A Birthday at Be Our Guest - Have you done the dessert w/card thing?

DanielNYC

The wand always chooses the wizard!
We'll be celebrating my niece's birthday next week at BOG. Recently I came upon photos online of people celebrating a birthday there where they were presented a grey stuff dessert with a candle plus a card from Belle & the Beast. Have any of you done this? How did you set it up?

The one time we had a person celebrating 21st birthday at BOG she was given the grey stuff with a candle but not a card. Maybe it depends on their age.

Interesting. Perhaps it's only done at dinner, which would work just fine for us.
Quite possible, as for breakfast and lunch you don't really have a server. Your food comes out and gets delivered but you don't see the server again. We're doing all 3 meals on our upcoming trip so it'll be interesting to see if they do anything at any of them. It's also completely up to the server you happen to have. You may get nothing special while the table next to you, with a different server, gets a card and/or birthday grey stuff.

IIRC too many people were faking birthdays to get the grey stuff dessert so they may have discontinued the freebies. You can order the grey stuff now if that's what you want for a dessert.

For my birthday last November when checking in for dinner they asked if we were celebrating anything so we said Birthday. They brought me the Grey stuff and the card! (Also two fast passes...)

Hello! I had dinner at Be Our Guest on March 18th, 2017 for my birthday. Not only did I receive a helping of Grey Stuff, but I also received a card and the dessert I originally ordered for free with a candle in it. I was celebrating my 18th birthday and was wearing a birthday pin. We did not mention it being my birthday or explained anything. One thing to note, however, is that we are close family friends with the original manager and one of the main contributors to the opening of the restaurant (hence how we were able to get a reservation on short notice) and our waiter was one of the original waiters who had known our friend. As others mentioned, I really do think it depends on the waiter but I think chances are likely that they'll recognize your birthday (as they have for previous annual birthday trips)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter