A AKV standard view room, where to request?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Heading back to the AKV in December for a few nights in a standard view studio. What room request would you consider if you were me? Partial savanna view, close to the lobby, overlooking the entrance, Zebra Trail side? I am thinking that close to the lobby might just be my best bet, but not too sure. These rooms are all on the 5th floor, correct? If so, that is nice with the laundry being on the 5th floor. So should I put in a request or not and possibly just go with the flow? I know the hall ways are very long.

The DVC rooms are all on the 5th floor in Jambo only. In Kidani, they take up the entire, massive building. ALL floors. So, I would request an upper floor AND close to the lobby. But close is relative. Both buildings are very large. Also, I’m just not sure that they will actually do much to fill your request. My sense, and maybe this is just a fantasy, is that the place is so large that it overwhelms the cast members when they get areound to filling requests, and they don’t know WHERE to put you.

Majority of standard views at Jambo have a savanna view, a little less than half have only pool view. Best chance to get savanna view is to request room on the Kudo Trail side of the building because all standard views there have savanna view; I personally would never request close to lobby at Jambo if I want a standard with savanna view, both because you could get pool view that way and because the savanna views from rooms near the lobby are among the most mediocre savanna views. If all you want is to be close to lobby and buses and don't care anything about view, you can request close to lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!