Delete Thread

Denver Mini TR

Top Golf & the Denver Botanic Garden

So before we went to Top Golf we spent some time at Cherry Creek Shopping Center. (Which was kind of like the Mall of Millenia). Where I saw these socks I'd seen in like 4 different stores that look nothing like Adam Sandler:

xqy7hgMl.jpg

:lmao:

We ate at the California Pizza Kitchen and I had a delicious Cobb Salad:

tkoDSqLl.jpg

This kind of reminded me of the one at the I used to love at Panera that they took off the menu and it was really good.

View attachment 541292
(I'll never forgive you Panera!)

Josh got the GF BBQ pizza:

Pr5eO7nl.jpg

He said this was just okay, but the chicken wasn't as good as the bacon and it was very crispy.

I also bought some chocolate covered strawberries and oreos at Godiva that I think were very overpriced, but they were good.

Then we headed off to Top Golf. I was happy to see our bay had a couch and not a table in it. It took me a little bit, but I managed to mostly hit the ball into the same hole and score some points. :rotfl:

HHv1Dy0l.jpg

Josh kept saying he was playing for distance, which didn't really help his score in the game though. :rotfl:

1mJElw8l.jpg

I also ordered these injectable donut holes, which I've had my eye on ever since I watched a video of the Top Golf opening in Orlando. I knew it would be too much for just me (since Josh can't have any), but I also knew I'd regret it if I didn't order them.

View attachment 541293

It didn't surprise me at all, but I liked the cream filled best (although it tasted more like vanilla pudding than bavarian cream). The chocolate wasn't the best tasting, and it was really messy to use. The donuts were very crispy which was probably good for the filling, but made it a little harder to push the filling in.

TcuqQD0l.jpg

I won the first game!

iykWmAAl.jpg

Then Josh won one.

9i53YBol.jpg

Then he won another, but I don't have a picture of that.

We only had a little bit of time left in the bay (I think we had it for 2 hours, and Top Golf was closing around when our time slot ended). We quickly played one more game where the floor was gems, and I won that one.

LytvXmVl.jpg

So we ended the night in a tie! (I highly recommend watching the vlog if you want to see more. Just explaining it sounds so boring, but I promise it was fun!) I'm not sure we'll be rushing back to play again asap (it was also a little pricey), but I'm sure we'll play again in the future.

The next day was our final full day. We started out by going to the Denver Central Market (which is a food hall) in the Arts District. Where Josh got a cappuccino that he didn't know would be mini:

5R6TkDrl.jpg

:lmao:

And I got a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich:

kO3qzfHl.jpg

I was a little disappointed since I thought they'd make it fresh, and really they just pulled out a cheese lump (that looked kind of tuna in a can :crazy2:), and heated it up. It was ok, but not the best grilled cheese ever.

I did however get the best ice cream I'd had all trip at another stand called High Point Creamery though:

O76fXUKl.jpg

There wasn't as much to see as I thought there, so we decided to head to the Denver Botanic Gardens which had been the last thing on my list. I wasn't sure if we should go because I didn't know if we'd enjoy it and it was kind of hot out, but I'm really glad we went because it was absolutely gorgeous!

LNL3AuJl.jpg

lv0RysDl.jpg

jrQMIScl.jpg

ila1sPll.jpg'

AvXeMobl.jpg

Av519Mxl.jpg

GB6MPCel.jpg

2lnLgCPl.jpg

0UAf59cl.jpg

v5uSP0tl.jpg

I think we only got through half of it because it was so big, but it was really enjoyable.

Also I tried to take cute pictures, and then we had to run from a bee:

yZYNpT6l.jpg

LhisCQjl.jpg

7TyDxGml.jpg

fX8JhsJl.jpg

View attachment 541294

:rotfl:

We were also next to a haunted park called Cheesman Park that was part of the inspiration for Poltergeist! But we didn't really get a chance to explore because we spent a lot of time in the gardens.

For our last dinner we decided to go to a steakhouse called Guard and Grace that had really good reviews.

sakre7Yl.jpg

The food was delicious! Here's a view of the table:

Qj2N7ibl.jpg

We each got steak of course. But I also got a Truffle Mac & Cheese, and Josh got these roasted potatoes that were a little spicy and had lime on top. Also the rolls were very good and I ate like 4.

View attachment 541295
(I searched "more bread" and this came up. Now I'm afraid of bread). :laughing:

The next morning we had to pack up and go once we woke up. I didn't really take any pictures or videos, but I know I had another Einstein bagel at the airport. Also our Lyft driver listened to Red Hot Chili Peppers exclusively in the car, so I guess he really liked them.

29yxz20l.jpg

On the plane I just watched Judge Judy and various other shows on Southwest TV. When we finally landed at home we had to fill out the world's longest form before we could leave the gate area even though we didn't fly in from one of the areas you couldn't go to at that time. (Now you can't go anywhere and come back without the results of a negative Covid test both ways which is supposed to be easier but is actually harder for us because my insurance won't cover tests without a medical need and I don't even think we have rapid testing around here, so we probably won't be able to travel until that changes).

And that's it for our trip! I really do feel like we got everything done we wanted to do, and I loved getting to see @amalone1013 again because we didn't think we'd get to see any of our Dis friends this year. :hug:

Since this trip is over, I'll probably go back to posting real life updates (I actually have a lot of pictures and things I haven't shared while I was writing this) until we can get some planning updates in. It might be awhile because I'm not sure we're going anywhere until HHN next year (at least not theme parks wise). But I'll keep popping in, and I'm starting to upload my holiday vlogs so I'll share those on here too.

View attachment 541296

Raeven, I`ve loved reading about your Denver trip........it was so much fun to be along with you. Your pictures are always brilliant, food choices top notch and you can see hwo much fun you both have together.

Looking forward to your holiday updates......and any other updates till you next travel. HHN seems forever away right now.....but your real life updates are always so much fun too.......

:wave2:

Aw thank you!

It does :sad2: I just feel a little bad because I know people read these most of the time for travel updates, and I won't have any for awhile. But I do think at this point we're all friends and enjoy hearing about each other's lives too.

Absolutely Raeven.....I think the folks who read and post on our trip reports are definitely friends and we all care for each other......so you absolutely have to keep giving us your real life updates. I think we`ve all been through a lot this year so the continuation of these reports have been fun!

Actually confession time.....I never watch vlogs from anyone......ever.....I usually prefer to read.....but I have so enjoyed your vlogs these last months since you began doing them all.....they are so entertaining, and you have the best laugh in them......:wave2:

And I thought it was perfect because today I made it to 200 subscribers! 🥳
Congrats!!! :cool1:

Josh kept saying he was playing for distance, which didn't really help his score in the game though. :rotfl:
:rotfl:

Also our Lyft driver listened to Red Hot Chili Peppers exclusively in the car, so I guess he really liked them.
With all your strange driver experiences, it's probably better he listened to music instead of talking :rotfl2:

Absolutely Raeven.....I think the folks who read and post on our trip reports are definitely friends and we all care for each other......so you absolutely have to keep giving us your real life updates. I think we`ve all been through a lot this year so the continuation of these reports have been fun!

Actually confession time.....I never watch vlogs from anyone......ever.....I usually prefer to read.....but I have so enjoyed your vlogs these last months since you began doing them all.....they are so entertaining, and you have the best laugh in them......:wave2:

Yes I agree! :thumbsup2

Aw thank you! That’s really sweet:hug:

Congrats!!! :cool1:

With all your strange driver experiences, it's probably better he listened to music instead of talking :rotfl2:

Thank you!

I guess it could be worse, he could’ve been singing along too
:rotfl2:

I need to get to a Dollar store! I love the first sign you brought out.....and am I the only one who thought that white tree skirt would make a gorgeous winter poncho????

Ok.....maybe it`s just me then...... :rotfl:

That is a cute gnome too.....there are many folks in the UK who collect gnomes....they usually sit outside in the garden and I find them a little odd....they can look as if they`re fishing, cycling...do anything really. But, your gnome is cute......

Looking forward to seeing the decorations go in their places........

Nice vlog too.......:wave2:

I knew it would be too much for just me (since Josh can't have any), but I also knew I'd regret it if I didn't order them.

What fun!! I'm such a sucker for things like that!! I would have ordered it too.

I'm not sure we'll be rushing back to play again asap (it was also a little pricey), but I'm sure we'll play again in the future.

Yeah it is kind of expensive but a fun thing and sort of different night out. I wish we had it here.

I need to get to a Dollar store! I love the first sign you brought out.....and am I the only one who thought that white tree skirt would make a gorgeous winter poncho????

Sometimes you find some good stuff there! It was very furry :rotfl:

That is a cute gnome too.....there are many folks in the UK who collect gnomes....they usually sit outside in the garden and I find them a little odd....they can look as if they`re fishing, cycling...do anything really. But, your gnome is cute......

Yes I have seen them often in gardens! I didn't realize there were Christmas ones too :rotfl:

Nice vlog too.......:wave2:

Thank you!

Yeah it is kind of expensive but a fun thing and sort of different night out. I wish we had it here.

Yeah, I agree. I'd probably go more often if we had it around here because there isn't a ton to do.

Santa and the dinosaur are SO getting it on there!!! :rotfl:Love the name Frosty Fest!

I am so jealous of the turkey butter!!! Never seen that before, ever. Your food pictures again look lovely.....although I`m conflicted.....I love tots, but grits are a huge no no....but the pictures look lovely.

Looking forward to the videos coming up........:thumbsup2

"I would wear this as an adult"--I would too, who doesn't love Rudolf pjs?! :rotfl:

Sorry you're not able to go anywhere this week :( but I think it'll be so nice to have the week off of work this time of year and just be home to get some things done and relax :thumbsup2 I love all your new decorations, so I'm really excited to see that video!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!