8am Be Our Guest on a EMH day?

But we can't get another BOG.
Never say never! People are changing their plans all the time. If you haven’t already, sign up for Touring Plans free ADR finder and try for a later meal. A couple of weeks after I signed up I got the BOG dinner ADR I was after! I get why you want to eat there, I love BOG, but I think you’ll be sad to waste perfect EMH morning touring time just for BOG breakfast. It’s very expensive and the food is just ok. Like I said in my other post, if the park hours change I’m fully prepared to cancel my 8am breakfast because it loses its benefit if it’s not PPO anymore. At the end of the day, it’s your decision though and I hope you have a great trip no matter what you choose!!

A sampling of the many responders said:
Well... It's just fine, but it appears that you may be over-anticipating the place. (Robo)

BOG breakfast itself (the food) is really nothing special. I would absolutely skip it. (Gentry2004)

The restaurant itself is pretty cool, but it's definitely not worth missing rope drop for. (Alesia)
Thanks to all of you for your responses. I had larger expectations for dining at BOG, but your unified voice has convinced me to cancel the 8am ADR, with hopes of finding a better time or day. I would never have made the right decision had it not been for your sharing and concerns.

Cancel it (edit: posted this before I saw your post above). BOG breakfast is a complete rip-off for what you get. The only reason to do it is early access to 7DMT, which you won't get on an EMH date. Keep trying for a later reservation. I'm certain you'll be able to find something. Touring Plans's Reservation Finder is free- you don't need to pay for a subscription, you only need to make an account- and it works.

BoG starts serving at 8AM.
MK usually opens at 9AM, so there are "PPO" ADRs at BoG.

What has changed is that MK opens Main Street and the Castle Hub area at 8AM to all guests and those areas fill with guests (they just can't get to the attractions until 9AM.)
So, I guess it would be possible (with a certain logic) to say that an 8AM BoG ADR is not actually "Pre-Park Opening."

--------------------------------

We just today got an 8am BOG reservation for April 16th. So seems they are still available for at least April...

Good call on that @ArielSRL! Looks like available through 180 days out now. I wonder what the delayed loading was all about. :scratchin

Last edited:
BoG starts serving at 8AM.
MK usually opens at 9AM, so there are "PPO" ADRs at BoG.

What has changed is that MK opens Main Street and the Castle Hub area at 8AM to all guests and those areas fill with guests (they just can't get to the attractions until 9AM.)
So, I guess it would be possible (with a certain logic) to say that an 8AM BoG ADR is not actually "Pre-Park Opening."
Beginning in April or May no one has been able to book BOG before 9 am so that is the change. There are other threads about it in the restaurant chain I think. No one knows if it’s temporary or permanent or a glitch.

ETA Here is one of the threads. Can’t find the other.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/bog-only-showing-1-time-available-for-our-whole-week-9-am.3654026/

Last edited:
Good choice, to let that ADR go. I had never been in BoG and was determined to get in there on our trip last November. We had a breakfast and a lunch (different days). The lunch food was much better. I was really glad we ate there, as it is very pretty inside. We enjoyed it a lot.

If I were you, I would keep checking and probably something else (hopefully lunch) will pop up. Maybe even while you are already there. People cancel ADRs all the time, especially once they get there and realize it's not going to work out.

Currently there are none after mid May.
I went to mid-July, the latest month you can book, and it shows 8AM times. Whether you can actually book them or not, I don't know. Park open is 9.

So how is it that people are saying there are no PPO after mid-May? Genuinely confused here.

I went to mid-July, the latest month you can book, and it shows 8AM times. Whether you can actually book them or not, I don't know. Park open is 9.

So how is it that people are saying there are no PPO after mid-May? Genuinely confused here.
I just checked every day from 7/9-7/16 and there is nothing for be our guest before 9 am. What day do you see availability at 8 am?

I just checked every day from 7/9-7/16 and there is nothing for be our guest before 9 am. What day do you see availability at 8 am?
I didn't check the actual availability. I'm just seeing the posted hours in July plus the times you can select from and I'm seeing 8am on there. July 12th, for example. If Disney is claiming they're open at 8am and letting people search for 8am but not actually allowing anyone to book at those times, that's pretty crummy on their part.

I didn't check the actual availability. I'm just seeing the posted hours in July plus the times you can select from and I'm seeing 8am on there. July 12th, for example. If Disney is claiming they're open at 8am and letting people search for 8am but not actually allowing anyone to book at those times, that's pretty crummy on their part.
Yes you can select 8am as a search time but no, there are none past mid May.

I've just checked for 8am for right up to our 180+10 this morning (i.e. for dates up to July 31) and on no day for the whole of the 180 to 180+10 period is there anything at all prior to 9am. After 9am there's lots. I suspect they have now stopped making bookings prior to 9am. :(

Andre

I've just checked for 8am for right up to our 180+10 this morning (i.e. for dates up to July 31) and on no day for the whole of the 180 to 180+10 period is there anything at all prior to 9am. After 9am there's lots. I suspect they have now stopped making bookings prior to 9am. :(

Andre
Thank you for doing this.

....Why wouldn't they just change the times on the site? I guess they are doing this quietly to attempt to avoid uproar?

Thank you for doing this.

....Why wouldn't they just change the times on the site? I guess they are doing this quietly to attempt to avoid uproar?

ADRs prior to 9 am do not affect CP or CRT in MK; both have availability in July earlier than 9 am. For all MK TS restaurants, choosing Breakfast as your timeframe displays first available.

ADRs prior to 9 am do not affect CP or CRT in MK; both have availability in July earlier than 9 am. For all MK TS restaurants, choosing Breakfast as your timeframe displays first available.
But they claim BOG is open at 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter