They will refund you to the last form of payment you used to pay for your cruise: credit card, gift card, etc. If you have lost your Disney gift cards, they may be able to re-issue you a digital gift card (and what a balance that would be... yikes! But it is far more versatile than cruise credits.)

That totally sucks. We paid via Disney Gift cards for our ENTIRE cruise. So the money will go back on more than 200 gift cards. Ha ha ha? The money will stay with Disney so were forced to take a Disney vacation. Bummer.....I'll call just to verify. We're going to give the cruises over the next 15 months one more look over to see if we can possibly work one in.

Thanks for the details!

That's the risk of using gift cards. I think it can be refunded in large amounts, not 200 smaller ones, though. You'll have to speak with someone to verify. Let us know!

We're going to Iceland next summer. It's not Hawaii, but still amazing and unique.

They will refund you to the last form of payment you used to pay for your cruise: credit card, gift card, etc. If you have lost your Disney gift cards, they may be able to re-issue you a digital gift card (and what a balance that would be... yikes! But it is far more versatile than cruise credits.)

My TA just called and asked if this was possible for me and they said it would all have to go back on my original forms of payment. Which in my case is 2 different credit cards and a gift card. They said if we didn't have those credit cards anymore we would have to sort it out with the bank. Luckily, I think we will be okay but it sucks that I now have to try to get those funds back from 2 different credit card companies and hold that Disney gift card until the next time we want to travel.

125% credit seems good but hard because it's perperson. What's everyone take on this. Plus no Hawaii cruise for spring. Maybe fall?

125% credit seems good but hard because it's perperson. What's everyone take on this. Plus no Hawaii cruise for spring. Maybe fall?
We booked the eastbound Panama Canal for November 6. Still would have preferred the Hawaii itinerary but it’s not on the schedule. Maybe in 2022 when the new ship(s) is out?? We considered taking the refund but we really like cruising with Disney

We booked the eastbound Panama Canal for November 6. Still would have preferred the Hawaii itinerary but it’s not on the schedule. Maybe in 2022 when the new ship(s) is out?? We considered taking the refund but we really like cruising with Disney

So after 2 hours on the phone today, we booked the Westbound Panama Canal Cruise. Got the 125% credit on the base cruise fare. Our taxes, gratuities, transfers, and something else are being refunded via e-gift card since we didn't have all the gift cards (over 200 of them). Can't wait to cruise in February!

we rebooked a cruise for next year ... this cruise had the On Board Booking credit and the room credit when we take the cruise and the 125% credit from this cancelled cruise.

Our DCL cruise planner got the new ressie set up and then had to pass us off to Guest Services (shore side i'm guessing) to get all three things credited to our new cruise. It was worth the wait - took less than an hour, including on hold time (first for DCL and second for DCL Shore side)

we rebooked a cruise for next year ... this cruise had the On Board Booking credit and the room credit when we take the cruise and the 125% credit from this cancelled cruise.

Our DCL cruise planner got the new ressie set up and then had to pass us off to Guest Services (shore side i'm guessing) to get all three things credited to our new cruise. It was worth the wait - took less than an hour, including on hold time (first for DCL and second for DCL Shore side)
Congrats! Which chose did you choose?

a western caribbean cruise on the Fantasy
Awesome!! If that itinerary includes Grand Cayman and you have never been... you should consider an excursion that gets you in the water. I’ve been all over the Caribbean and have yet to find clearer.

Awesome!! If that itinerary includes Grand Cayman and you have never been... you should consider an excursion that gets you in the water. I’ve been all over the Caribbean and have yet to find clearer.
Been there several times - lots of snorkeling. Last time was just a sail by ... we sailed and waved "bye". Couldn't tender in ... we could see the waves going over the dock where the tender boats go. But it looked like a lovely day otherwise. We think that the captain wanted us all to see the waves, because it was a beautiful day.

I know everyone is pretty much done with this thread.... and with good reason. But I could not help posting that today would have been our big day. ::sad1::sad1::sad2::sad2:
I came here to say "Happy Embarkation Day!!" And Aloha!

Speaking of Aloha, we were to fly home on Hawaiian Air on Sunday after disembarkation. Hawaii has the 14 day quarantine and are allegedly paying tourists to go home, and Hawaiian Air has only cancelled flights through May 8. Would like to get my money back.

Speaking of Aloha, we were to fly home on Hawaiian Air on Sunday after disembarkation. Hawaii has the 14 day quarantine and are allegedly paying tourists to go home, and Hawaiian Air has only cancelled flights through May 8. Would like to get my money back.
I would think you should be able to under these circumstances. You may have to lean on them a little 💪

Did anyone else go to Youtube last night and look at old (2012, 2015) Wonder Hawaii cruise sail-away videos?

Your signature notes "1 Hurricane" Were you on the Fantasy during Sandy?? Saw the videos of that... pretty wild.

Your signature notes "1 Hurricane" Were you on the Fantasy during Sandy?? Saw the videos of that... pretty wild.
  • nope, nothing as dramatic as Sandy
  • And hurricane is a little over stated ... 2005 Eastbound Panama canal cruise ...
  • we were unable to stop at Cabo because of high winds and generally crappy weather and totally unsafe to tender - from Hurricane Hillary - a couple of hundred miles to the west of us. Were not able to open the door to the veranda because of the wind. The pools were closed, but we were taking bets on how high the next rock and roll would shoot the water up from the pools.
  • And then after we transited the canal, Katrina was to the north of us, with minimal impact on us, New Orleans, way impacted!
  • And we have had a couple of near misses ... one time we disembarked and the ship loaded up the next guests and headed "into the storm" to pick up the Castaways on Castaway Cay - that was a LONG time ago, probably before they built a "hurricane proof" shelter for them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter