8am Be Our Guest on a EMH day?

Coral Reef Diver

Diving The Magic
I have an 8am BOG on an 8am EMH day. What do I do?

Would it be possible to do a quick 45 minute RP tour, and get to BOG at 8:45am for our 8am reservation?
We want to take some PPO photos, and include the whole BOG character experience, but are willing to save time in other ways.

I also wondered how early I could arrive for an 8am reservation. Would we be served, or could we be seated at say, 7:30am?

Last edited:
I'm confused. You want to arrive for your 8 a.m. reservation 45 minutes late? Do you mean 7:45?

What's an RP tour?

You can’t get there much before 8am and you can’t go late and still expect to have a table. Sorry!

I have an 8am BOG on an 8am EMH day. What do I do?

Would it be possible to do a quick 45 minute RP tour, and get to BOG at 8:45am for our 8am reservation?
We want to take some PPO photos, and include the whole BOG character experience, but are willing to save time in other ways.

I also wondered how early I could arrive for an 8am reservation. Would we be served, or could we be seated at say, 7:30am?

1. I would cancel any meal during EMH, that is prime riding time with fairly short lines.
2. Don’t count on being seated 45 min after your reservation. You could, very likely, be turned away and possibly charged $10 per person no show fee. I’m not sure if they do it at BOG breakfast/lunch since it’s QS.
3. No characters at BOG breakfast, The Beast is there for pictures during dinner only.
4. No early seating, as far as I know, they open at 8 am.

I'd drop the ADR if I were you. I don't think you'd be too successful showing up for your ADR 45 minutes late or being seated 30 minutes early. We had an 8am ADR last trip and I don't think anyone was seated earlier than that. The only character at BOG is the Beast, and that is only at dinner. He doesn't go to the tables, he just has meet and greet on your way out of the restaurant.

Thanks for straightening me out on BOG not being a character meal. BOG is new to me and I assumed it had replaced Crystal Palace.

Since the BOG restaurant is booked solid for our entire stay, we decided to keep our 8am reservation and miss out on the rope drop touring. BOG sounds like something not to be missed. We can get our 4th FP+s at 11:05am, to help offset the foregone RD touring. But we can't get another BOG.

Thanks for straightening me out on BOG not being a character meal. BOG is new to me and
1. I assumed it had replaced Crystal Palace.

2. BOG sounds like something not to be missed.

1. Nope. Crystal Palace still offers major popular MK character meals.
2. Well... It's just fine, but it appears that you may be over-anticipating the place.
Three rather noisy rooms (two are large, one is huge) filled with various size tables and hundreds of guests.
Nothing wrong with it. But, not as "entertaining" a restaurant as some of the other popular places at WDW.

Last edited:
Well... BOG is just fine, but it appears that you may be over-anticipating the place.
... it's not as "entertaining" a restaurant as some of the other popular places at WDW.
Thanks for those enlightening remarks. I always like these sort of informed opinions from caring members.

Even with MK having an EMH opening, I'm assuming our 8am ADR will allow us into the park before rope drop. We want to take PPO photos.

I love bog (one of my favorites), but I would not give up that first hour of touring to eat there.

Also, I'm not sure how it is done now on emh days, but all guests are let into mk early for the opening show. You may still have tons of people in the background.

Thanks for straightening me out on BOG not being a character meal. BOG is new to me and I assumed it had replaced Crystal Palace.

Since the BOG restaurant is booked solid for our entire stay, we decided to keep our 8am reservation and miss out on the rope drop touring. BOG sounds like something not to be missed. We can get our 4th FP+s at 11:05am, to help offset the foregone RD touring. But we can't get another BOG.

BOG breakfast itself (the food) is really nothing special. I would absolutely skip it. You could try to get a lunch cancellation ADR or even try walking up at 11. Some people did that on our last trip and were let in.

The only reason people do the 8am PPO is to get on 7DMT a few minutes early. I think you will be disappointed if you keep it.

There has definitely been a change in "the game" with regards to PPO. I wouldn't expect to get the empty park shots you want. I agree with the rest that I would cancel that reservation - its overpriced at $25/person and you're losing prime park time. I'd equate it to 3-4 FPs worth of time lost.

I DO love BoG, but I would sign up for one of the reservation finders (Touring Plans or Mouse Dining) and see if you can get something for mid/late morning. Lunch is a better value and begins at 11AM. You can also break your group up into pairs or singles (depending on ages) and get reservations with 5-10 minutes of each other - you seat yourself, so everyone checks in individually, but you can easily grab a table together.

Absolutely no way I would keep an 8 am BoG on an EMH morning. To us BoG is only worth the hype for dinner. At breakfast and lunch we feel like it is just a big, loud, chaotic counter service place. It is definitely over priced for what you get at breakfast.

I would cancel the 8:00 am ADR and use a reservation finder for dinner at BoG. At least then you have the opportunity for a photo with the Beast.

To me it would not make sense to get up early and head to MK for EMH only to spend the time you COULD be knocking out multiple attractions eating breakfast instead.

Thanks for those enlightening remarks. I always like these sort of informed opinions from caring members.

Even with MK having an EMH opening, I'm assuming our 8am ADR will allow us into the park before rope drop. We want to take PPO photos.

This happened to us on our October trip. I had a PPO ADR for BOG at 8 a.m. on a day the park opened at 9 a.m. A week or so beforehand they changed the park opening time to 8 a.m. - I tried every day, multiple times a day, to change our ADR with no luck. Then the night before I was finally able to change it to 9:30 a.m.! We were able to get in early park touring AND experience breakfast at BOG. Lots of people will cancel the night before to avoid the cancellation fee, so that's a great time to try to re-book if you are set on keeping your reservation.

We LOVE breakfast at BOG. For us, it was totally worth it. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere and had a great time.

And finally, Robo is probably one of the most caring members of the DIS. Always popping in to answer questions and be helpful. I've been around a long time and Robo has always been here being helpful.

This happened to us on our October trip. I had a PPO ADR for BOG at 8 a.m. on a day the park opened at 9 a.m. A week or so beforehand they changed the park opening time to 8 a.m. - I tried every day, multiple times a day, to change our ADR with no luck. Then the night before I was finally able to change it to 9:30 a.m.! We were able to get in early park touring AND experience breakfast at BOG. Lots of people will cancel the night before to avoid the cancellation fee, so that's a great time to try to re-book if you are set on keeping your reservation.

We LOVE breakfast at BOG. For us, it was totally worth it. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere and had a great time.

And finally, Robo is probably one of the most caring members of the DIS. Always popping in to answer questions and be helpful. I've been around a long time and Robo has always been here being helpful.

What a very nice thing to say!
Thank you for the kind words, DisneyElite4!

I too am in the cancel it camp.

We finally tried BOG breakfast last November and we found it loud and chaotic (as @Robo said) and the food bland. Not worth the price or the missed EMH Park time IMO. But morning EMHs are a can’t miss for this family. It’s really the only thing we plan for.

That's a thing of the past.

I think that you're going to be very dissatisfied if you keep the ADR. The restaurant itself is pretty cool, but it's definitely not worth missing rope drop for. The food (at breakfast) is less than mediocre and the experience is not particularly pleasant unless you just love the sound of children screaming

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter