A bit ot but have a tricky situation

stargatebarbie

<font color=blue>There must be more than this prov
:confused: A bit tricky this Ive offered to take my niece to disney with me and my DD my sister (her mum)has paid for the trip for her (£200 for 5nights 4days and we are flying) But she has just give me a envelope with £50:scared1: in it to cover the food for the trip our breakfast is not included so there is 4 days of breakfast, lunch, and ,tea to cover not to metion drinks and ice cream how do I tell her I think its a bit tight to cover things ,I wouldn,t see the child go with out but we are on a budget (in fact my hubbys not going this year) so what do you think I should ask for (she lives in a 4 beroom house has 2 cars and her hubby has a good job)I love my sister to bits but:hug: she can be a bit tight any magical disney ideas:confused:

Unfortunately that is how rich people get rich...my Dad is exactly the same.
I understand your predicament, it's a tricky one, anyone else have any ideas? :confused3

I'd let her see the reviews on here as well as dlpfoodguide and just say nicely that you will need a bit more as meals can be expensive and the exchange rate is rubbish :)
Good luck :goodvibes

Well that's a difficult problem to solve :confused3 but i think the best thing to do is to speak clear to your sister and say *if £50 are pocket money for your daughter that's ok but unfortunately they are not enough to cover all the extra meals we have to pay for*.
She might be surprised, even more if she is a bit tight with money so it could be worth to show her the DLRP Food Guide with approx. prices for meals.

Or maybe she thinks it's enough for her to pay for the trip and you will cover meals and extras otherwhile you would not have invited your niece to join you???

Ooh this is tricky ......... when I went on holiday with a friend's family they agreed with my parents that they'd pay for everything whilst we were away but kept a note of how much etc and then my parents repaid them when we got back. They probably didn't charge my parents for every single drink or ice cream I had but both sides must have been happy because they stayed friendly!!

I know it's awkward (I find it excrutiatingly difficult discussing money with my sister who is a very wealthy DINK and no mortgage to boot either) but perhaps you could say thanks very much for the £50 but it's going to come to more than that because of theme park prices and the terrible exchange rate and that you'll keep a note of how much more it costs and let her know when you get back.

Good luck ...... and let us know how you get on. :flower3:

I think the "exchange rate is rubbish" and telling her how much even a fast-food meal is (anything from 7 euros up to 12ish) is a good combination. She maybe just doesn't realise how expensive it is to eat at DLRP - its certainly what puts the biggest hole in my budget everytime we go.

Elaine

The funny thing is that in 2002 she came with us ,that was me my hubby and DD( with her hubby DD and older son, )so she should know a bit about the prices I hate these situations I may do what I always do Tell mum and she can sort it :rotfl: (yes still running to mum at 45 to tell on my sister:lmao: )

I would just be honest and say that £50 just wont cover food. Is that also her spending money aswell?

no she has got her own pocket money of £50 she has saved so I just wouldn,t touch that bless

I just went away and did a calculation of what my sister gave me when I took my niece with us to DLRP last November - it was £100 for a 2 night/2 day trip. We spent it all (and that was with breakfast included each morning at the hotel). Niece did get a few souvenirs from that, probably about 50 euros worth (but you have to remember I have a Dream AP, so all our meals were 10% off, and all her souvenirs were 20% off). But the rest was on food/drinks/popcorn etc for her (and did include a brilliant character lunch at the Lucky Nugget).

So you could be doing with £150 or £200 for your niece couldn't you?

Elaine

I also took my best :friends son with us in 2006(he was 10 and ate enough for a whole rugby team:rotfl: ) and she was throwing money at me it was a 2night 2day trip and she gave me £100 and I was saying its ok dont worry he,ll have enough:rotfl: Why is family so difficult to deal with:rotfl:

Oh dear that's a difficult one :hug:
But I think you'll have to say something, can you perhaps launch a discussion as to what restaurants are there and where they might like to eat, whilst your sister's around and a PC nearby to get the DLP foodguide up on so you can say things like
"Oh well that seems reasonable, works out at about 20 euros each, perhaps we could do that one, gosh I didn't realise how expensive eating there would be "
This is of course totally dependent on how good your sister is at picking up on hints. Or just come straight out with it and say you've only just realised how badly the poor exchange rate will affect you budget and where/what you can afford to eat.

Hope you manage to sort something.:goodvibes

I think you've got to come straight out with it. Say you'd love to sub her but you just can't afford it - she should understand, especially since the exchange rate is so awful.

I would just explain to her that £50 isn't going to be enough to cover the cost of the meals..... If she's in doubt, show her the DLP foodguide, or even a couple of reviews from these boards. If she's still in doubt, you could always present her with the receipts from meals upon arrival home and ask her to reimburse you.

Bob xoxoxox

Well ive just come out with it , I told her that while im not to the odd drink or lolly (she knows that im not like that in fact im the opposite )there is no way that will cover it and ive jotted down a few prices for her she seemed to take it well !!will let you know how I get on.!! I love my niece to bits and ive bought her a disney bag and a autograph book and even a pin laynard to take with her ,Im hoping for a fun time and the last thing I want is to worry about money ,im sure it will all end well and my sister will sort it thanks for all your thoughts:wizard:

Good luck with it all. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes to be honest...

Hope it all ends well for everyone. :hug:

Well she gave me another £50 so its definatly a bit better,but ive decided to forget it now and just take the girls and have a wonderful time I will take my credit card just in cause but hey we are at disney so its magic money you spend:wizard: Not long now just booked plaza gardens (yes my treat:rotfl: ) soon be there:yay: :yay: :yay:

Well, at least that's better than nothing. Your niece is very lucky to have such a lovely aunt. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter