A Cause For Celebration: A Wedding, A Marathon & A 30th Birthday - January 2018 Update:12/28

What a sweet party! Your pictures with little Isabella are precious!! And I love your cake <3

That's really neat how you've kind of fallen into a Jim Shore collection. I didn't know these existed. They're really beautiful little figurines. I checked out the website, and there are some that I was really drawn to.

I found your pictures on Michelle's Facebook page - stunning! I love your dress, and I'm sure I've mentioned it before but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Disney dog shoes! You and Zach look so happy :lovestruc

Aw thanks! I'm getting ready to announce it to the extended family so uh, wish me luck! Dun dun duhhhh...

Your party looks awesome! I had a Disney Princess cake at my high school graduation ;) I love the Jim Shore figurines! I have a couple. I've never seen the engagement one before! Isabella is just too dang cute :)

I'm a little late to the party here but had fun catching up. The kittys you helped save are so precious! Your engagement parties looked so fun.

I was directed here from @MeghanEmily 's thread. :)

Last edited:
They had a Polaroid camera to take pictures with, and while cute personally I'd rather just use my phone :rotfl:

How did I not know this was here?

I'll be back later after I've caught up!

Welcome! I really need to start reading your Disneyland TR!

What a sweet party! Your pictures with little Isabella are precious!! And I love your cake <3

That's really neat how you've kind of fallen into a Jim Shore collection. I didn't know these existed. They're really beautiful little figurines. I checked out the website, and there are some that I was really drawn to.

I loved the cake too! I brought the princesses from the top of the cake home with me and they are now sitting on a shelf in our dining room :)

Some of the Jim Shore stuff is really gorgeous, I love the three I now have :love:

Aw thanks! I'm getting ready to announce it to the extended family so uh, wish me luck! Dun dun duhhhh...

Your party looks awesome! I had a Disney Princess cake at my high school graduation ;) I love the Jim Shore figurines! I have a couple. I've never seen the engagement one before! Isabella is just too dang cute :)

I saw your picture on the Facebook group of how you're announcing your wedding to your extended family - it's perfect!

Luke's family actually sent us to pick up the cake, and the lady at the store was so concerned - she said she made the princess cake, then saw that it said to write "Happy Engagement" on it - she honestly thought it was a mistake because most of the engagement cakes they make do not involve Disney hahaha.

I have no idea where my mom found the engagement Jim Shore, but I love it! I'm considering bringing it with us to Florida so our photographer can get pictures of our rings with it...

I'll post a link on my PTR and PJ!

I'll be waiting to read this and see more pictures from your big day!

I'm a little late to the party here but had fun catching up. The kittys you helped save are so precious! Your engagement parties looked so fun.

I was directed here from @MeghanEmily 's thread. :)

Welcome! Thanks @MeghanEmily for a new follower!

I need to post recent pictures of the kittens, they have gotten so big!

Awwwww, love this whole sweet visit and little party. And the best news of all, a little princess for your flower girl!! So precious.

Awwwww, love this whole sweet visit and little party. And the best news of all, a little princess for your flower girl!! So precious.

I've already bought her flower girl dress (I need to take pictures of the things I've bought for the wedding and post them in here!). I didn't go traditional with a little white dress, instead she'll be wearing royal blue (to match my Converse!).

I'm not really a PTR reader, but wanted to make a couple of comments:

Thanks for reading my PTR, even though you don't typically read these!

Also - have eaten at the Urban Diner in you home city? I had the most amazing turkey poutine ever there. Mmmm....

So close! Must have been a difficult decision.

Well, I do love them both.

But what do you think??????

He's good. It's nice to have someone as into Disney as I am to plan with... most night while walking our dogs we talk Disney, and we are huge nerds who love making lists - favourite rides from all 6 US parks, favourite rides from (insert park name), best themed ride, least favourite land in a park, restaurants we still haven't tried but want to, etc.

The bridal party didn't all follow my vision exactly, but they all bought Converse-brand shoes they will wear again, so I guess I'm ok with it.

OMG I love that Disney Princess cake. That is awesome.

(Also, your new niece is super cute!)

I thought it was super cute too! They wouldn't tell us what they ordered for a cake, but they made us go pick it up ourselves. Apparently, Luke's brother-in-law wanted to order the Ariel cake, but Luke's sister veto'd it for the Princess one haha.

Yeah, we kind of like her :love::love:

Also - have eaten at the Urban Diner in you home city? I had the most amazing turkey poutine ever there. Mmmm....

Well..... Winnipeg's population is about 700,000 and there are about 37,000,000,000 restaurants (or so it seems!)
I've not only not been there... I've never even heard of it!
According to Google, though, it's permanently closed now.

He's good. It's nice to have someone as into Disney as I am to plan with... most night while walking our dogs we talk Disney, and we are huge nerds who love making lists - favourite rides from all 6 US parks, favourite rides from (insert park name), best themed ride, least favourite land in a park, restaurants we still haven't tried but want to, etc.

:) Good!

Well..... Winnipeg's population is about 700,000 and there are about 37,000,000,000 restaurants (or so it seems!)

There are a lot of restaurants there! I think Google is telling you about their old location on Osbourne (which was pretty close to where Luke's sister and brother in law live, but it was relocated somewhere else - I don't know Winnipeg neighbourhoods...). I tried googling it, and I'm also getting Permanently Closed - but I just ate there in September! I'll try and track down the address for you :)

I guess it would help if I actually gave you the correct name for it :rotfl2:. It's called the Village Diner, it's on Sargent. Here's the menu: https://www.zomato.com/winnipeg-mb/the-village-diner-west-end/menu#tabtop

Luke orders the Elvis just about every time we go, I had the Club Mansion and we shared the turkey poutine. Delicious!

There are a lot of restaurants there! I think Google is telling you about their old location on Osbourne (which was pretty close to where Luke's sister and brother in law live, but it was relocated somewhere else - I don't know Winnipeg neighbourhoods...). I tried googling it, and I'm also getting Permanently Closed - but I just ate there in September! I'll try and track down the address for you :)

I guess it would help if I actually gave you the correct name for it :rotfl2:. It's called the Village Diner, it's on Sargent. Here's the menu: https://www.zomato.com/winnipeg-mb/the-village-diner-west-end/menu#tabtop

Luke orders the Elvis just about every time we go, I had the Club Mansion and we shared the turkey poutine. Delicious!

:laughing:
Yes, that would make a difference!
But haven't eaten there either. We tend to not go to the West End very often. Not the best of neighborhoods anymore.

And..... The Elvis.... Good Lord!

:laughing:
Yes, that would make a difference!
But haven't eaten there either. We tend to not go to the West End very often. Not the best of neighborhoods anymore.

And..... The Elvis.... Good Lord!

Haha, I saw some interesting people walking by while we were there, but I still highly recommend trying it!

Engagement Photo Session #1

We are bringing our own Photographer with us from Canada for our Disney wedding, and she is awesome. Melissa and I were roommates for awhile, and she was there for the really early stages of mine and Luke's relationship. Included with our wedding package was an engagement session, which we did back in August (I've just been terrible about updating this post haha). We are actually going for a second engagement photo session in a few weeks when we are in Anaheim with a different photographer (we love our photos from Melissa, but we've been wanting Disneyland pictures for awhile and I found a great local photographer through the Disney Bride Facebook group - I'll be sure to share those once we get them back!).

Anyways, here are some of my favourites from our shoot with Melissa :)
1908191248.jpg 1908191251.jpg 1908191510BW.jpg 1908191657BW.jpg 1908195844aBW.jpg 1908200448.jpg 1908200608.jpg 1908192627.jpg 1908192827.jpg
-PAXP-deijE.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!