90's AP holder makes comeback!

DisneyMan 09

Earning My Ears
It was my 1st trip in 9 years! ... and 5 years in the making. Enjoy basking in my excitement.

Background:

Growing up 30 miles from DL, I went with family once a year from 1980? till 1987
1994 - a fantasy come true: I Discovered AP's. Result: 37 trips!
'99 - 2nd AP - My last time there
Moved to Sacramento
2004 - planned a 6 day trip(by train)
Moved to Seattle - put off trip
'08 Moved back to Sacramento - What luck.;)

2009 - Planned on 2-3 days at DL, but the economy made me realize that 1 day is enough. So with 3 trains, 2 buses(and 0 jobs to fund another trip for years), I had 1 shot to get this right.

I also have problems with tension(back, legs and feet), which got me into health food. I've found I'm at my best with just fruit and veggies. So for this 3 day trip, I brought most of what I ate from home - a suitcase and backpack filled with 20 lbs of produce + sunflower seeds, not much cloths, or whatever regular people bring. :lmao: Restaurants take too much time(and money) anyway.

March 31 - up at 4. On train at 6:30 (5 hrs sleep)

6pm - Got to hotel near DL entrance

April 1 - Disneyland

(Got 4 hrs sleep - anxious)
6:00 Bath to increase circulation - feeling better than expected

Overview:
8:02 Bag check line..not letting ppl in "area's not secure yet"
8:30 found a short line in the center of entrance. - like old times.
8:40 Entered. about 180 ppl at the rope. 350 in park. Had a surreal feeling untill 9:50. Didn't feel like I was actually there. 9 years away really freshened me up!
8:55 in position for rope drop(center, about 30 feet back. Itinerary in one pocket; raisins in another. I....am..... READY! :woohoo:)
9:00 Rope drop(no running or chaos) Walked(with purpose) to PP (27 people in line. No MM either)
Mr. Toad
9:30 Big TH (FastPass not up yet) By the 2nd turn, I noticed it feels wilder than in '99. :scared1: Did they change something or is it me? This was the 1st time a ride effected my tension condition(a "weak in the knees" feeling). Not a good sign. So I pushed back SM
M - track 2 having problems. So I postponed it, throwing off my whole sched.
Noticed Tea-cups :laughing: had no line so I went for it(I never would've planned this. I was In and out in 3 min. :goodvibes)

10:10 Buzz line was 10' - Surprised. I planned to skip this cause of long lines
SM FP
monorail
11:30 M - track 1 - 13' wait. Both tracks open. Again, feels wilder.
11:55 Did Buzz
Still feeling good.
FP for SM - Decided to ride it. My reaction to the new SM: Yeah!!!!!!!!!! - The potential was always there, but not done well. It's now what it should've been.
2:40 Train to New Orleans
HM - 10' wait.
3:30 FP for Big Th
3:40 Parade
4:35 Carribean. - Again, Hills felt more intense than the 90's.
5 Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh - twice with a 1 minute wait.
HM
Train to exit
Rested at GCH. Tried to get Monorail at DTD but it broke down(they're testing the orange one)
8:40 Big TH
9:15 Big TH
Fireworks while walking to -
9:40 M
Then 2 rides I couldn't fit in before:
SW 1' wait
Pinoccio 2' wait
Feeling cold, tired and dizzy on my way to last ride(SM of all things) Sat down. Had raisins, trying to get a pick-me-up
10:50 SM. Can I get off ride without falling over??

Yep! feeling OK again!

There you have my Perfect Day.....almost. I didn't get to Nemo. And I forgot some sights. It just gives me something to look forward to.
Even though I'm not in shape and have leg problems, I may have broke the record for that day,:goodvibes thanks to my previous skill getting alot of rides in, and my efficient personality. I got on 22 rides!(+ parade + fireworks). If the Monorail didn't brake down,
it wouldv'e been 24 rides.

Wow, that's great!!!!
Space Mountain is amazing isn't it.....loved the new & improved ride!!

I don't feel like you missed anything not riding Nemo, but that's our families opinion of it.

I'm guessing with all the rides you got in....you're not much of a picture taker while you're there?????
I'm a visual reader!!!!

Thanx for sharing!!!

Thanks for the feedback.
Yea, I don't take many pics at DL. I wanted to this time, but I decided I wouldn't want to carry a medium sized camera around for 15 hours. And as much as I'm into documenting things with pics and vids, it can get in the way of my real-time experience. And the actual memories from the experience, I wouldn't trade for pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter