90th Popcorn Buckets (including AP bucket)

Agree. Really don't want those re-sellers to get any support. We're going to try to hit the parks today, too. (Maybe we'll see you!) If we see any signs of the buckets, we'll post, too.
For those in the parks today, keep the updates coming! More trustworthy information here is better for those on the lookout. :)
I’m at DCA now. The guest relations CM said the buckets won’t be coming back at all because they had issues with how they came. I heard someone else on Facebook mention quality issues with the buckets...I think many came damaged so they aren’t going to sell them? I’m still going to walk around and see if any pop up. I’ve gotten wrong info before from Cm’s.

I’m at DCA now. The guest relations CM said the buckets won’t be coming back at all because they had issues with how they came. I heard someone else on Facebook mention quality issues with the buckets...I think many came damaged so they aren’t going to sell them? I’m still going to walk around and see if any pop up. I’ve gotten wrong info before from Cm’s.
Thanks for this update! I wonder if the quality control issue (if that's really the problem) will affect the Mickey and Minnie buckets, too, since they're the same kind of shape.

Last edited:
Why do they not make it one per AP to help limit the resell incentive? It would be very easy to scan the AP at time of sale and block further sale of them.
There is a one per AP limit. But that is only per transaction. Anyone can get right back in line to buy another "one."

I didn't mention this in a Facebook group (because frankly I find many there don't appreciate tips and I'm a little annoyed how many condone breaking laws), but a little reminder to always check that permanent popcorn stand in DCA. Of all the stands, it's the one likely to be open even with rain (probably not torrential downpour, though). A blogger mentioned last year with the January 2018 AP buckets that she was able to get one there even though it was raining.

I did see someone say yesterday that CMs said the buckets were sold out (despite the unofficial report of staggered release). But that's an interesting new tidbit that it's actually a quality issue. Huge bummer if they're going to now cut things off, though, because of that. But I can see why. Even if they reorder, it would take so long to get a decent supply back in. And they don't have the deal lasting very long.

Maybe this might get Disney to finally go back to the round buckets. A girl can dream...

I didn't mention this in a Facebook group (because frankly I find many there don't appreciate tips and I'm a little annoyed how many condone breaking laws), but a little reminder to always check that permanent popcorn stand in DCA. Of all the stands, it's the one likely to be open even with rain (probably not torrential downpour, though). A blogger mentioned last year with the January 2018 AP buckets that she was able to get one there even though it was raining.

I did see someone say yesterday that CMs said the buckets were sold out (despite the unofficial report of staggered release). But that's an interesting new tidbit that it's actually a quality issue. Huge bummer if they're going to now cut things off, though, because of that. But I can see why. Even if they reorder, it would take so long to get a decent supply back in. And they don't have the deal lasting very long.

Maybe this might get Disney to finally go back to the round buckets. A girl can dream...
I will only buy the round buckets (for the lower price point). The speciality buckets don’t make financial sense in terms of $1 refills and I don’t want/need a souvenir. I only come for the popcorn, lol. I really hope they go back to round buckets for the AP offers.

When you said Steamboat Willie, I thought "Ah, they are bringing the super-cute Steamboat Willie bucket from Tokyo Disneyland to the U.S," but sadly no. I personally think the balloon one is ugly, but I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes nonetheless

Tokyo always has such cuter popcorn buckets!

Which is why it needs to be one per AP. PERIOD.
I think this is a big complaint amongst many passholders. Have a way to scan your pass to show you have received it. They scan passes when you receive a free sticker or magnet (so it's doable), but not for buckets.

Thanks for this update! I wonder if the quality control issue (if that's really the problem) will affect the Mickey and Minnie buckets, too, since they're the same kind of shape.
I saw that they are available at WDW..so they could be coming soon to DL..but who knows.

For those going to the parks today (Sunday, 2/03), any update on the AP buckets? AP Twitter feed said they sold out on day one, but MP tweeted that they were supposed to be restocked this weekend. Any sightings?

I was there on Sunday (I know: what a surprise! ;-)). We asked at a popcorn wagon and at the info booth near Jolly Holiday. In both cases were were told that they’re all long gone; definitely sold out. Sorry :-(.

Disney could easily wipe out the resellers if they wanted to. I think Disney likes to have the appearance of making the buckets a must have item. Lets them charge $25 for something that is worth $5.

Just saw on the Disneyland annual Passholder Facebook page that the steamboat willie buckets are going to be released again on a March 12!! They can be refilled until April 5!!! Maybe I’ll get one, but not counting on it as I can only get there on the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter