A Bug’s Land at California Adventure to Close on September 4th

dina444444

DIS Veteran
Back in March, the Disneyland Resort announced that a new superhero themed land would be coming to Disney California Adventure in 2020. The new land will include Guardians of the Galaxy-Mission: Breakout!, but will also expand in the area that is currently “a bug’s land.”

Today, the Disney Parks Blog confirmed that the final day for “a bug’s land” will be September 4th.

Flik’s Flyers is set to be transformed into Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind on Pixar Pier, but the future use of the other attractions unknown.

An opening date (or name) for the new superhero land has not been announced.

Source

I’m sad about this because we’re going on September 8 and my 3.5 year old would’ve liked A Bug’s Land. There’s not much for little kiddos to do at DCA without it.

Our family is going to miss bugs land!!!! We start our trips there every time. My DD is almost 8 now buts still begs to ride the ladybugs... Thankfully we’re getting one last trip in before it’s gone.

They should just move it to toon town and rename it
noooo. Im sorry, but i very much dislike that ride and many others in Bugs land.I think the only one i like is not a ride but where the kids can get a bit wet. It is on the same list as Nemo. The do not ride list.

Will be sorry to see Bugs go! :guilty: Especially the splash area...such a nice break from the crowds and a bit of whimsical fun in the middle of a hot day.
That said, DS is DYING for the superhero area to open! :charac4: LOL! So many changes to the parks these days...

noooo. Im sorry, but i very much dislike that ride and many others in Bugs land.I think the only one i like is not a ride but where the kids can get a bit wet. It is on the same list as Nemo. The do not ride list.

I agree I hate it as well as bugs land. Glad it will be gone. Just making a suggestion for folks that love it

I'm SO glad this will be open for our trip at the end of August. I want my 2-year-old to experience Bug's Land one more time before it gets torn down. I love the theming of that land. So cute.

Sad to see it go. Love to walk through it. Love all the details.
DH even built us a popsicle stick bench for our yard.
DGD loved all the rides

One of the only closures I’m not sad about as I’m VERY excited to see what Disney does for Marvel Land (I’m not biased against little kid areas, if Toontown was closed like in WDW I would be devastated!).

I never spent much time there since my kids are adults, but I'm going to miss walking through BL during EMH when cutting from RSR to ToT. It was empty and quiet at that time of day and I loved the 'soundtrack' of the bug's chirps and buzzes. I especially loved the noises and voices in the bathroom!

I’m glad we got to experience it one last time this week. We went through and rode everything and said good bye.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter