A Bridal Party Goes to DISNEYLAND

Lindsay22

DIS Veteran
A trip to Disneyland 11-1-06 (sorry my TR is so late...)
The idea for this trip came about almost 2 years ago..

The Cast:
ME princess: 24 year old Disney fanatic. Been to WDW, but never DL
DBF Jon pirate: Groomsman 25 year old who puts up with my love of Disney because he secretly loves it too!
Brian :cool2: Groomsman 25 year old who has been to Disney once or twice in his life. He is DBF's roomate. (they share a room... it's a litte close :crowded: )
Lou: :thumbsup2 Groomsman 24 year old who doesn't get too excited about anything. These guys are all friends from elementary school.
Jess :cutie: Brian's girlfriend 23 year old.
Steve :groom: The Groom
Kristine: :bride: The Bride

The backstory: Steve and Kristine met in college. Kristine is from southern Cali and Steve is from NJ. They fell in love :love: and got engaged. Kristine decided that she would move to NJ and they would have their wedding in Cali. I decided that I would not be attending the wedding unless we could go to Disneyland because I had never seen it. So we decide that we would spend two days with the mouse before the wedding stuff began.

Our flight arrived in LA at about 10am. They showed the movie Cars on the plane and Brian and Lou absolutely loved it! We picked up our cars, called Steve and Kristine (they flew in a few days earlier to deal with some wedding stuff) and went to our hotel. By the time we got to the hotel Steve and Kristine were there already waiting for us. It was too early to check in so we prechecked and prepared to walk over. I had arranged for all of us to have matching T-shirts for the first day of the trip. I passed out the shirts and everyone put them on (YAY:dance3: ) I was so happy. Steve and Kristine had special shirts with Mickey and Minnie :bride: :groom: and their wedding day, the rest of us had the logo shirts that are on sale at disney shopping website. With all of our shirts on we made the walk to the main entrance.
HPIM0103.jpg
I literally couldn't wait!!!

So we started out. It was so magical and exciting for me. This was the place that everything started. It's like Mecca. It was like the mother ship had called me home :wizard: . We started out by going into guest relations to get pins for Steve and Kristine. Then we went over and got them Bride and Groom ears. We took pictures in front of the partners statue and then took a whole group picture in front of the castle.
HPIM0113.jpg
I was so excited to finally see the castle. That's where Sleeping Beauty lives!!! IT'S HER HOUSE!!!! I loved the pictures on the side of the castle from the movie. How cool! I loved the Sleeping Beauty/Pince Philip water fountain.
HPIM0116.jpg
I loved it all.

We made our way over to Pirates pirate: and DBF were really excited to ride this and compare it to the one in Florida. We had downloaded the podcast and were super excited. We rode pirates and then it got really exciting!!!!

What happened next?? Stay tuned!

Ooooo...a new DL trip report :goodvibes

I am waiting with eager anticipation popcorn::

Hi there!! Okay, when we last left off we had just ridden Pirates of the Caribean. I was so excited to ride this. I was shocked :eek: :eek: :eek: at how different this ride is from the one is DisneyWorld. I mean, the extra treasure rooms in the beginning??? SO COOL!!!! Yes, thought this was great! We looked at the time and it was only 3:30, we had dinner reservations at the Blue Bayou for 4:30 and we decided to go on Haunted Mansion.

We exited the ride (now don't forget, we were all wearing matching shirts) and we were approached by two non costumed Disney CMs. They asked if we had just ridden Pirates, we (of course) replied Yes! :teacher: and then they asked if we wanted to do an interview for the CHRISTMAS PARADE!!!!! :banana: :banana: Now I was really excited. (Wouldn't you be??) They took us to a corner in New Orleans Square (I'm sorry I can't be more descriptive, it had a very nice staircase) and all of us signed waivers. There were a few people in front of us, so we waited for them. There were two cute little boys wearing pirate hats and swords. pirate: So Cute! The little boys finished and we stood in front of the camera and this nice man asked us a bunch of questions (how did you like the ride, what did you think about Jack?) So we answered them in our best Dis behavior. When we were finished the nice CMs told us that this would be aired during the Christmas parade. Boy was I excited! :woohoo:

After our exciting TV :happytv: experience. We headed over to Haunted Mansion. Once again, I was really surprised to see how different the House was. I knew it was a plantation house, but still I was really surprised. It had the Nightmare Before Xmas overlay. I can't say that I liked or disliked it, I would have liked to see how the ride was without the overlay. We then walked over to our dinner ressies.

We waited in the lobby of Blue Bayou for about 10 minutes before we were called to our seats. I walked in and was struck by the fact that it was very similar to San Angel in Mexico in Epcot. I had the filet mignon and it was fabulous! Seriously, the best steak I've ever had. Sooooooo good.

Coming up next: After dinner, a fabulous parade, and we are officially in the wedding video!

Fun report!! Did you get on the parade special??? Looking forward to more reporting!:tinker:

** Please check out my pics in the first post**
Okay, so I last left you at Blue Bayou. We finished our meal and went over to Tomorrowland. We rode Star Tours and Buzz (both the same as WDW) and then went over to Space Mountain. I was really dissapointed in this. I think it's because you sit next to people and not one in front of the other... That was weird. I didn't like it. It did not seem like the "classic Disney attraction" I was expecting. We did some shopping (because I LOOOOVE to shop.) LOVE LOVE LOVE shopping.

We left Tomorrowland and caught a little bit of the parade. I'm not really a parade person, but it was nice. The Ursula float was neat. Then we went into Fantasyland. DBF Jon tried to pull the sword from the stone
HPIM0127.jpg
, it clearly didn't work. Then we rode all of the Fantasyland rides. Lou HATED Pinocchio, I'm not sure why. We rode Mr. Toad and Peter Pan and then went back up to Main St. Steve and Kristine did some shopping. They purchased the picture that we took in front of the castle. This is how we ended up in the wedding video. They had a photo slideshow made up to play during the cocktail hour. As soon as they got home they added the picture of all of us to the slideshow. Then they took a picture of them in their matching shirts and ears and added that too. I was pretty happy because I wanted them to have really happy memories of this trip.
I tried to do some shopping. I really wanted some Sleeping Beauty merchandise. They didn't have anything that I didn't already have... DBF and I bought Mickey rice krispie treats and we were outside standing with Lou, waiting for everyone else, when I spotted Mickey and Pluto walking outside. I grabbed DBF and ran for a picture.
HPIM0133.jpg

I have to tell you that I really don't like Mickey's YOMD outfit. What is with the blue velvet suit??? No. Not okay. After our picture we left the park and walked back to our hotel. Steve and Kristine told us both how much fun they had, and thanked us for the shirts and their ears. I told our group what the plans were for the next day and we all went to bed.
Coming up next: We win a dream!

Oh! I almost forgot! The status of the parade portion we filmed will show up in my last portion...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter