - for Gus to meet the family. The girls and I are really looking forward to it though -we always have a great time out there.

Josh will be staying home with MM... MM really isn't a "barn dog" which is where he would have to stay out there...

So, I probably won't be checking in much over the next few days. But I will come back with a few real life photos for you all. ::yes::

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

You don't have to be sorry for not replying here for a few days. I understand that there are many things happening in your life and that you don't have the time to come to the DIS.

I was just wondering if you had started to write daily updates in a new thread and that I was missing it.

How great that your doctor appointment went well. I'm so happy for you.

Have a great weekend at your foster-parents and at your dad.

My daughter has had chest wall pain, too. It really scared us and we were grateful to know it wasn't something serious. Did the doctor give you any suggestions for it?

You don't have to be sorry for not replying here for a few days. I understand that there are many things happening in your life and that you don't have the time to come to the DIS.

I was just wondering if you had started to write daily updates in a new thread and that I was missing it.

How great that your doctor appointment went well. I'm so happy for you.

Have a great weekend at your foster-parents and at your dad.

No worries - I will definitely post the link here when I start at new PTR. :thumbsup2

Yes - it was such a relief, I was so nervous about that chest pain.

Thanks - you too!

My daughter has had chest wall pain, too. It really scared us and we were grateful to know it wasn't something serious. Did the doctor give you any suggestions for it?

Yes - it is so scary! No, not really... I didn't even think to ask. Did your dd's Dr. give her any suggestions?

Oooh, sounds like a fun weekend. Has Gus met your Dad yet?? I want to meet him too!!

It will be a fun weekend. No, he hasn't met my dad... He has met Josh's Mom and Step-dad, also Brian/Myrthe/Thomas when they were here - all very briefly, because Allison and Gus weren't dating at that point... Otherwise - I don't think he has met any other family? So, this should be an interesting weekend for him. LOL

I had a great sewing room day yesterday - I made lots of progress on my current bag... It looks amazing! I am super happy with the applique!

Last night was conferences for the girls... Sigh. Allison is doing very well, especially considering how much school she has missed recently with being sick. V - OTOH - grrrr... If she would just turn. in. her. homework. Seriously - that kid. So, guess who is grounded from everything? I am tempted not to let her go to Grandma and Grandpa's this weekend - I have not decided yet. Guaranteed, if she goes (or if she doesn't) - she will be spending the weekend doing homework. :( There will be NO fun involved at all.

Today is quite crazy...

Allison had a sleep over for a group project...

I have a fasting bloodwork draw this morning... So, no coffee for D~...

Then the girls have their yearly physicals right after my blood draw.

I have to stop at Target, the bank, the gas station then lunch at Chipotle... If I have time, I want to have my nails done... And I'll probably sneak in a Starbucks run too...

We have to come home and pack up the car... I believe Allison still needs to pack in general.

When Gus arrives, we are outta here... Gonna try to make it north of the Cities before evening rush hour... It's gonna be close.

We'll stop to visit at my dad's for a little while.

Then hopefully make it out to my Foster-parent's in time for a not-too-late dinner.

Phew!

So, I hope all of you have a nice weekend!

Prayers and good thoughts to all! :grouphug:

D~

Hope you have fun this weekend!

V sounds a lot like my Brother. He was two years behind me in school and struggled a lot. He is very bright and could have done well but just could not apply himself. He (kind of jokingly) blames it on me because I was such a goody two-shoes and got straight A's. He said I set the bar too high and he couldn't compete so he went the complete opposite direction. :rotfl: Seriously though, V may be feeling some pressure from being the second daughter though that school.

I hope you have a great weekend!!! dang kids! Matt just had a detention for missing homework too. I don't know how that would happen as ALL THREE have the exact same homework?!?!

I had a great sewing room day yesterday - I made lots of progress on my current bag... It looks amazing! I am super happy with the applique!

Really now...

How great that Alli is doing well at school even when she is sick. I'm sorry to hear that V isn't doing that well at school.
Have a safe and great trip to your dad and foster-parents :)

Have a good visit with your dad and foster family.
My daughter was like that too. She's very smart but didn't like homework. Luckily she straightened out and did well her senior year and in college.
I had an early shift today. It's strange being home in the evening. I've been closing a lot since two people retired. They haven't been able to find replacements yet. Hopefully they will soon.
Have a good weekend.
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!